• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

It ain't no coincidence, Fady.

LOL. Possibly, possibly.

I think he can be a great player btw, just use him in the smaller games instead! Not in the knockout games, or any game where points can be won.

The link to Juve is not for real though is it?

Conte knows better!

gaming_noob

Guys, please tell me the Barcelona vs Bayern game will have 3 goals or more. I got burned yesterday in the Real Madrid game.

Liverpool! We need your help (again) this summer!

1- Quagliarella - The MOTD striker. Never scored an ugly goal in his life.

7308b519aa506e70ec5b53b8ff6e7677.jpg

2- Giovinco - The Italian Messi*.

230349hp2.jpg

*pre-steroids Messi

3-Matri - The....well, he's just eye candy really.

151066hp2.jpg

Pick one!

No, actually, pick two!
three. take them all pls

YNWA #JF96 <3

Plan B: Based Txixi where u at

Only if you include Melo in the deal

dc89

*goes on BBC*

"Manchester United will be "competitive" in the summer window, says manager Sir Alex Ferguson"

Im a mixture of scared and confident. I don't like it.

arkon

*goes on BBC*

"Manchester United will be "competitive" in the summer window, says manager Sir Alex Ferguson"

You/ve bought
Fernan
dinho apparently. Already an improvement from last season

Fady K

*goes on BBC*

Don't take it as something new dc, Sir Fregsuon will always want to be competitive. Even if he won the quadrupula he'll go for the tentunpula. Signs of a leader who will always be hungry.

Hopefully many other teams will get more competitive too!

Feorax

*goes on BBC*

"Competitive" means you'll be signing strikers and wingers (or attacking mids that will be played as wingers).

"Pragmatic" or "sensible" would have meant a central midfielder or two.

K1LLER7

*goes on BBC*

Be scared DC. Not by any signings we make, but by the players returning from their loan. Them and Adnan Januzaj.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
5 - Only two players have scored five goals in the CL against Real Madrid: Alessandro Del Piero & Lewandowski. Bullies.

Clegg

I reckon we'll try to sell Bebe in the summer or at least loan him out again. Macheda will probable be sold too. They're the only fringe players I can think of who will probably get the chop.

Scholes is probably retiring and one of Ando/Nani will be sold. Maybe even both will go. There could be three of four places opening up in the senior squad. I imagine we'll have a few youth players making the step up but there will still be free spaces for new signings too.

Fady K

It's very real, I'm afraid.

Fucking Gala, they still don't want to buy him. TWO YEARS on loan FFS.

No way man...would not believe that kind of story (of him heading for Juve) till I see it on Juve's website or hear it from the Conte of Monte Cristo himself.

Timurid

It looks like PSG are going to grab Zaza, an Italian striker from Samp, who is on loan at Ascoil and apparently he has been lighting up serie B with 18 goals.

Also PSG are going for Joao Moutinho, James Rodriguez, and Matic.

The_Joker

so according to rummenigge, götze tried to get a realease clause in his new bayern contract... (he didn't get it)

seems like he already knows that he will regret this decision... :D

nobody tries to get a relase clause when he signs a contract with a new club, when he is 100% sure that it's the right move... you only asak for it when you extend your contract but want to be flexible if there is a chance for an upgrade...

so according to rummenigge, götze tried to get a realease clause in his new bayern contract... (he didn't get it)

seems like he already knows that he will regret this decision... :D

nobody tries to get a relase clause when he signs a contract with a new club, when he is 100% sure that it's the right move... you only asak for it when you extend your contract but want to be flexible if there is a chance for an upgrade...

Makes sense, he's only going to Bayern because of Guardiola.

We all know Guardiola won't last more than 3 or 4 years at best.

Keio

For a Finer World
Sid Lowe is on fire about Mou & Madrid in his latest column.
His fraught relationship with Sergio Ramos and Iker Casillas, the latter the club's captain, saw them rejected by some supporters and championed by others, deepening divisions. Each side chose its symbols, apparently irreconcilable ones, even though they're supposed to be on the same side. Mourinho invented the term "pseudo-Madridistas" to dismiss those that claim to have the best interests of the club at heart but who do not: in practice, a pseudo-Madridista is simply someone who does not agree with him. Even if he has played for the club or supported it from birth. Vicente Del Bosque, for instance.

On Tuesday night, Mourinho's opponents saw his priorities come to the surface. He talked about his achievement in Madrid reaching three semi-finals in three years, when they had previously lost their status as a seed and failed to progress to the quarters five years in a row. But, Mourinho admitted, "almost is not enough for me or for Madrid". This is the most expensive squad in history and some expect more. Asked about his future he initially responded "it is not important, Madrid is important" but soon he was drawn on it. The agenda became about him.

EL País, one of the papers most critical of the coach, wrote: "Whether Mourinho understands it or not, the fans are disappointed because semi-finals are not enough. That's why it is a special club. No one is more special than Madrid. A tenth will always be more important than a third."

AS's cover was stark, the juxtaposition deliberate, confrontation in the design. It showed Casillas and Ramos embracing, tears in the defender's eyes. Symbols of Madridismo at odds with Mourinho, hurt by the club's elimination. Underneath was a small picture of the coach and the headline: "Mourinho and his navel."

"Mou, why?" asked the paper's most volatile columnist, Tomás Roncero, always projected as the voice of the Madrid fan, even as he is rejected by others. "I saw Ramos crying, hugging Casillas and that's when I understood that Madrid is eternal."
More here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/01/jose-mourinho-real-madrid

edit: this one I didn't know before, OMG
Just like the fact that he talks of a third European Cup and not a 10th.

Kozak

Banned
Fucking Gala, they still don't want to buy him. TWO YEARS on loan FFS.

He'll be 30 soon and worth only 4m max ^_^

Gala got you guys good.

I think they'll buy him. They free up foreign spots with the retiring Ujfalusi and the probable sale of Elmander.

I've also heard rumours that Muslera could be sold as a goalkeeper is kind of a waste of foreign spot even if he is really good.

Blablurn

last monday i was sitting in one politics class. used my tablet to browse neogaf and suddenly one classmate of mine who sat next to me mentioned that gaf is a pretty awesome website. he knows it since before the logo change but never registered an account. he was like "wtf" when i told him that i already had over 28k posts over here lol. still surreal to meet other people who know this page.

Zabojnik

The link to Juve is not for real though is it?

Conte knows better!

I think it might be. When Mino stars talking bullshit and goes on and on about it ... something usually happens. And we're desperate enough for a big name to fall for it. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, mind. But I just don't see us giving PSG 15M€+ and Ibra a 7M+ salary. Marry's gonna Marry, we'll get Aquafresca.

Only if you include Melo in the deal

Where do we sign?

It looks like PSG are going to grab Zaza, an Italian striker from Samp, who is on loan at Ascoil and apparently he has been lighting up serie B with 18 goals.

Also PSG are going for Joao Moutinho, James Rodriguez, and Matic.

Zaza? Heard good things about him. So that means Carletto is staying?

arkon

last monday i was sitting in one politics class. used my tablet to browse neogaf and suddenly one classmate of mine who sat next to me mentioned that gaf is a pretty awesome website. he knows it since before the logo change but never registered an account. he was like "wtf" when i told him that i already had over 28k posts over here lol. still surreal to meet other people who know this page.

Should have told him to join. More fresh blood.

Meier

Well he's the deputy prime minister of a nation which treats specific people in a rather despicable way. He has some responsibility for it IMO.

About as much as Tyrion did for Joffrey's decision about Ned Stark. The fact there is no separation between church and state there in the UAE and that Islam forbids it isn't on Mansour. These people are just politicking. Bloomberg wants this to happen and he has the power in NYC. Would be highly unlikely that it doesn't go through.

Edit: Whoa, catching up from last night.. Starfleets/Meus got banned? Oh noes!

kharma45

I reckon we'll try to sell Bebe in the summer or at least loan him out again. Macheda will probable be sold too. They're the only fringe players I can think of who will probably get the chop.

Scholes is probably retiring and one of Ando/Nani will be sold. Maybe even both will go. There could be three of four places opening up in the senior squad. I imagine we'll have a few youth players making the step up but there will still be free spaces for new signings too.

Yeah we'll lose all of those guys I would presume and bring in two or three players whilst blooding in players like Powell and hopefully see Adnan become a squad player.

About as much as Tyrion did for Joffrey's decision about Ned Stark. The fact there is no separation between church and state there in the UAE and that Islam forbids it isn't on Mansour. These people are just politicking. Bloomberg wants this to happen and he has the power in NYC. Would be highly unlikely that it doesn't go through.

Edit: Whoa, catching up from last night.. Starfleets/Meus got banned? Oh noes!
Well I'm sure it will go through.

I was speaking more with regards to him having a sketchy human rights record - and that it is entirely fair to say that. Homosexuality aside, there are some very dodgy things going on in the UAE, especially in the Petroleum business for which Mansour has a seat on the head council.

So when the NYC councillors refer to Mansour as part of a regime which "discriminates and participates in human rights abuses", I'm sure they are polticking - but they aren't wrong. And It's not just Islamic what happens out there. In fact many of the biggest abuses are anti-Islamic.

Hixx

So a player in the lower leagues has retired (at 31) due to the mental scarring he has suffered from some absolute cretin essentially assaulting him in a friendly.

In this friendly the player also dislocated another's collarbone and caused another facial injury to another player. So in one "friendly", Gary Ricketts hospitalized three players. And got a 2 week ban and 2 weeks wages fine. There is a pic of the wound John Thompson suffered but it's pretty grim (his nose was basically torn straight down the middle, required 60 stitches) so I won't post it.

Timurid

Zaza? Heard good things about him. So that means Carletto is staying?
Nope, He is still going to Madrid unfortunately...

I believe Zaza was one of Leonardo's targets. I hope Leo stays in Paris; almost all of his targets have been successes except for Van Der Wiel.

According to RMC Sport, if Wenger stays at Arsenal this summer then Rafa will be plan B.

Feorax

So a player in the lower leagues has retired (at 31) due to the mental scarring he has suffered from some absolute cretin essentially assaulting him in a friendly.

In this friendly the player also dislocated another's collarbone and caused another facial injury to another player. So in one "friendly", Gary Ricketts hospitalized three players. And got a 2 week ban and 2 weeks wages fine. There is a pic of the wound John Thompson suffered but it's pretty grim (his nose was basically torn straight down the middle, required 60 stitches) so I won't post it.

Can't be as bad as that damn snake-bite picture from last night...

And the above is yet another example of how ridiculously out of proportion everything became last week. That's the kind of stuff that should cause real outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom