• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

1367416108625.jpg

A marked improvement on "We come not to play" I would say.

Wait, what? Is that an away kit or a GK kit in the middle?

That is 100% completely different from the hideous mock-ups we've seen.

Edit: it is the GK kit. The away mock-up is still alive. :lol

Feorax

Wait, what? Is that an away kit or a GK kit in the middle?

That is 100% completely different from the hideous mock-ups we've seen.

Edit: it is the GK kit. The away mock-up is still alive. :lol

You have to wonder, why not keep the home and the away kit simple, and then just go batshit mental (as Warrior does) on the 3rd kit?

FWIW, the mockup 3rd kit is growing on me.

fuenf

Spiegel is having a guess at the German national team for the USA tour in late May / early June. The team will be without the Bayern, Dortmund, Madrid and U21 players (&Klose):
0fl6xDp.jpg

The first team still looks relatively strong:

Adler - Höwedes - Mertesacker - Wollscheid - Jansen (Aogo) - Lars Bender - Neustädter- Castro - Draxler (maybe)- Schürrle - Podoslki (Kießling / Helmes)

Bench: Ter Stegen, Zieler, Aogo, Kießling, Helmes, Sam, Meier, Oczipka, Westermann

Suen

Real Madrid Plan Surprise Summer Transfer Raid On Arsenal

Real Madrid could move for Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna this summer with the club unsatisfied with the options they have at right full back.

The France international has long been linked with a move to his home country, with Paris Saint-Germain the strongest linked team in recent weeks, and the Gunners star has confirmed on his personal website that the capital side were his boyhood team.

However, PSG boss Carlo Ancelotti appears set to move to Real Madrid, and the club have signed Gregory Van Der Wiel from Ajax to fill the right back position.

The wily Italian manager, whose favoured formation deploys his left eyebrow in a free role, has been linked with a move to Los Blancos for months this season, with question marks over Jose Mourinho’s future, and Sagna could be his first signing upon taking the reigns in the Spanish capital.

Real Madrid’s current right back options are Alvaro Arbeloa and on-loan Chelsea utility man Michael Essien, and Bacary Sagna is certainly an upgrade on those.

With his Arsenal contract expiring in the summer, a Real Madrid deal would not cost the earth.
Wtf no, fuck off. We don't need that shit player, we can use Ramos who's lightyears ahead of Sagna. I'd even pick Arbeloa and Albiol before him. This is what we can expect from Ancelotti when he comes to Madrid, to bring us shit players we don't need, as if we already don't have enough shitty ones in the team. Fuck off Ancelotti, fuck off Sagna. Hope this crap is not reliable and just bullshit.

Carbonox

Sagna's an upgrade on Essien? The Essien I saw last night was not human. Sagna's dog shit - even Danny Simpson's better than him.

fuenf

Wtf no, fuck off. We don't need that shit player, we can use Ramos who's lightyears ahead of Sagna. I'd even pick Arbeloa and Albiol before him. This is what we can expect from Ancelotti when he comes to Madrid, to bring us shit players we don't need, as if we already don't have enough shitty ones in the team. Fuck off Ancelotti, fuck off Sagna. Hope this crap is not reliable and just bullshit.

Get Heynckes instead.

Liverpool are after Ilori and they offered 1.5 Million €? They are out of their minds. There is no way we will sell Ilori just yet and much less for such a low price.

Arnie

1367416108625.jpg

A marked improvement on "We come not to play" I would say.

Looks good.

Initial spasms that the white kit is a pleasantly surprising away one seem to have been misleading, apparently it's a keeper kit. Shit.

Liverpool are after Ilori and they offered 1.5 Million €? They are out of their minds. There is no way we will sell Ilori just yet and much less for such a low price.

Seems really low considering his potential.

Watched a compilation of his performance versus Porto and he seems really composed on the ball, with a decent range of passing. Unsure as to whether he can actually defend, though.

