• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Oh well. Still, a Zenit win today cuts the deficit with CSKA to 4 points and CSKA has a tough away game to Rubin next week. REMUNTADAAAAAAAAAA is still on this season.
bZWO8Rq.png

If Zenit win today then I guarantee you that CSKA is going to get nervous. They still remember their massive choke last season. Rondon is gonna shit on them next week and Zenit is going to laugh their way to the title. Kerzhakov might even score. Book it!
Ok ok, chill. I don't actually follow the league, but started to follow CSKA since Honda might become a target for us (maybe).
But whatever, I'll play your nemesis. GO SPARTAK, CSKA 4 Champs, ZENIT SUKA, WOOHOO :D

Ok ok, chill. I don't actually follow the league, but started to follow CSKA since Honda might become a target for us (maybe).
But whatever, I'll play your nemesis. GO SPARTAK, CSKA 4 Champs, ZENIT SUKA, WOOHOO :D

Cool. You can get Honda on a free in the summer since his contract is expiring at the end of the year. Don't see why you guys would want him though when you have Gotze, Reus, etc.

Milchjon

One might wonder whether it's pure coincidence that Hoeneß and Al Capone got busted for the same thing.

How much deeper will this go?

Cool. You can get Honda on a free in the summer since his contract is expiring at the end of the year. Don't see why you guys would want him though when you have Gotze, Reus, etc.

Bunch of reasons actually:
1) we need a deeper squad since this season has showed that our current set-up is not enough to compete in both, the league and CL. There's only fragile talent behind Reus/Götze/Kuba, while Großkreutz is more and more becoming a wing back.

2) Besides Götze all of our offensive players lack crativity/aren't playmakers. Reus is more of a winger, striker. Only Gündogan can be advanced to the OM, but then he's great in CM/DM too. So yeah, we need a second playmaker to sub Götze or play alongside him.

3) Götze will leave us at some point (probably after WC '14), I'm pretty sure everyone realizes it - so we need new players to get accustomed to our system right now.

And since he's basically a free transfer and Japanese, we could be targeting him (though the last rumor tidbit is 4 months old at this point). Eriksen, Mkhitaryan, deBruyne are also being rumored. But I don't think we'll end up getting any of them :|

Suen

Fuck me, Biabiany how could you NOT score that. This game has been shit.

edit: Amauri talking too much, got a yellow. Cool down

One might wonder whether it's pure coincidence that Hoeneß and Al Capone got busted for the same thing.

How much deeper will this go?

I'd laugh my ass off if there was more to it than just Hoeneß personally. That the whole club was involved in shady deals/tax evading schemes. Time to close shop, Lederhosen!

Zabojnik

lol, ibra is going to rape all the good thing conte's done in the last 2 years. hopefully marotta is that dumb.

Oh, he is.

Is he, though? Rumor is both Nedved *and* Conte are pushing for Ibra's return. On paper at least, Ibra is exactly the type of striker Conte is looking for. One that's able to play spalle alla porta and excels at assisting attacking midfielders. A better Vucinic, so to say, with the added ability of, you know, putting the ball in the net. Nocerino's unreal scoring form from last season wasn't a coincidence. Now imagine Ibra with Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba ...

As to how the team would react to Ibra being Ibra ... That remains to be seen.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is he, though? Rumor is both Nedved *and* Conte are pushing for Ibra's return. On paper at least, Ibra is exactly the type of striker Conte is looking for. One that's able to play spalle alla porta and excels at assisting attacking midfielders. A better Vucinic, so to say, with the added ability of, you know, putting the ball in the net. Nocerino's unreal scoring form from last season wasn't a coincidence. Now imagine Ibra with Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba ...

As to how the team would react to Ibra being Ibra ... That remains to be seen.

Oh hey look who hopped in!
3AQmK.gif

iaquinta.jpg

Edit: Whoops

juve.jpg

Ibra was the first player Andrea Agnelli wanted to sign after he became president before he signed for AC Milan.

Is he going to clash with Conte? Of course Maybe. But remember what he said on Capello in his book? He 'feared' and respected him because he showed them who's boss on his arrival.

I see Parma have failed us.

Ibrahimovic is a cunt and I don't want him back at Juventus. If he does come back to Juventus and scores a whole buncha goals, however, then I will refrain from pissing on him when he inevitably leaves.

Suen

Biabiany you greedy prick, why did you touch the ball?

We should have won this game. Bad luck, bad finishing and our defense is horrible. Seriously need to get a better defense.

We had plenty of chances, we pushed plenty of times but we couldn't find the net today :(

What was the Inter score? 1-0?
Yep and it wasn't because Inter was good, it was because we sucked so much.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Ibrahimovic is a cunt and I don't want him back at Juventus. If he does come back to Juventus and scores a whole buncha goals, however, then I will refrain from pissing on him when he inevitably leaves.

Small games Ibra will be useful against the likes of Genoa and Inter. Juve on autopilot in the league while they focus on Europe.

Suen

Zanetti was like the best player today, that should say lots about Inter in this game considering his age.

Yeah, pretty much, but the keeper is still weird for trying to "over-anticipate" there.
One of the things that really frustrated me as well. What the fuck was Mirante thinking?

Top Bottom