• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

phaze

OK, you know my interest for the UEFA coefficient table. Now there is something with our Portugal friends.

If Benfica wins one of the legs against Fener, Portugal will pass France again:

FmvnrGy.jpg

Now, when it comes to next year, Italy and Portugal will be really close. Italy will have to do as well as Portugal if they want to remain 4th:

7DAIgAD.png

It's gonna be interesting.

Wow I must say it's kind of mind blowing that the country of 10 mln people surpasses one of 69 mln. Perhaps it's not all bout that moneyz.

Linius

Wow I must say it's kind of mind blowing that the country of 10 mln people surpasses one of 69 mln. Perhaps it's not all bout that moneyz.

That does't really make sense. There are 82 mln. Germans in comparance to a little under 50 mln. Spaniards. Should Germany be higher ranked than Spain because they have more inhabitants? It all depends on how rich the clubs really are.

You could say that about national team rankings btw, because countries with less people have smaller options for great footballers.

Galliani said:
We paid for Ibra and Thiago Silva's wages until August. The players who were out of contract were paid until June. We will save around €40-50m on the players' wages in 2013. The sale of Pato allowed us to sign a much younger player than Tevez: on a patrimonial level, it's much better to have Balotelli. In terms of FFP, we have a positive balance sheet because we can deduct the costs from the youth sector and stadium. Compared to when we sold Sheva and Kakà, we have now reduced our wages to a point where we won't lose as much money as before.

So yeah, everything I said last May is happening right now, we'll probably spend around €15m in transfers this summer, then spend something more next year.

It's mostly about actually giving a shit about the EL. That's where you get the points.

Mostly, yeah. First season of the EL, Sporting reached the last 16 and Benfica the QF. Next season, 3 of the last 4 teams were Portuguese and the next 2 years we always had a team reach the semi-final.

phaze

That does't really make sense. There are 82 mln. Germans in comparance to a little under 50 mln. Spaniards. Should Germany be higher ranked than Spain because they have more inhabitants? It all depends on how rich the clubs really are.

You could say that about national team rankings btw, because countries with less people have smaller options for great footballers.

Well I do think Germany under performs relative to its economic potential, on the other hand they are on the rising tide now and they have more sustainable league model than for example Spain. Anyhow the discrepancy is no that big as in the case of Portugal/France.

NT do kind of support my case as Brasil and Germany are consistently one of the best teams in WC/Euro/Copa.

I freakin' hate my current workplace.

They're refusing to give a reference for me until I quit my current job.

Can they do that? Why won't they just give the reference...they know I'm gonna be leaving anyway.

Fady K

First I would like to welcome back the posters who were banned, this thread has missed you. Can't wait till Kyle and Quiche are back as well. Quality posters.

Second I'd like to congratulate our United fanbase here for being on the verge of winning a very deserved 20th league title in style. Enjoy it folks.

Fady just said he hates Suarez.

God damn.

I definitely enjoy his qualities (at least when he is not playing against Chelsea), but I cannot stand what he did yesterday. Especially when he inflicted further damage by scoring that second goal after extra time was over.

He hates United too.

I don't really hate United to be honest. I'm just not fond of them for a variety of reasons.

He said cunt earlier, not in the same context as a swear but still. Fady is having a bad day.

I was rephrasing in a way haha. That Liverpool draw, the manner in which it unfolded, left a bad taste in my mouth.

Fady's beard is well trimmed, what's the secret Fady?!

I've tried earlier but it ended up in failure and I had to cut the whole thing.

I honestly am not good at trimming my beard well; I tend to go to the barber for that ;(

That's not Fady. That can't be Fady.

It was for April fool's dc :D Had it on my facebook page!

ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

was for april 1... But... HE WORE IT

Woodenlung knows what's up ;D

I hope he scrubbed himself clean after that.

Had the longest shower of my life after that akon :p

Fucking hell, is that Fady K?

That is me bro ;D

Never seen Fady on twitter after a man utd injustica huh?

That man is not always nice like me

That was ages ago man ;D Yesterday I was almost just as pissed by the way. I yelled at the TV when Suarez scored. Felt horrible. I took a few minutes to calm down and even though I was still pissed, I was able to control my anger to a far greater degree.

To all posters out there who don't want to ever suffer a personal meltdown with their posts - do NOT post your reaction immediately after your team loses or suffers an injustice.

But he doesn't post that often here, he's awesome though! Meanwhile you are the biggest Barca-troll ever, I'd love to have you on Madrid-GAF side. You'd be like pulga's real brother then.

I have started to post more often btw ;) I usually post at least once on a daily basis these days (a few weeks ago I would post once every other week). Thank you for your kind words though Suen, I really appreciate it friend :)

Fady and PrematureQuiche are the footballGAF angels. btw I've changed my ways, I am aiming to be more like Quiche and fady.

To me you have always been one of the kindest (and coolest) posters around here bro :D A well-loved Barça fan :)

Quiche :(

Having only Fady as the nice guy here isn't enough as he rarely posts. Quiche needs to return. Mumei pls.

I post more often now FootballFan ;) See my response to Suen above :] I am with you on Quiche though, and Kyle. #freekyle #freequiche

THIS was such a hilarious response. Woodenlung? More like Goldenlung.

faridmon

As a casual gamer, when I buy 3DS and Pokemanz, what else is there to get? I don't want Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem or Yojimoto School Surprise: Fourth Grade Pubes or whatever else shit Nintendo come up with

What are good fun games

I liked you despite your antics. You are making this difficult.

Clegg

A little boy in England was bitten during his football game today.

His mum has blamed Luis Suarez.

This is a true story btw.

This whole bite thing is being exaggerated. It's not like Suarez bit off a piece of flesh from Ivanovic's arm.

Poor Suarez can't catch a break in England, first being labeled as a racist, and now this.

Wilbur

Banned
I liked you despite your antics. You are making this difficult.

Was looking for a good anime gif. Realised they're all fucking shit.

Just got back from Evil Dead. Was alright. Wasn't funny or anything. Original and EDII are better. Some wince inducing moments though.

Wilbur

Banned
Thought it was amusing yesterday how Messi said he likes his players to have a bit of edge when his favourite footballer is Iniesta bwahahaha

Arnie

No excusing Suarez but Cameron can get bent.

Don't stick your goony oar in intermittently when it suits your little spiel. Flabby gobshite. Go back to fucking around with the country.

Oh, and, Suarez charged with violent conduct by the FA.

Messi

Thought it was amusing yesterday how Messi said he likes his players to have a bit of edge when his favourite footballer is Iniesta bwahahaha

I like them to have edge but iniestas skill makes him infinitely higher in my estimation. Iniesta is a wizard

Wilbur

Banned
Cameron :lol, focus on more important things you shoebox headed flap.

He gives off an air like a shift manager at Morrisons who's knowingly sold 900g of mince for the price of a kilo, and is both simultaneously shitting himself that someone finds out yet proud that he's got an extra lump of meat to bring home to Georgie at the end of the working day. Just no authority to anything he does apart from the fact that he indeed does have the authority.

Christ, I wish I was still young and naive and didnt understand why our country is so shit.

Bring on 8pm. It's the only thing that can save us.

Arnie

Cameron's a cock.

Sepp's a cock.

Suarez is a cunt.

Robin Van Persie is a cunt.

I'm going to make some salmon pasta.

Fiorentina have been fined €4.000 because their fans were insulting Galliani during yesterday's match against Torino.

I wonder if Galliani provoked them yesterday too.

Feorax

No excusing Suarez but Cameron can get bent.

Don't stick your goony oar in intermittently when it suits your little spiel. Flabby gobshite. Go back to fucking around with the country.

Oh, and, Suarez charged with violent conduct by the FA.

Apparently hearing set for the 24th April. Why bother? We aren't going to contest it and the FA won't give a shit about any mitigation. Just let us know the number of matches and be done with it.

Top Bottom