Feorax

Do you recall if he was part of that next-gen squad that tore us a new one a year or two ago? I was so impressed with Sporting during that tournament, and it looks like Teixiera, who we went for based on his performances in those games, is really doing the business for the U-21's at the moment.

never been so torn about betting.

a part of me says Munich gonna play Dortmund style and lose to Barca 2-0 or 3-1.

the other part tells me the germans are going to go in harder than Suarez on a forearm.

Meier

Still do captains and numbers, last man back, next goal wins, play on, and spend the whole game shouting "back if you need" (i.e. you're going nowhere, turn around and give it to me), "time, time" (i.e. stop pissing the ball away).

The one I hear a LOT in the US is "I got drop!" or just "Drop!" when someone is behind a teammate and available for a pass -- seems to be the equivalent of your "back if you need." "Time, time" is definitely common.

Happy birthday Meier

Fuck me that's ridiculously accurate.

Still do captains and numbers, last man back, next goal wins, play on, and spend the whole game shouting "back if you need" (i.e. you're going nowhere, turn around and give it to me), "time, time" (i.e. stop pissing the ball away).
:lol

Instead of "back if you need" one of my friends says "if you require" hahaha.

We still do numbers and there is still that one idiot who forgets his number.

You'll give him to us for free and with a year's wages, and you'll bloody like it.

Is there anything more annoying than when your professional football team fails to say 'man on' leading to your player getting disposessed?

Do you recall if he was part of that next-gen squad that tore us a new one a year or two ago? I was so impressed with Sporting during that tournament, and it looks like Teixiera, who we went for based on his performances in those games, is really doing the business for the U-21's at the moment.

Yes. he was part of the squad that beat you twice last year on the Next Gen. Good to know that Teixeira is doing well after his injury.

Have yiu guys ever played 5-a-side with people who think they're good enough to use the cage walls to bounce the ball off of and pass? They're a pain in the arse.

Does anyone use alalog sticks to navigate menus?

Carbonox

Best part of headers and volleys was bummies. Oh and the wall of death for those more fond of extreme headers and volleys.

Sagna isnt bad, but at what price, anything above 12m is too much for him.

I think someone like Mario Fernandez can do well at Real.

Have yiu guys ever played 5-a-side with people who think they're good enough to use the cage walls to bounce the ball off of and pass? They're a pain in the arse.

Does anyone use alalog sticks to navigate menus?
Whenever I've played 5 a side bouncing it off the sides/back boards is almost considered a taboo. It's cheap, like the pass across goal when you're playing FIFA.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sagna isnt bad, but at what price, anything above 12m is too much for him.

I think someone like Mario Fernandez can do well at Real.

12m? Isn't Sagna 30? Nobody would pay that money for him.

I reckon Arsenal would accept £6-7m. He's in the same situation that BAE is in. Contract winding down, getting close to 30, not had a great season.

Linius

Happy Birthday Meier!

Also; Far Cry: Blood Dragon is awesome stuff guys. Need to rescue some professor, "rescue a nerd" is the mission name :p

Arnie

We just won our knockout cup 6-a-side to reach the quarters. Ended 1-1 but I dispatched a penalty in the shootout. Look like a maniac with my face at the moment though, when we kicked off I just ran at the opposition for fear factor.

'WIN THAT'

'HIT ONE'

and

'GIVE AND GO' are my favourites.

Fuck 'TWOs' , such a southern way of saying 1-2.

Happy birthday AVBeier.

arkon

Still chuckling away at that. Particular the random person wanting to join in lol. Sometimes they didn't even ask and just strolled in as they pleased.

All those silly arguments about whether it went in off the post or over the crossbar... takes me back :D

I have too many! Feel free to use any of them:

ZZvlv9b.png
cQU7dWR.png
QQDRTSM.png
5CI8pwu.png
5yQHWzV.png
6HUrSkw.png

Your avatar is pretty cool anyway.
3AQmK.gif

Thanks! Yeah, I do like my current avatar but felt like I needed at least one Del Piero one in the rotation.

12m? Isn't Sagna 30? Nobody would pay that money for him.

I reckon Arsenal would accept £6-7m. He's in the same situation that BAE is in. Contract winding down, getting close to 30, not had a great season.

True but you have to add a 5m premium for the spaniards
iKtK7XiVSxEiC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom