• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2013%2f5%2fLukaku-vs-Benteke.jpg

2013%2f4%2fIker-vs-Diego.jpg

2013%2f5%2fLowton(A).jpg

2013%2f4%2fContribution%25.jpg

Arnie

Benteke's the man.

Someone needs to swoop and swoop hard, sorry Villa GAF. Hopefully Levy ignores him for Damiao.

bjaelke

Newcastle United are closely monitoring Jay Spearing's potential availability at Liverpool and considering bidding for the midfielder as long as the slump that has taken Alan Pardew's team to one place above the relegation zone does not get any worse and sends them into the Championship.
I'm torn. On one hand I want us to offload Spearing, on the other hand...

Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly joined the race to sign Simone Zaza, beating Juventus, Milan and Napoli’s bids.

The 21-year-old striker is owned by Sampdoria, but currently starring in Serie B with Ascoli where he scored 18 goals in 33 games.

Zaza has already attracted interest from the likes of Milan, Napoli and Juve, while Sampdoria are renegotiating the contract that expires in 2014.

According to Sport Mediaset, PSG have dived in with an offer of €7m – considerably more than the €5m so far proposed by the Italian clubs.
http://www.football-italia.net/33688/psg-outbid-italians-zaza

not bad if true.

Bo-Locks

I can remember playing against a posh school for my school team, and they were the first team we played that used the offside trap in an intelligent way. One of them would shout something really random and then move the back line up and catch us offside. Out of nowhere we would just hear "TEACUPS!", "MUSHROOMS!", "CRUMPETS!" etc. We eventually came up with our own system, despite getting thrashed. And that was my only game for the football team. I was much more competitive in other sports, mainly swimming and rugby.

Feorax

If we can get say £4 million for Spearing, £10 million for Carroll, £6 million for Coates, £12 million for Skrtel, and say £5 million for Assaidi, that's £37 million right there.

Even if FSG only (lol) give us £20 million of the club profits to spend on top, you would have thought £57 million of investment into our squad, done right, could make us much more competitive next season.

Linius

If we can get say £4 million for Spearing, £10 million for Carroll, £6 million for Coates, £12 million for Skrtel, and say £5 million for Assaidi, that's £37 million right there.

Even if FSG only (lol) give us £20 million of the club profits to spend on top, you would have thought £57 million of investment into our squad, done right, could make us much more competitive next season.

Is Assaidi already for sale? Let me call the Ajax board, we'll take him for five :p

Meier

Assaidi hasn't done anything to double his value. :lol Benteke is probably a £25m player now. Low 20s at a minimum.

Feorax

Is Assaidi already for sale? Let me call the Ajax board, we'll take him for five :p

As good as, barring some ridiculous turnaround in the last 3 games.

He's always seemed a decent player, but he doesn't seem to offer much more than Sterling right now, and Sterling is 6 years younger. BR obviously doesn't fancy him, and I suspect he was probably in the process of signing for us before BR joined.

Assaidi hasn't done anything to double his value. :lol

I think he was always worth more than we paid for him, but even if we break even that's not a bad deal.

Linius

As good as, barring some ridiculous turnaround in the last 3 games.

He's always seemed a decent player, but he doesn't seem to offer much more than Sterling right now, and Sterling is 6 years younger. BR obviously doesn't fancy him, and I suspect he was probably in the process of signing for us before BR joined.

Too bad. I hope he can sign a club where he'll play. Such a shame he can't play now, he's got potential.

feel

I don't get the Mou to Chelsea rumours, wasn't he kicked out by Abramovich who is still the club owner?

bjaelke

Ooredoo will help us secure Falcao and he'll be able to link up with HenGod.

1p5XwDB.gif

I don't know if £57m, some of which would have to be spent replacing the above would get you to 4th place.

It might, if the younger players stepped up...but I'd expect the immediate rivals will be spending a fair bit too.

qindarka

Banned
Had an incredible game on FM. Was managing England in World Cup 2018 quarters against Brazil. Finished 2-2 with Brazil scoring a last gasp equaliser in ET. Penalty shootout ended 13-12 with captain Wilshere first having a penalty saved that would have ended it 5-3. Hart then saved 3 pens that would have won it for Brazil before a final save finally clinched it.

arkon

Had an incredible game on FM. Was managing England in World Cup 2018 quarters against Brazil. Finished 2-2 with Brazil scoring a last gasp equaliser in ET. Penalty shootout ended 13-12 with captain Wilshere first having a penalty saved that would have ended it 5-3. Hart then saved 3 pens that would have won it for Brazil before a final save finally clinched it.

2014 will be our year! I can feel it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom