• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taste is subjective, and it differs from culture. I'm the only one from south america around here that posts constantly (at least that exposes his taste about stuff), and over here, people would consider me to have a good taste in everything. If gaf says different, I really don't give a damn.

totally agree, people have different tastes and that should be respected. not everyone should be forced to think alike.

however, anyone who doesn't like breaking bad is a tasteless cunt

rodvik

it wasn't really short time.

Barry Left like a year and something before the others.

True, but the rage built. You got the sense (which was correct) that we are going into steep decline. Young and Downing just sealed the deal.

Incidentally I just saw this on Villa talk. 100 years ago April 1913 the following happened with us and Sunderland!

"Our victory last night was a great way to mark the 100th Anniversary of a couple of Villa games in the April 1913 against Sunderland with both clubs going for the League and FA Cup double:

On the 19th April 1913 we beat them 1-0 in the FA Cup Final in front of an incredible world record crowd of 121,919.

However only 4 days later on 23rd April 1913 in front of 70,000 at what was then known as the Aston Lower Grounds we needed a win to have a chance of winning the title and the double. Sadly we only drew 1-1 and Sunderland went on to win the title with us as runners up.

So while both ended the season with one each of the highest honours we also prevented the other from winning the double! "

Crazy.

FootballFan

Breaking Bad and AD are top tier, but I can see why someone wouldn't like it. I definitely see why he doesn't like Mad Men.

Taste is subjective, and it differs from culture. I'm the only one from south america around here that posts constantly (at least that exposes his taste about stuff), and over here, people would consider me to have a good taste in everything. If gaf says different, I really don't give a damn.

Just playing Fry, like what you like. As shitty as it may be to most of us. <3

Fry

Just playing Fry, like what you like. As shitty as it may be to most of us. <3

I mean, Wooden doesn't like Eminem. We all have our flaws, that's like the biggest one you could ever have, but we all love each other so we don't that it in account.

<3

GorillaJu

Elaborate please.

I don't think people are necessarily smarter these days but we're much more jaded to propaganda, your average person would be considered a genius by 16th century standard given that everyone can read, nearly everyone goes to University, and understand politics and law to at least a degree.

Then the further back you go you discover people in positions of incredible power struggling with simple concepts, relying on quotable anecdotes instead of logic or reason and killing swathes of people out of disagreements over divorce proceedings.

The fact that such important and powerful people, kings, dukes, et al are susceptible to waging war petty grievances makes it incredibly entertaining historical fiction because it has a degree of verisimilitude you don't find in more modern books, where you'd never believe in the melodrama.

I know I should be the last person to say this; but the lack of punctuation really annoys me.

This is perhaps the funniest thing you've ever posted. Bravo!

jtb

Banned
I don't think people are necessarily smarter these days but we're much more jaded to propaganda, your average person would be considered a genius by 16th century standard given that everyone can read, nearly everyone goes to University, and understand politics and law to at least a degree.

Then the further back you go you discover people in positions of incredible power struggling with simple concepts, relying on quotable anecdotes instead of logic or reason and killing swathes of people out of disagreements over divorce proceedings.

The fact that such important and powerful people, kings, dukes, et al are susceptible to waging war petty grievances makes it incredibly entertaining historical fiction because it has a degree of verisimilitude you don't find in more modern books, where you'd never believe in the melodrama.

are you reading Wolf Hall?

Wilbur

Banned
now we must pick me a new avatar

Beaker.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
iQACT.jpg

ArA3OyM.jpg

Not even sure if that's right size :lol

:lol

Fuck it. Someone good with photoshop (not FF), could you get rid of all the black shit around Beaker and then make him stare towards my posts, avatar size?

would you kindly

now u hav to do it

or kill me cunt

GorillaJu

Also yes my posts – especially longer ones – are chock full of syntactical and grammatical errors, as well as ridiculous mistakes in diction (thanks autocorrect). Such is life when you use an iPhone. :p Fingers can't type as fast as brain creates sentences, sentences end up disjointed and either too long or too short.

Never thought it mattered, Farid-chan :p

are you reading Wolf Hall?

Bingo. :)

These Mexican commentators are going crazy any time there's even a half chance. I fear for their health if there will be a goal.

FootballFan

:lol

Fuck it. Someone good with photoshop (not FF), could you get rid of all the black shit around Beaker and then make him stare towards my posts, avatar size?

would you kindly

now u hav to do it

or kill me cunt

Bro...

akC0OR4.jpg

Perfection. MS Paint king.

FootballFan

I thought he used that avatar?

Really?

If I remember correctly, everyone had jackets in their avatars from the Del Piero avatar. And viva said "can someone put my avatar on a jacket", so I googled jacket and put his avatar on it. Then Viva used it.

now I'm not sure now though lol.

Fry

Really?

If I remember correctly, everyone had jackets in their avatars from the Del Piero avatar. And viva said "can someone put my avatar on a jacket", so I googled jacket and put his avatar on it. Then Viva used it.

now I'm not sure though lol.

Now I'm confused too. It was either Jeff or Viva.

faridmon

YES! I have progressed to next level linguistically. Next, I'll write poems about Life and Universe (aka Everton and Moyes)
Writing a blog has done me good.

Fry

iZ4dsJikRiPfL.png

There you go wilbz. His hair sucks and I couldn't cope with my half asleep brain to make it any better.

edit: done. Good night!

Fry

Xintin wins, sorry fry.

I know. Dat hair.

I remember when I asked for someone to include four players into that happy birthday picture from the bayern squad, he made the cunt players in like 20 minutes. It was crazy fast and it looks good and funny.

Dude is a pro. Too bad he's a chelsea fan.

xintin

I know. Dat hair.

I remember when I asked for someone to include four players into that happy birthday picture from the bayern squad, he made the cunt players in like 20 minutes. It was crazy fast and it looks good and funny.

Dude is a pro. Too bad he's a chelsea fan.
Bayern fan tmrw!

fry am cry.

xintin just made me a Chelsea fan.

Xintin is a legend.

Chelsea 4 lyfe. Oh we are blue oh we are blue, oh Chelsea we are blue.
at last you've both seen the light of the holy roman empire.

Lol at everyone sucking up to Xintin and Chelsea all of the sudden.
and now im getting out before it all turns against me.

Sloosha

Xintin, did you see those Sky Italia(lol) rumours? The thought of Terry and Pepe lining up together is extremely amusing.

xintin

Xintin, did you see those Sky Italia(lol) rumours? The thought of Terry and Pepe lining up together is extremely amusing.
Pepe, JT and Ashley Cole. Just need an equally cuntish RB and we will have the greatest defense of all time.

Cesar and his creepy smile and Premier Ass are just too likeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom