• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

D_prOdigy

iboo09vQ1RYoVs.gif

Heynckes is creeping me out a bit in the back there ;_;

L1NETT

With our win today at Burton, we guaranteed a place in the play offs! Come on you Bantams! 13k at home today. Truly historical season.

Oh and QPR are nearly done for - nice.

With our win today at Burton, we guaranteed a place in the play offs! Come on you Bantams! 13k at home today. Truly historical season.

Oh and QPR are nearly done for - nice.

I wonder if there's a single neutral who likes QPR? Its weird how they've joined Leeds and Millwall in being hated throughout the country, just because of the way they conduct themselves. No sympathy

(I know that people hate us, Man Utd and Chelsea, but there's a bit of respect in there as well)

L1NETT

Prem clubs will always attract flak but I reckon Leeds and Millwall are truly hated, and rightly so especially Leeds. Ew.

"if I had the wings of an eagle and I had the arse of a crow! I'd fly over Elland Road...and shit on the bastards below!

Blackadder gifs? A+

L1NETT, I have a confession to make. I've only just noticed that you're not Linius since the avatar change :p

You are pardoned.

L1NETT, I have a confession to make. I've only just noticed that you're not Linius since the avatar change :p

Speaking of avatars, worst crest ever? Worst crest ever.

D_prOdigy

I don't hate QPR.

I 99% don't care about them. The 1% is liking Park, for obvious reasons. I won't be happy to see them go down. I'm not rooting for them to stay up.

My one memory of QPR will be them literally giving the ball back to City from their kickoff after Dzeko's equaliser last May. The fuck was that all about?

Suen

Malaga's defence in some games is just horrendous. It would be funny if Valencia blows this but you'd need to be a brave person to predict it.
They had problems winning their game last week but they did push quite a bit, were just horrendous in finishing. This game however...they are losing to a Valencia who's performed average in many of their games this season...so to be losing this bad to them just says how much they've fallen down after that CL game. Feel sorry for them.

Lightning

Banned
Hahahahahaha

I'm not the biggest fan of QPR but don't really care if they stay or go. They're gone though.

They had problems winning their game last week but they did push quite a bit, were just horrendous in finishing. This game however...they are losing to a Valencia who's performed average in many of their games this season...so to be losing this bad to them just says how much they've fallen down after that CL game. Feel sorry for them.
This game specifically is a fallout from the Dortmund heartbreak. Same thing happened to United after the Real defeat. Feel really bad for Malaga though as they gave enough to beat Dortmund and to lose the way they did was not fair. It will be an absolute shame if they are kicked out of Europe next season. Come on UEFA!

My one memory of QPR will be them literally giving the ball back to City from their kickoff after Dzeko's equaliser last May. The fuck was that all about?
The weirdest part about that game was as soon as QPR found out they were safe they switched off and it looked like the deliberately aided City in winning the title. I doubt that was the actual case but it definitely appeared that way from what I saw.

Sunderland fans mocking United after they found out they lost on goal difference was funny as well.

dc89

untitled-2mdkw0.gif

I think Messi once said he liked how the Sky Sports banner says "City are The Champions" because it adds to the madness.

Dat Hart and Clichy man hug. <3. Shame we can't witness it again this season... but next one.

L1NETT

Just played an FM friendly against Athletico Minero, to find Gilbero Silva chugging away in Midfield. Turns out he is still playing - what a hero. Man did Wenger let him go too early. Arguably the most important member of that Arsenal side?

Plasma

Banned
Just played an FM friendly against Athletico Minero, to find Gilbero Silva chugging away in Midfield. Turns out he is still playing - what a hero. Man did Wenger let him go too early. Arguably the most important member of that Arsenal side?

Yes it was stupid to let him go, especially seeing how Flamini left on a free not long after as well.

Have you ever looked forward to cracking open a tub of ice cream, then you open it to realise that some cunt has eaten some of it, left it out until its melted and gone yellow, then put it back in the freezer?

#fuckinglivid

I just fell asleep watching MOTD and had a dream that I was filming Andy Townsend on an iPhone presenting Football Focus. His guests were Grandad and Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses, Albert was cleanly shaven. Meanwhile in the background Michael Jordan was winning a darts game with a double 10.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
So this is really bizarre - Islam Feruz is a youth player who plays for Chelsea. He left Celtic after being tapped up and not attending training etc forcing us to give up with him and let him go to Chelsea. Always thought he was just another total waster with amazing talent fallen through the gaps of our youth system.

This is pretty much confirmed by the fact that I see him playing 5s in the local astroturf pitches in Glasgow city centre most Sundays. He's even played against some of my mates' teams in public tournaments a few times - his team are called the african boys or something.

Here's the crazy bit: It's just come out that Chelsea paid £4,000,000 to us in compensation for him and he's still paid a pretty hefty wage in their under 19s team. What are they thinking?

So this is really bizarre - Islam Feruz is a youth player who plays for Chelsea. He left Celtic after being tapped up and not attending training etc forcing us to give up with him and let him go to Chelsea. Always thought he was just another total waster with amazing talent fallen through the gaps of our youth system.

This is pretty much confirmed by the fact that I see him playing 5s in the local astroturf pitches in Glasgow city centre most Sundays. He's even played against some of my mates' teams in public tournaments a few times - his team are called the african boys or something.

Here's the crazy bit: It's just come out that Chelsea paid £4,000,000 to us in compensation for him and he's still paid a pretty hefty wage in their under 19s team. What are they thinking?

Where did you get this figure? I thought Chelsea shafted Celtic on compensation due to some legal stuff and only paid like £300,000.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Where did you get this figure? I thought Chelsea shafted Celtic on compensation due to some legal stuff and only paid like £300,000.
That's what everyone expected. But a senior Celtic coach said at a charity dinner last week said that after complained to FIFA about them tapping him up, FIFA were threatening to ban Chelsea from signing youth players and so a package was worked out of 2.5m rising to 4 with add-ons.

The legal thing you're talking about is that only a small compensation is due for players that young when they're taken on by other teams after running through their contract, but it turns out that there was evidence of Chelsea talking to him while he was still at Celtic and we were in negotiations with Man City for a transfer.

Top Bottom