• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Linius

Well I've got Fire Emblem already. I will get Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing then get Donkey Kong for free.

Gonna do the same except for Fire Emblem. I already have Luigi, getting AC and DKC with that. And then Lego for free I guess. Might decide on buying Lego instead because that will prolly be cheaper than AC and DKC by june 30th. Nintendo games hardly drop in price, that Lego game surely will.

Wilbur

Banned
As a casual gamer, when I buy 3DS and Pokemanz, what else is there to get? I don't want Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem or Yojimoto School Surprise: Fourth Grade Pubes or whatever else shit Nintendo come up with

What are good fun games

dc89

Gonna do the same except for Fire Emblem. I already have Luigi, getting AC and DKC with that. And then Lego for free I guess. Might decide on buying Lego instead because that will prolly be cheaper than AC and DKC by june 30th. Nintendo games hardly drop in price, that Lego game surely will.

Animal Crossing is currently £26 to pre-order on ShopTo. Amazing price.

Meier

I highly recommend Fire Emblem. I'd never played any games in the series and was completely blown away by it. The best game on the 3DS, no doubt.

finalZP8L2548.ashx

MCFC CFA construction workers: Quintessential British.

Clegg

Has it been mentioned that Joachim Low is one of Arsenal's preferred candidates for manager?

The Times have reported that Arsenal will try to get him if Wenger decides to leave when his contract expires in 2014.

dc89

As a casual gamer, when I buy 3DS and Pokemanz, what else is there to get? I don't want Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem or Yojimoto School Surprise: Fourth Grade Pubes or whatever else shit Nintendo come up with

What are good fun games

Good fun games?

Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land - this is a MUST!
Bit.Trip Saga - collection of mini games for like £8. Good for casuals.

Arnie

What are good fun games
Fuck

That was well funny.

Clegg

What are good fun games

Ocarina of Time 3D and Kid Icarus.

Why exactly did City's owners not free up the funds for City to improve? We all know that Rodwell, Sinclair and Maicon were far from their first choices, but why did they have to settle for them?

Ocarina of Time 3D and Kid Icarus.

A remake and a game with broken controls.

Wilbur

Banned
Has it been mentioned that Joachim Low is one of Arsenal's preferred candidates for manager?

The Times have reported that Arsenal will try to get him if Wenger decides to leave when his contract expires in 2014.

Don't think Wenger would leave, and Arsenal would be silly to allow him to leave. Low wouldn't be the worst replacement I suppose; has he worked in club management before?

Good fun games?

Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land - this is a MUST!
Bit.Trip Saga - collection of mini games for like £8. Good for casuals.

My little brother has the first two I think, I like Mario Kart. It's far better than the Wii version.

Don't think I've played anything else. He has Kid Icarus but I haven't given it a go yet.

Oh and Ocarina. I'm at the bottom of the well.

Kenka

I think I'll split the games to be bought between my friend and I. I'll buy two, he'll buy one and he ll' get one for free (he is still a student). We will exchange the cartridges when we are done with our respective games, and I might even get his 3DS when he has crunch/exam periods.

I think we will get:

Donkey Kong
Fire Emblem
CastleVania
Lego City

If only they could have extended their offer to Wii U games as well.

Linius

Animal Crossing is currently £26 to pre-order on ShopTo. Amazing price.

That's pretty cheap indeed. Though I'm not sure how much shipping costs will be added for me. And I need an account to see that, how much is it for English folks?

I highly recommend Fire Emblem. I'd never played any games in the series and was completely blown away by it. The best game on the 3DS, no doubt.

I'm just no too much into that kind of RPG. So I guess I'll punch my self in the punch if I get it and don't like it as I would expect. Maybe when it's get cheaper.

dc89

That's pretty cheap indeed. Though I'm not sure how much shipping costs will be added for me. And I need an account to see that, how much is it for English folks?

I'm just no too much into that kind of RPG. So I guess I'll punch my self in the punch if I get it and don't like it as I would expect. Maybe when it's get cheaper.

Some guys who ordered FE got £3 international delivery.

Linius

Some guys who ordered FE got £3 international delivery.

Hmm, in that case I'd save 4 euros max, that's not that much. Guess I'll stick to my local store. Also hate to wait two weeks for my games. Love Zavvi and other UK webstores but for new stuff the wait is terrible.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I've had my problems with Michael Cox's views before but he's written some quality articles in the last 24 hours. Really interesting as always to see games broken down and dissected like this.

Spurs vs City - http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/04...econd-half-formation-switch-changes-the-game/

Valencia vs Malaga - http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/04...narrowness-allows-banega-freedom-to-dominate/

Juve vs Milan - http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/04/22/juventus-1-0-milan-tactics/

"Excellent season" <3

Did he ever reveal his 'team'? I hope it isn't Inter or someone equally as horrible.

Wilbur

Banned
Why exactly did City's owners not free up the funds for City to improve? We all know that Rodwell, Sinclair and Maicon were far from their first choices, but why did they have to settle for them?

Theoretically there'd be a few I suppose. Attempts to fit FFP's brief a tad more. Not trusting Mancini to make the right purchases. Short sightedness. Being City.

Kenka

I second the "FE roxx!" statement. I started with Path of Radiance and I just fucking loved the way the story unfolded before my eyes, the non-manichean setup, the gameplay, the music, the graphics were not mind-blowing but the CGs were absolutely amazing.

Radiant Dawn went on with the same strengths with some newer units who allowed for more diverse strategies. The series on consoles is delightful. Radiant Dawn is up there in the list of my favourite RPGs of the gen along the Dark series and Xenoblade.

Wilbur

Banned
"Excellent season" <3

Did he ever reveal his 'team'? I hope it isn't Inter or someone equally as horrible.

Don't recall him doing so, but is he hiding it? Or has no one asked him ahah?

Unwillingness to pay above the odds too. Re: Hazard.

Yeah, true. And in the case of RVP, a preference for another club. Not all their problems were of their own making, but it's a very weak defence of their title.

defel

Do city really need to strengthen their squad. At least on paper they appear to have a team composed of players who, man-for-man, can compete with any side in the world. I think their main problem is leadership and management. Mancini hasn't done well with the resources given to him.

I dont watch City much though so let that be a qualifier.

Arnie

Hazard was pretty fucking good yesterday.

And that's after me saying he shouldn't have been nominated for Player of the Year.

he still shouldn't

Do city really need to strengthen their squad. At least on paper they appear to have a team composed of players who, man-for-man, can compete with any side in the world. I think their main problem is leadership and management. Mancini hasn't done well with the resources given to him.

They lack pace.

Feorax

I think they just need to not buy players for the sake of it. What a waste Rodwell and Sinclair have been.

I expect one of Tevez or Dzeko to go in the summer, so a striker is a must.

Linius

Not been feeling it.

Needs a big finish for me.

The acting is great and I love the settings and all...just not sure where the story is heading, I feel like it's...clanking!

I really like the fact they kicked everything up a notch and went on to a slightly darker path than the beginning of the season. Really wondering how they'll end the season. Just two more episodes.

Will probably win some awards then.

It's an FX show, don't count on it :p

Meier

I think our biggest concern is just a lack of a true spark off the bench. For awhile we had Dzeko who could score as a sub but he hasn't scored as a starter or a sub lately (last goal for City was against Soton in early February) but that's about it. Kolarov can provide offensive help, but he's still not an out and out goalscorer or anything along those lines.

Most of our guys who are available as subs are defensive-minded -- this allows Yaya to get forward for instance but it's not like he's a fresh set of legs (although some games I bet he has plenty of energy left at the end...). Losing Balotelli and not bringing in a replacement of some variety (even if it was a loan) was pretty short-sighted.

For the new day <3

http://abload.de/img/gaitas-27rsfa.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Holy shit what a goal. Has the FPS been sped up a little bit though? Or was it really that lightning fast?

Kenka

OK, you know my interest for the UEFA coefficient table. Now there is something with our Portugal friends.

If Benfica wins one of the legs against Fener, Portugal will pass France again:

FmvnrGy.jpg

Now, when it comes to next year, Italy and Portugal will be really close. Italy will have to do as well as Portugal if they want to remain 4th:

7DAIgAD.png

It's gonna be interesting.

I really like the fact they kicked everything up a notch and went on to a slightly darker path than the beginning of the season. Really wondering how they'll end the season. Just two more episodes.

It's an FX show, don't count on it :p
Hmm yeah I do like the darker, murkier storyline.

I'll be quite disappointed if the season ends and
Stan doesn't find out about Phillip and Elizabeth.

dc89

We're gonna tear West Ham a new a-hole this Saturday. Maybe on Saturday the team can play with freedom and try something new, instead of clinging to a vain hope we could somehow retain our title.

Take the shackles off and let's do 'em.

Fry

Don't be scared Fry ! It's gonna be an awesome game, with Baaaaaaaaaaaaaayern prevailing at the end.

It's just that this and next week will be very tense for me. Lots of things happening. So a Bayern x Barca game in the middle doesn't help me at all.

Linius

Hmm yeah I do like the darker, murkier storyline.

I'll be quite disappointed if the season ends and
Stan doesn't find out about Phillip and Elizabeth.

It all depends on the 'how and what' tbh. I can see multiple endings being effective but they have to execute it the right way to be so. Let's wait and see.

Top Bottom