• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

We need Chelsea to beat Spurs so it stays in our hands. We will need 4pts from the next 2 games then to secure 4th spot.

this

no arsenal fan should be cheering for spurs when they face chelsea

spurs win vs chelsea, say goodbye to 4th spot arsenal

the way things are going, bale just might win it again for spurs

jtb

Banned
Rafa's time at Chelsea hasn't been that bad. The spine of the squad finished 6th under AVB/RDM so I don't think it's reasonable to expect too much improvement. If Chelsea finish 3rd and win the Europa League, that'd be a decent season.

Scum

Anything to be linked with Bale in the summer, eh Fergie? :-/
I look forward to more Thursday nights next season.

Really? His rant was right, if Webb had been officiating properly he wouldn't have needed to complain.
I don't think it's ever right to pop off at the ref like that tbh. Especially over such a minor incident as a throw in given the wrong way.

I mean it wasn't horrible or anything, but compared to his cheeky smile which there's nothing wrong with IMO - he looked pretty damn stupid throwing that strop.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks FF! <3 You're champions soon too.

Thanks Blayern. You're champions already.
3AQmK.gif

Clegg

Ando was OK but without Carrick our midfield is all over the place. We really need more quality there.

And Zaha can't get here quick enough. I can't watch Valencia fuck up again and again any longer.

Arnie

It's arrogant to expect a manager to come in and mount a title challenge with a squad that finished 6th the year before. It's absolutely correct to assume that the squad isn't on a par with what the Manchester clubs possess. And so when a manager gets the team to 3rd place in the league, whilst doing everything he can in Europe (and reaching a final), WHILST he's being abused for a remark made as an opposing manager, then you can say he's done extremely well.

And don't use an argument about the style of play as opposed to RDM. He made you solid, and tough to beat, and you just went to Old Trafford and won.

I can't wait for Mourinho to return. It'll be a splash of reality for some of you.

Players get caught by late challenges all game long, and most importantly Rafael barely touched him, certianly not enough for Luiz to go down like that. It was a yellow card.

He first hit out at him and then kicked out and hit him, you bellend. Was a red any day.

It's arrogant to expect a manager to come in and mount a title challenge with a squad that finished 6th the year before. It's absolutely correct to assume that the squad isn't on a par with what the Manchester clubs possess. And so when a manager gets the team to 3rd place in the league, whilst doing everything he can in Europe (and reaching a final), WHILST he's been abused for a remark made as an opposing manager, then you can say he's done extremely well.

And don't use an argument about the style of play as opposed to RDM. He made you solid, and tough to beat, and you just went to Old Trafford and won.

I can't wait for Mourinho to return. It'll be a splash of reality for some of you.
Extremely well is pushing it IMO.

About par, maybe a bit better.

dc89

It's arrogant to expect a manager to come in and mount a title challenge with a squad that finished 6th the year before. It's absolutely correct to assume that the squad isn't on a par with what the Manchester clubs possess. And so when a manager gets the team to 3rd place in the league, whilst doing everything he can in Europe (and reaching a final), WHILST he's been abused for a remark made as an opposing manager, then you can say he's done extremely well.

Yup. He'll up sticks and leave again after a row with Roman or when he's bored.

Rafa is a good manager, no doubt about it. No easy task doing what he's doing. If he finishes third, wins the Europa he's had a great season. FACT.

Suen

Madrid gaf can fuck off except for pulga
I'm looking forward when Milan will take a huge shit on you in the upcoming seasons while Madrid will put holes in your net with Ronaldo and Cavani himself in CL. Your team is shit.

Congrats Juve! Buffon and Pirlo <3

doicare

He first hit out at him and then kicked out and hit him, you bellend. Was a red any day.
He didn't kick him fully it was only the top oh his leg that caught him but none of that even matters when Luiz elbowed him 3 seconds before and should have been sent off but predictably wasn't.

Arnie

Extremely well is pushing it IMO.

About par, maybe a bit better.
Nonsense.

AVB showed everyone just how easy it is to crumble at Chelsea if minor things don't go your way. Everything was stacked against Rafa from the very first minute, to the point where all of us asked why he'd taken the job.

And yet despite that he's excelled. What more could you've asked from him?

GorillaJu

"Not something to be proud of"

You beat the champions at their home ground and got an overrated child sent off for kicking out in frustration. The team deserve all the congratulations in the world for that performance, even though it wasn't beautiful, the goal that won it was laudable and the defensive areas were good.

The Rafa (the fat one, not the mop-haired slob whose season just ended) rage continues to entertain. I really don't think even Mourinho would have turned around Chelsea's season. It was wrong to sack Di Matteo, but Benitez hasn't done anything near worthy of the ire he's received, and Chelsea fans are STILL complaining. Your craving for drama is insatiable.

Nonsense.

AVB showed everyone just how easy it is to crumble at Chelsea if minor things don't go your way. Everything was stacked against Rafa from the very first minute, to the point when all of us asked why he'd taken the job.

And yet despite that he's excelled. What more could you've asked from him?
AVB had a lot of his squad against him.

I suppose you can say Rafa did well for that not to happen.

But his squad is much better than Arsenal and Tottenhams so he should have clinched CL football more easily IMO.

He did well in the Europa, but again his squad is the best there. Alright in the FA Cup. CC was poor. Won't count that nonsense in Japan.

Extremely well would be for him to achieve above and beyond. Not sure he's done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom