• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Interesting discussion time

What's the most angry you've ever been at your own club?

For me, it was sacking Rafa Benitez.

Recently, that fucking Everton game where we had our boot on their throat and let them back into it. Not a fucking atom of nous or determination.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Interesting discussion time

What's the most angry you've ever been at your own club?

For me, it was sacking Rafa Benitez.
We thought 4m was too much for the 'unproven' Steven Fletcher, offered 2m as a final offer and were rejected. Strachan left along with all his players (Nakamura, etc) after that. :(

Lightning

Banned
CL final 2012 :-/ I wish Gomez would just leave.
Why are you angry at your club for that? You gave it your best shot and lost. And Robben imo is worse than Gomez, missed a penalty, refused to take one in the shootout. What a fuckwit.

I mentioned the 8-2 hiding from Man United because the club was to blame for it. The result that hurt the most was our CL final loss to Barcelona but that wasn't our clubs fault. We just got beat, that's all.

Blablurn

Why are you angry at your club for that? You gave it your best shot and lost.

I menttoned the 8-2 hiding from Man United because the club was to blame for it. The result that hurt the most was our CL final loss to Barcelona but that wasn't our clubs fault. We just got beat, that's all.

They just bottled it :/ If they gave their best shot, they should have won it.

Blablurn

Why are Bayern to blame because Robben bottled it? The bastard cost us the World Cup so it wasn't exactly the first time. Greedy bastard.

Yeah, that Robben :/ What to do with him! I hope he is on redemption mode. If he scores the game winner in the final everything will be forgotten!

Blablurn

I think I was also very angry after we lost the first game against 1860 Munich after being unbeaten for like 20 years or so.

Mastadon

Banned
Oh how about when Rafa alienated Xabi Alonso in his pursuit to sign Gareth Barry? So much so that he left the club.

Gareth fucking Barry. Rafa pls.

fuenf

Klopp is amazing:

"...über den Abend und das Bundesliga-Spiel gegen die Bayern: "Wir wollen nicht päpstlicher sein als der Papst. Wir haben einen Tag länger als die Bayern, den werden wir nutzen. Keine Ahnung, was die Burschen machen, ich werde gemütlich ein Bierchen im Hotel trinken. Wenn ich der Mannschaft jetzt nicht gestatte, auszugehen, bin ich ja ein Vollhorst. Bis Samstag werden wir sicher wieder in der Reihe sein. Wir werden sowieso umstellen müssen, vielleicht kriegen wir von Bayern auch Haue. Aber das wird die glücklichste Niederlage gegen Bayern jemals in der Bundesliga.""

Lightning

Banned
Klopp is amazing:

"...über den Abend und das Bundesliga-Spiel gegen die Bayern: "Wir wollen nicht päpstlicher sein als der Papst. Wir haben einen Tag länger als die Bayern, den werden wir nutzen. Keine Ahnung, was die Burschen machen, ich werde gemütlich ein Bierchen im Hotel trinken. Wenn ich der Mannschaft jetzt nicht gestatte, auszugehen, bin ich ja ein Vollhorst. Bis Samstag werden wir sicher wieder in der Reihe sein. Wir werden sowieso umstellen müssen, vielleicht kriegen wir von Bayern auch Haue. Aber das wird die glücklichste Niederlage gegen Bayern jemals in der Bundesliga.""
Amazing for those who read German!

fuenf

Amazing for those who read German!

'about the Bundesliga game against Bayern on Saturday: We shouldnt be more papal than the pope. We have one more day of preparation and we'll use it. I dont know what the other guys are doing, but I'll enjoy a beer back at the hotel. I'd be a massive jerk if I didnt allow my team to go out & celebrate. Until Saturday we should be able to set things straight again, maybe Bayern will beat us up. But it will be the happiest defeat against Bayern in the Bundesliga ever.'

Lightning

Banned
I wonder if Man City are really going to sack Mancini at the end of the season?

'about the Bundesliga game against Bayern on Saturday: We shouldnt be more papal than the pope. We have one more day of preparation and we'll use it. I dont know what the other guys are doing, but I'll enjoy a beer back at the hotel. I'd be a massive jerk if I didnt allow my team to go out & celebrate. Until Saturday we should be able to set things straight again, maybe Bayern will beat us up. But it will be the happiest defeat against Bayern in the Bundesliga ever.'
Klopp's awesome. What a guy.

Thanks muchly for the translation too. Much appreciated.

dc89

I don't think we'll replace Mancini.

Just been catching up with City stuff, apparently we have signed Fernandinho from Shakhtar.

Klopp:
"Nuri knows Madrid quite a bit, a few of the guys will surely go out, I'll drink a beer in the hotel. If I wouldn't allow them to go out, I'd be quite a prick. We might get taken apart by Bayern [on Saturday lol] but that would be the happiest loss we could have against Bayern."

Best coach ever

Klopp is awesome.

Lightning

Banned
He doesn't really deserve the sack if he learns from his mistakes this season.

Man City are doing everything right mostly in getting rid of the crap and replacing them with different players. Hope Nasri gets another chance, he's a really good player when he pulls his head in and gets on with it.

fuenf

Klopp is awesome.

haha yeah that's the quote. I hadnt seen it yet :(, it's funny though, because the one in German is actually different from the one Milchmonster posted (it uses wird/will instead of würde/would, and imo that makes it even more awesome :) ).

Either way, the game on Saturday will be the biggest joke ever. The Dortmund fans will tear Hoeneß, Götze, Bayern a new one. Nobody will care about the game, though.

Anyway, why is Klopp so damn likeable? I have the feeling Pep will be the polar opposite at Bayern :(

Blablurn

haha yeah that's the quote. I hadnt seen it yet :(, it's funny though, because the one in German is actually different from the one Milchmonster posted (it uses wird/will instead of würde/would, and imo that makes it even more awesome :) ).

Either way, the game on Saturday will be the biggest joke ever. The Dortmund fans will tear Hoeneß, Götze, Bayern a new one. Nobody will care about the game, though.

Anyway, why is Klopp so damn likeable? I have the feeling Pep will be the polar opposite at Bayern :(

people will fear him because he's different. as usual with human beings.

If the Fernandinho signing was indeed done in January, then Willian likely knew, and that's why he agreed to leave and join Anzhi in February. Shakhtar is a sinking ship, hopefully Zenit can poach Henrikh off them before they drown completely.

Lightning

Banned
What are the chances of Hamberg selling us Rene Adler if we approached them? Would he leave the Bundesliga to come to the EPL and Arsenal? He's an outstanding goalkeeper. Would love to have him with us.

fuenf

What are the chances of Hamberg selling us Rene Adler if we approached them? Would he leave the Bundesliga to come to the EPL and Arsenal? He's an outstanding goalkeeper. Would love to have him with us.

If you offer them enough money, say 15-20m, they'll probably sell him. He likes the EPL he always dreamed of being the United GK.

FootballFan

Goal.com(hahaha) are saying Falcao and Mourinho have agreed terms with Chelsea.

Wouldn't be surprised if true but it's goal.com lol. I remember they had "Rooney" answer questions from fans, but it turned out it was a random guy from India and then they apologised :lol

Apparently Ivanovic told a Serbian paper that the players can't wait for Mou to return.

All the transfer talk is starting early this season. Nice.

qindarka

Banned
Goal.com is full of shit. I am just waiting for the news to come out on a reliable source. Bild doesn't count either.

Lightning

Banned
All the more important for United to kick Chelsea's ass and then Spurs kick their ass putting Chelsea into the Europa and no more Falcao or Mourinho! Problem solved.

fuenf

It's Bayern day, yeah!
isMcKLhoO65cu.gif

hopefully it will be a smooth ride:
ibitL06jLFr7xO.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom