• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

We don't really know what Friend saw, if anything. He could just as well just have seen Ivan on the ground and then gone to tell them both to calm down, cause it looked like he didn't see anything and was focusing on the ball.

Yeah. I don't think anyone saw it first time, even from the TV angle. Not only was it not near the ball, it wasn't near the players who were last on the ball. DOubt Friend saw it, and even if he did, he'd be stupid to admit it. There's no chance that Suarez lucks his way out of a ban.

FuturusX

Where would you say spitting at somebody ranks?

IMO this incident is on a par with that. Both pretty harmless in the long term.

I agree. I think there is nothing worse than extreme violent conduct.

If Suarez receives a 7 game ban - I'd be okay with that mind you. He has to learn to control his anger. Which really is at the heart of his issues. He can keep the aggression...it's what drives him and makes him good. But perhaps that is difficult. He is who he is. Always playing on the edge.

Generally I want to see longer bans for violent conduct across the board.

"By now, I don't care if I pay a 20, a 50 or a 100 % tax rate. I care for the ordinary people."
"It's not smart, because at one point you get caught. And it can't be the general idea to go to prison just to save a few Mark taxes."
Uli Hoeneß, 2002

"I know that it's stupid. But I pay full taxes.
Uli Hoeneß, 2005.

Makes you also reconsider if Bayern really is the best run club in the last 30-40 years. Now, there's always the doubt whether everything done at Bayern was (at least more or less) legal or not. There's the possibility Hoeneß did some dodgy deals to get Bayern to the top.

GorillaJu

FA ignores some of the actions from some of the English players, did I really need to point it out?

He has history is pretty obvious too, wtf morsel.

Wtf what? I'm asking what that has to do with the Fifa regulations on retrospective punishment. The rules are clear and it's not something you can bring externalities into, like national team bias or having a history. Neither factor has any relevance here.

L1NETT

Sorry if it has been mentioned, but saw a tweet saying "At least Suarez has now tasted champions league success"

Made me chuckle.

Linius

CJC711G.jpg

Looks like he tryed to bite Sturridge too :p

Wtf what? I'm asking what that has to do with the Fifa regulations on retrospective punishment. The rules are clear and it's not something you can bring externalities into, like national team bias or having a history. Neither factor has any relevance here.

Him having a history definitely plays a big factor, FA wouldn't want to give him less than 7 games like he got in the Dutch league. It's the same incident thus the same punishment.

arkon

Liverpool have improved significantly under Rodgers. It's clear they've worked through the teething problems from the start of his tenure.

Madridy

#PlayersOnTheSuarezMenu trend in twitter is gold!

Bacary Lasagne
Denis Burgerkamp
Shaun Wright-Fillets
Dimitar Burgertov
Andy Carrot

Lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cagliari have reacted angrily to the “poor taste” tweet sent by Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis after today’s game.

Napoli won 3-2 in the final minute and De Laurentiis wrote on his Twitter account: “I dedicate this victory to Cellino, Astori and Nainggolan.”

It was a barbed comment aimed at a January transfer deal that collapsed, as President Massimo Cellino rejected Napoli’s offers for Radja Nainggolan and Davide Astori.

Cagliari responded with a statement on the official club website this evening.

“Cagliari Calcio expected more from De Laurentiis than this poor taste tweet, but that is evidently a quality the Partenopei President does not possess

Ahahahah

Top Bottom