• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Empty

ib1i7EzAKuqvlv.gif

i like this angle because it shows suarez trying to appeal to the ref for a foul after ivanovic throws him off to stop him biting him

arkon

This game is kinda boring. Juve don't seem interested in risking anything, and Milan aren't putting together much more than long shots.

Yep. Almost tempted to turn it off and do something else with my time. Pogba's the only thing stopping me from doing that.

Arnie

Feel sorry for him how?

I think he's just mentally broken.

He was giving an interview this very morning about improving his behaviour, an interview in which he admitted his wife pleads with him to do so. But he's just, in no uncertain terms, a sociopath. That's not something I can hold malice about, I see it as a condition.

Again, I'll accept the stick that's likely to flood my way.

Mastadon

Banned
Worth remembering #LFC appointed a new director of communications on Thursday. Easy first week in the job ... @BenSmithBBC

:lol

He was giving an interview this very morning about improving his behaviour, an interview in which he admitted his wife pleads with him to do so. But he's just, in no uncertain terms, a sociopath. That's not something I can hold malice about, I see it as a condition.

If he genuinely has like, a mental issue, I would feel sorry for him too - because he has to face the consequences of that in front of the whole world.

But tbh I think he's just a bit of a knob.

pulga

Banned
Gorgeous penalty from Rey Arturo!

Youre safe, the cunts most likely to give you shit are still banned lol

But I dunno, I mean there has to be a limit to just how stupid you can be and keep getting away with it.

Gonna get stick for this but I feel sorry for Suarez.

I'm a monster, too.

I kind of understand where you're coming from. I think he can't control himself when the red mist descends, but its not excusable.

Hopefully he at least went into the Chelsea dressing room to apologise after the match, not only because it would be the right thing to do, but to try and avoid a war between the clubs.

I think the fans will run out of patience with him before the club. He's just too important for us

Empty

Worth remembering #LFC appointed a new director of communications on Thursday. Easy first week in the job ... @BenSmithBBC

:lol

wait, so did they sack the guy that took that ironic itk twitter account out to a restaurant in order to threaten him.

that position is cursed lol

Arnie

If he genuinely has like, a mental issue, I would feel sorry for him too - because he has to face the consequences of that in front of the whole world.

But tbh I think he's just a bit of a knob.

Gorgeous penalty from Rey Arturo!

Youre safe, the cunts most likely to give you shit are still banned lol

But I dunno, I mean there has to be a limit to just how stupid you can be and keep getting away with it.

I think that because he's an incredibly talented footballer in the public consciousness we sort of assume that he's mentally sound, I think that's just something we as audiences, and consumers, do. I'm paying to watch Suarez, I'm paying to have his name on my shirt; the idea that he's in some way mentally unstable rattles with this.

Again, I'm punting, and I've condemned his actions today as strongly as anyone, but whilst there's an argument to say he's simply a nasty bastard, I think there's also a credible argument to suggest, given the frequency and inexplicable nature of the incidents, he's also a bit mentally unstable.
Surely not even the Liverpool fans can defend Suarez now...surely?
If that's referring to me then it'd be wildly ignorant to think I'm defending him.

I've condemned him.

But if you accept this view then you're basically saying he belongs in a mental institution until he sorts himself out.

I can't agree with your assessment anyway, because he clearly has friends at the club and everything seems to indicate he's a nice person off the pitch. "He can't help it" is a poor excuse for his behaviour in my opinion.

Fry

Brendan Rodgers: "Having reviewed the video footage and spoken to Luis, his behaviour is unacceptable and I have made him aware of this."

brenton pls

Whoever the new PR guy is, he's better than the last one.

Liverpool coming out with the condemnations fast and strong.

If we play it smart, we'll condemn him publically, support him privately, get him some one-on-ones with a psychiatrist and accept any fines and bans without a peep.

If we play it smart, we'll condemn him publically, support him privately, get him some one-on-ones with a psychiatrist and accept any fines and bans without a peep.
It depends what the FA do but IMO Liverpool should add a couple of games to whatever ban he is given.

Suarez fucked up, it's clear as day. He can't complain and has no right to feel betrayed by the club.

Tough punishment like that will/should help the penny drop for him and also send a good message on behalf of Liverpool and how seriously they're taking it.

choodi

Banned
I think that because he's an incredibly talented footballer in the public consciousness we sort of assume that he's mentally sound, I think that's just something we as audiences, and consumers, do. I'm paying to watch Suarez, I'm paying to have his name on my shirt; the idea that he's in some way mentally unstable rattles with this.

Again, I'm punting, and I've condemned his actions today as strongly as anyone, but whilst there's an argument to say he's simply a nasty bastard, I think there's also a credible argument to suggest, given the frequency and inexplicable nature of the incidents, he's also a bit mentally unstable.

If that's referring to me then it'd be wildly ignorant to think I'm defending him.

I've condemned him.

Not any reference to you in particular, i just can't fathom how anyone would want this moron on their team. Surely the public opinion must be turning against him now?

And to your point about him being mentally unstable, well if that is the case then he has no place on the football field. It is only a matter of time before he does some real damage if that is the case.

Top Bottom