• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSKA is the only Russian team that has managed to impress (tied with Madrid a season ago in the CL).

Anzhi Makhachkhachkhachkala is also impressive with Eto'o, but since they're in Dagestan they probably don't consider themselves very Russian.

CSKA is the only Russian team that has managed to impress (tied with Madrid a season ago in the CL).

Anzhi Makhachkhachkhachkala is also impressive with Eto'o, but since they're in Dagestan they probably don't consider themselves very Russian.

Yeah, CSKA with Slutsky have done well in the CL, making the knockout rounds in both their attempts(they made the quarterfinals in 2010). It will be interesting to see how they will do next year. They'll be seeded in pot 2 so they should have a decent chance of making the knockout round again.

As for Anzhi, they're not that great. They might not even qualify at all for Europe next season. Their squad has poor depth, especially since the foreigner limit means that they have to play 4 Russian players in each game. Samba leaving and the Yeschenko (my home town boy!) injury killed their season.

Slizz

FeminaFoot

ibmLdbnbBBwhA6.gif

I just noticed a hilariously huge bounce house behind the goal.

Yeah, CSKA with Slutsky have done well in the CL, making the knockout rounds in both their attempts(they made the quarterfinals in 2010). It will be interesting to see how they will do next year. They'll be seeded in pot 2 so they should have a decent chance of making the knockout round again.

As for Anzhi, they're not that great. They might not even qualify at all for Europe next season. Their squad has poor depth, especially since the foreigner limit means that they have to play 4 Russian players in each game. Samba leaving and the Yeschenko (my home town boy!) injury killed their season.
Pretty disappointing to see that all the Russian PL teams are in the west, all near Moscow.

Suen

CSKA was impressive last year, the match against Madrid in their home leg was nice. They also have Wernbloom and Elm there, hard to dislike them! Go CSKA!

Anzhi had really bad luck at Europa League this year but Benfica avenged them.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Watching Tijuana vs Palmeiras. Surprised the stadium isn't full considering this is probably the biggest match in the club's history.

Suen

Riki is a top striker with some amazing skills, it's very reasonable to be afraid of him.
I haven't really been thinking or observing this guy much till this season, Madrid looked clueless against him when we were playing against you, he has some amazing skills I agree. I know he's 32 now but I'm still kinda surprised no bigger club has picked him up.

Pretty disappointing to see that all the Russian PL teams are in the west, all near Moscow.
Remember that 78% of the population in Russia is in the European part of the country, or in the west, as you call it. Still, "near" is the wrong word to describe it unless you consider say London and Berlin near each other. Plus, next season Ural(( they're from Yekaterinburg) and Tom(from Tomsk) will be in the RPL and SKA-Energiya Khabarovsk has a chance to be promoted as well. Just google Khabarovsk and see if your complaint will still stand, I dare you.

CSKA was impressive last year, the match against Madrid in their home leg was nice. They also have Wernbloom and Elm there, hard to dislike them! Go CSKA!

Anzhi had really bad luck at Europa League this year but Benfica avenged them.
Anzhi didn't have bad luck, they were(and still are) in terrible form. Their first three games in the league coming off the winter break: 2-0 loss to the last placed team in the league, 1-1 home draw against the second last placed team and a 4-0 loss against the team in 10th place. Embarrassing.

FC Luch-Energiya Vladivostok played in the Premier League from 2006 to 2008. 9 hour flight from St Petersburg
The whole league celebrated when they were relegated.

Timurid

Remember that 78% of the population in Russia is in the European part of the country, or in the west, as you call it. Still, "near" is the wrong word to describe it unless you consider say London and Berlin near each other. Plus, next season Ural(( they're from Yekaterinburg) and Tom(from Tomsk) will be in the RPL and SKA-Energiya Khabarovsk has a chance to be promoted as well. Just google Khabarovsk and see if your complaint will still stand, I dare you.

Fuck.

If they were in Europa or UCL it would be a bitch to go over there.

FC Luch-Energiya Vladivostok played in the Premier League from 2006 to 2008. 9 hour flight from St Petersburg

We, in the Americas, are use to 5+ hour flights. You can get to the Germany border in 30 minutes probably, so more than 2 hours is probably too long for you Europeans and your small ass countries.
;)

We, in the Americas, are use to 5+ hour flights. You can get to the Germany border in 30 minutes probably, so more than 2 hours is probably too long for you Europeans and your small ass countries.
;)

Yeah but just think about how many time zones you have to go across to go to Vladivostok, that isn't as much a problem in the Americas. It's an 8 hour time difference from Moscow.

Anzhi didn't have bad luck, they were(and still are) in terrible form. Their first three games in the league coming off the winter break: 2-0 loss to the last placed team in the league, 1-1 home draw against the second last placed team and a 4-0 loss against the team in 10th place. Embarrassing.
How is the atmosphere in Moscow teams vs Anzhi matches?. I imagine there must be fights between separatists and Russian nationalists in the crowds.

How is the atmosphere in Moscow teams vs Anzhi matches?. I imagine there must be fights between separatists and Russian nationalists in the crowds.

Lol, that doesn't happen. Dagestan doesn't really have a separatist movement. In fact, Dagestan has no one movement at all since it consists of several dozen ethnic groups, most with their own language. They're all united by their Anzhi love. Actually Dagestan doesn't even have elections any more because the ethnic groups always just vote of one their own no matter what, lol.

Mourinho is not a failure, he won a league dominating every team including his rival, Barça. Sure, the main objective was UCL, but trust me, a League is no small fry.

Problem is, the team broke from inside. We should have won this league with even more domination, but we sucked against shit teams. The shit with Casillas, Ozil, Ramos and the spaniards doesn't have name. Casillas leaking info to his wife was also a cunt move by the player. No player is bigger than the club. Diego has done a good job.

Mou should limit to football, and so must the players. We need a few big signings in both defense and offense. We need a defender, a right winger, a CDM and a 9 and we need it fast.

Pellegrini is no man for this spot, he wasn't able to handle the press and the dressing room. Del Bosque is busy with the NT, Ancelloti might be a good choice. But allas, bring AVB or something.

Ronaldo is a diva but he is more professional than a cunt that leaks info to his wife for fucks sake.

Hala Madrid. Fuck Bayern

FootballFan

^thanks man, bad luck against Dortmund. The first leg really cost you, hopefully won't cost us :p

You should be happy Fry, today we found a Gaf member with worse taste than you.

Of course it's a Bayern fan lol. El_Topo I think it is.

Anyways, The Wire, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Firefly are overrated garbage to him.

According to Jim is good though. :lolol

faridmon

Mourinho is not a failure, he won a league dominating every team including his rival, Barça. Sure, the main objective was UCL, but trust me, a League is no small fry.

Problem is, the team broke from inside. We should have won this league with even more domination, but we sucked against shit teams. The shit with Casillas, Ozil, Ramos and the spaniards doesn't have name. Casillas leaking info to his wife was also a cunt move by the player. No player is bigger than the club. Diego has done a good job.

Mou should limit to football, and so must the players. We need a few big signings in both defense and offense. We need a defender, a right winger, a CDM and a 9 and we need it fast.

Pellegrini is no man for this spot, he wasn't able to handle the press and the dressing room. Del Bosque is busy with the NT, Ancelloti might be a good choice. But allas, bring AVB or something.

Ronaldo is a diva but he is more professional than a cunt that leaks info to his wife for fucks sake.

Hala Madrid. Fuck Bayern
Holy Shit. did that happened?

Interesting discussion time

What's the most angry you've ever been at your own club?

For me, it was sacking Rafa Benitez.

Local club, Junior, 3 - 0 lead in the finals, and they won 5-2 on the second leg. It went to PK and we won. I swear to god I almost die of a heart attack of the sheer anger, dissapointment and happiness after we won.

Madrid? Being eliminated by Lyon like 8 times.

Most recently, last year's game at the Etihad had me fuming.

Was that worse than getting knocked out of the CL group stage with a whimper?

Let me change the question to exclude the odd result. I mean decisions that have been made by the club, or people at the club doing stupid things

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
what's funny is that sahin is in the final and madrid will watch it on tv.

Fry

You should be happy Fry, today we found a Gaf member with worse taste than you.

Of course it's a Bayern fan lol. El_Topo I think it is.

Anyways, The Wire, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Firefly are overrated garbage to him.

According to Jim is good though. :lolol

Breaking Bad and AD are top tier, but I can see why someone wouldn't like it. I definitely see why he doesn't like Mad Men.

Taste is subjective, and it differs from culture. I'm the only one from south america around here that posts constantly (at least that exposes his taste about stuff), and over here, people would consider me to have a good taste in everything. If gaf says different, I really don't give a damn.

Breaking Bad and AD are top tier, but I can see why someone wouldn't like it. I definitely see why he doesn't like Mad Men.

Taste is subjective, and it differs from culture. I'm the only one from south america around here that posts constantly (at least that exposes his taste about stuff), and over here, people would consider me to have a good taste in everything. If gaf says different, I really don't give a damn.

Why would you give a damn what anyone thinks of your taste?

Your's is particularly shocking though.

Did you change avatar in the last 10 seconds?

Wilbur

Banned
Was that worse than getting knocked out of the CL group stage with a whimper?

Let me change the question to exclude the odd result. I mean decisions that have been made by the club, or people at the club doing stupid things

Yeah, I think it was. Just the fact that it was a culmination of letting the lead slip and then we turned up with that fucking cowardly performance. Awful.

Off the pitch, there isn't too much to be seething at with United. The business with Fergie defending the Glazers has always felt a little unsavoury at the peak of the discomfort, and I didn't really like the way we just bent over for Rooney's wage demands.

Can't really think of much else. I'm sure someone will remind me of something.

Spending fucking 18m on Ashley Young probably.

FootballFan

Understandable.

Most recently Eto'o + any amount of money for Ibra. Let alone Eto'o + 40m or whatever it was.. God damn. Seriously, I get annoyed just thinking about it.

He loved Barca, he started off at Real Madrid and hated them, he was perfect for Barca, scored all the time. It's like a movie story. And Pep just brushed him off like nothing. He was the only reason to be happy Inter won the CL for me.

It's like Liverpool trading Suarez + 25m for Carroll..

GorillaJu

English people your country's history is full of morons but damn if it doesn't make for interesting historical fiction.

rodvik

Losing 8-0 was not a good day, but I wasnt really mad, it was so bad it was funny.

I think the selling of Barry, Milner, Young and Downing in such a short time period was cumulatively the angriest I have ever been at the club.

faridmon

Losing 8-0 was not a good day, but I wasnt really mad, it was so bad it was funny.

I think the selling of Barry, Milner, Young and Downing in such a short time period was cumulatively the angriest I have ever been at the club.

it wasn't really short time.

Barry Left like a year and something before the others.

Understandable.

I literally spent the night at work in stony silence being strangely aggressive to the stuff I was moving, and the next 3 days fuming while reading RAWK eulogies. Still pisses me off to this day.

While he was on holiday, for fuck's sake. I won't die happy unless Hicks, Gillett and Purslow live out their days on the streets heating up half-eaten burgers over a bin filled with burning newspapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom