• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
WOW I got a tag.

That's what I get for being a presumptuous moron. I'm now Footy-Gaf's David Icke.

FootballFan

“‘Impossible’ is only a word that weak men use to live in the world in which they were given, not daring to explore the power they have to change it. ‘Impossible’ is not a fact, it’s an opinion. ‘Impossible’ is not a statement, it’s a challenge. ‘Impossible’ is potential. ‘Impossible’ is temporary. ‘Impossible’ is nothing.”- Dani Alves

I hope the whole team has this attitude.

REMUNTADAAAAA

I read that on totalBarca. Sounds like a Gladiator/Spartacus speech but it's true. Believe. 2-0 half time would be great. I believe.

Messi

I read that on totalBarca. Sounds like a Gladiator/Spartacus speech but it's true. Believe. 2-0 half time would be great. I believe.

Also, Thiago's much less epic message made me lol

“We will comeback for sure.”- Thiago

FOR SURE GUYS

Messi

How about backing those words up? The Barca players and fans are delusional.

They will be given the chance to back up those words in a few hours. Nothing is impossible in football. I am sure Depor never stopped believing against Milan.

FootballFan

How about backing those words up? The Barca players and fans are delusional.

Not delusional. In the last 4-5 years our team has come back many times and beat several incredible teams. We rarely choke, and I am confident we will do well against Bayern.

Remuntada.

Arnie

Apparently Newcastle have banned a reporter from the Telegraph who ran a story saying there's a split in the dressing room.

Worrying.

Love it.

Had a massive go at the French policy, fought off the minions who defended it, and it's turning into liquid vindication. Stupid scouting policy to buy hordes of French lads on the cheap, doesn't take into account their total footballing worth or their character.

This is exactly why I called them the French QPR. Split squad, no fight, players there for reasons other than 'I want to play for Newcastle', etc.

Can someone please dig up my French QPR posts? I'm feeling ill today and trying to work from home.

fuenf

It's the same Barca that seemingly gave up last week. Barca has never faced a team as strong as Bayern and they still resufe to acknowledge that. That's the mentality that got them in trouble in the first place, you just can't go to Munich with a gameplan like that.

I won't complain but the arrogance level is reaching new heights.

Messi

It's the same Barca that seemingly gave up last week. Barca has never faced a team as strong as Bayern and they still resufe to acknowledge that. That's the mentality that got them in trouble in the first place, you just can't go to Munich with a gameplan like that.

Its not arrogance to believe in the team you support.

rvy

Banned
“‘Impossible’ is only a word that weak men use to live in the world in which they were given, not daring to explore the power they have to change it. ‘Impossible’ is not a fact, it’s an opinion. ‘Impossible’ is not a statement, it’s a challenge. ‘Impossible’ is potential. ‘Impossible’ is temporary. ‘Impossible’ is nothing.”- Dani Alves

Ugh... so Dani Alves likes Adidas ads? Good for him.

FootballFan

Believing is not arrogance. Who is here saying we will kick Bayern's ass? Messi and I are just saying we believe we can.

Bayern are not the best team we have faced imo, Inter under Mou is easily the best, as much as it pains me to say that. They defended like gods with one man less against a much better Barcelona than the current one, much better.

edit
Don't forget this Barca lost to Madrid and Madrid B twice in 5 days, lost against AC Milan 2-0, lost against Celtic, barely drew twice vs PSG, and had to score last minute goals to beat Celtic and Spartak.

But I still believe.

Remuntada.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Isn't the general consensus that he's a bit shit?

He's raw and has no European experience, I don't really see why we would try to get him ahead of someone like Benteke. TBH I think the reason Inter keep talking about him is because there isn't actually that much interest in him. He's had some injury problems in the last year and unless you have the flair of someone like Neymar or Lucas, big fees just aren't going to happen. I don't see us signing him.

fuenf

Believing is not arrogance. Who is here saying we will kick Bayern's ass? Messi and I are just saying we believe we can.

Bayern are not the best team we have faced imo, Inter under Mou is easily the best, as much as it pains me to say that. They defended like gods with one man less against a much better Barcelona than the current one, much better.

edit
Don't forget this Barca lost to Madrid and Madrid B twice in 5 days, lost against AC Milan 2-0, lost against Celtic, barely drew twice vs PSG, and had to score last minute goals to beat Celtic and Spartak.

But I still believe.

Remuntada.

There's nothing wrong with believing in yourself. I just dont like the way the Barca players present themselves in the media, they haven't earned the right to talk like that after last week. That's just wrong imo. Sure Barca can do it, and Bayern can choke. But they shouldnt be so vocal about it, look at Arsenal... they didnt talk half as much shit but brought it on the field.

Messi

edit

But I still believe.

Remuntada.

you said we rarely choke, this CL season has being one long sustained choke lol

Arnie

Is Damiao a pure poacher? My opinion of him from the Olympics is that he's positionally really good but very limited in other areas. He's not going to maraud and bully a defence but if the team gets the balls into the right areas he'll be deadly.

Hope Liverpool do go for this Ilori guy from Sporting. He's not particularly brawny, but he can sure play football for a central defender. Seems like he'd be decent cover for Agger too, as well as potentially slotting in alongside him. Would still hope to get a player like Williams, though. Someone who's going to command a back four and lead from the back. But yea, great potential on that Ilori kid, he seems positionally astute, athletic, and has a great range of passing.

Messi

There's nothing wrong with believing in yourself. I just dont like the way the Barca players present themselves in the media, they haven't earned the right to talk like that after last week. That's just wrong imo. Sure Barca can do it, and Bayern can choke. But they shouldnt be so vocal about it, look at Arsenal... they didnt talk half as much shit but brought it on the field.

Its as much about getting the fans to believe and to get their team mates to believe. Confidence is a massive thing for a team like Barca.

edit

But I still believe.

Remuntada.
youre just a Bayern hater

Build a bridge

fuenf

Its as much about getting the fans to believe and to get their team mates to believe. Confidence is a massive thing for a team like Barca.

Maybe, but if there's anything we / Bayern learned from the final last year it is that being humble is a good thing. I like the "we havent achieved anything yet"-approach Bayern is taking this season.

Arnie

I wore my housemate's Dortmund shirt to the pub last night.

On the way home I tried to leap a bollard and scraped my face on the floor.

Bayern got their revenge.

FootballFan

you said we rarely choke, this CL season has being one long sustained choke lol

You're supposed to be on my side! :lol

But you are right, we are pretty crap. Our defending has been just laughable. Midtable or lower defending, lucky we attack so well that we end up scoring more than we concede.

Other than 3-0 against Spartak, we didn't even beat anyone in the group stage thoroughly. Either late win or draw. lol but in one game anything can happen.

I want to see a motivated team out there unlike every other game this season excluding the second leg of Milan.

Nyx

Apparently Utrecht is scouting Ligue 2 again to get a new striker for next season.

LE-PETIT-DECOMPLEXE_reference.jpg

Benjamin Jeannot, anyone here heard of him?

The most annoyed i've been with United lately is the way we lost Pogba. The club got complacent and expected he would sign a new contract - things like that are usually sorted out very efficiently by the club but we let this one slip and we lost an amazing player in the process.

Very disappointing.

Where?

Hope Mourinho is announced soon, it's all very tiring at the moment. Tony Barrett said it right when he called it 'flirting'.
They won't announce it until the season ends. It's all but done now, though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Liverpool! We need your help (again) this summer!

1- Quagliarella - The MOTD striker. Never scored an ugly goal in his life.

7308b519aa506e70ec5b53b8ff6e7677.jpg

2- Giovinco - The Italian Messi*.

230349hp2.jpg

*pre-steroids Messi

3-Matri - The....well, he's just eye candy really.

151066hp2.jpg

Pick one!

No, actually, pick two!
three. take them all pls

YNWA #JF96 <3

Plan B: Based Txixi where u at

WJD

The most annoyed i've been with United lately is the way we lost Pogba. The club got complacent and expected he would sign a new contract - things like that are usually sorted out very efficiently by the club but we let this one slip and we lost an amazing player in the process.

Very disappointing.

They won't announce it until the season ends. It's all but done now, though.

Not sure if it's complacency necessarily. More Fergie being a stubborn, idealistic old man when it comes to dealing with agents. Obviously it's a very shady, slimy business (especially where Raiola is involved) but sometimes you've just got to suck it up, acknowledge the incredible talent of a youngster and cough up.

Not sure if it's complacency necessarily. More Fergie being a stubborn, idealistic old man when it comes to dealing with agents. Obviously it's a very shady, slimy business (especially where Raiola is involved) but sometimes you've just got to suck it up, acknowledge the incredible talent of a youngster and cough up.
Well I mean that we let it run to just a few months left on his deal before actually trying to get him to renew, meaning we could lose him on a free or have to give in to his demands.

Should never have got to the stage where he had 9 months left on his deal.

WJD

Well I mean that we let it run to just a few months left on his deal before actually trying to get him to renew, meaning we could lose him on a free or have to give in to his demands.

Should never have got to the stage where he had 9 months left on his deal.

Ah, fair enough. Just seems to be our contract policy for most players unfortunately.

On another note: for someone who normally keeps his feet firmly on the ground when it comes to transfers, I'm getting way, way too erect over even the faintest possibility that Ronnie might return home.

Ah, fair enough. Just seems to be our contract policy for most players unfortunately.

On another note: for someone who normally keeps his feet firmly on the ground when it comes to transfers, I'm getting way, way to erect over even the faintest possibility that Ronnie might return home.
Yesterday Guillem said he was staying at Madrid so now I'm really excited.

FootballFan

On another note: for someone who normally keeps his feet firmly on the ground when it comes to transfers, I'm getting way, way to erect over even the faintest possibility that Ronnie might return home.

Don't see that happening, Mou leaving is pretty likely. Ronaldo not so much imo.

You'll get Rumbo, Modric and promote YanOooZai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom