• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Sucks. Woke up at 5am and most the games are finished. Sevilla already won it by half time too.

Guess I'll watch PSG's first half then switch to Anti-Juve vs Inter.

Lord Snow

Banned
FAO Chelsea supporters:

Rafa's PL win% with Chelsea is 57%, whereas Di Matteo's was 52%. Both for 23 PL games.

(via Paul Tomkins)

But of course, he hasn't improved the side. Or done well. The fat twat.

K1LLER7

Gotta get that backlog sorted while the generation winds down. Nice little gaps between GoW-LoU-GTA-B:TS

I might delete you from my list after that message you sent. Disgrace.

Back to work tonight, to cap off an unremarkably disappointing Sunday
"YNWA"

"5 Hand" CL

Don't delete me :lol

Good game Sleepless

Blablurn

BJhRVglCQAAdW_N.jpg

shamelessly stolen from twitter

Zabojnik

ALE LA JUVE LA JUVE LA JUVE ALEEEEEEEEE E' BIANCONERA LA VECCHIA SIGNORAAAAAAAAA!!! 31. FUCK YEAH.

Thanks for all the congrats, Footy-GAFers! WE LOVE YOU <3

All these pictures are killing me. Bendter, looool. Where's Anelka? :D

There's United scouts at this Brøndby - København match, not sure what the fuck they are here for, they sure haven't been impressed so far. :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ALE LA JUVE LA JUVE LA JUVE ALEEEEEEEEE E' BIANCONERA LA VECCHIA SIGNORAAAAAAAAA!!! 31. FUCK YEAH.

Thanks for all the congrats, Footy-GAFers! WE LOVE YOU <3

All these pictures are killing me. Bendter, looool. Where's Anelka? :D

If there was ever a time for joining twitter, it's today. Countless and countless of pictures!

Tc91

Anyone watching the league 2 playoffs?

Clarke Carlisle commanding everyone and the size of Akinfenwa isn't even funny, he's like a rugby player.

Scum

It's not even necessarily to do with Kagawa starting all the time (plus we've only signed one player from Borussia Dortmund, and if we signed another striker it wouldn't necessarily change things in that aspect anyway; RVP and Lewa are pretty similar). If he can see it, then I don't understand why he comes out with bollocks about not necessarily strengthening midfield, why Evra and Valencia get free passes to do fuck all every single week.

He needs to sign a good strong midfielder to play alongside Carrick. Maybe Zaha will be the winger that provides something different, but it seems risky going into the season with two extremely limited wingers in Young and Valencia, one incredibly unreliable one in Nani, and an untested one in Zaha. If he can see it, then I don't understand why our game has no element of surprise to it, why I can't see even the first signs of team pressing and even a fucking two man midfield as opposed to the non-existent one that's turned up at times this season.

It's absolutely disgustingly ungrateful for me to question Fergie but when we play like we did today, I just wonder why we're putting on performances like that outside of the excuse that we're mentally switched off.

BJhRVglCQAAdW_N.jpg

shamelessly stolen from twitter

5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

Clegg

Fergie is right when he says we don't need a massive overhaul. One or two good players will see us in good condition for a run at the league and the CL.

Wilbur

Banned
Fergie is right when he says we don't need a massive overhaul. One or two good players will see us in good condition for a run at the league and the CL.

I want to see us start the season like this:

DDG; Rafael, Jones, Vidic, Fabio; Carrick, Strootman; Zaha, Kagawa, fuckinggivemefuckingBale; RVP

Need some unpredictability to our play, some fast incisive and tricky wingers who aren't afraid to have a shot, to utilise RVP and Kagawa the best we can, and for someone to take defensive load off Carrick but still be unafraid to be aggressive high up the pitch. Strootman we could get for what, 15m? If we managed to flog Nani and then made a 50m bid for Bale, I'd be delighted.

WJD

I want to see us start the season like this:

DDG; Rafael, Jones, Vidic, Fabio; Carrick, Strootman; Zaha, Kagawa, fuckinggivemefuckingBale; RVP

Need some unpredictability to our play, some fast incisive and tricky wingers who aren't afraid to have a shot, to utilise RVP and Kagawa the best we can, and for someone to take defensive load off Carrick but still be unafraid to be aggressive high up the pitch. Strootman we could get for what, 15m? If we managed to flog Nani and then made a 50m bid for Bale, I'd be delighted.

Not as mouthwateringly unrealistic as the one above (minus Bale) but I'd still be absolutely chuffed with a team like that come August. No need for an overhaul, just a couple of key areas filled with first team quality and we're set.

feel

DO WANT

Wait, leave Moutinho alone! (Ok, if he has to leave, it might as well be to a Ronaldo United)

You've been pretty bad this season, can't expect the opposition to hand you the league like this next season, you need to improve a lot.

Yeah because there was nothing shady about how Madrid signed Di Stefano, the man that won them 5 CLs in the black and white days. Don't see you complaining.

But we'll let that pass. :p
That was ages ago, I've been a Barcelona fan a couple of stretches of time since then! lol

Clegg

Bale isn't happening Wilbur.

Sign a decent CM to partner Carrick and I'll be happy enough. Maybe another winger too. That's about it for signings.

There's no need to sign a mega star forward when we already have some very good ones. Our priorities should lie in other other areas.

Of course, Fergie probably has other ideas.

Scum

As much as I'd love to believe... it isn't happening. Evra will still be first choice next year. We'll just be moving Rooney into centre midfield. Nani, Young, Valencia will still all be here. Kagawa will be riding the bench. Hernandez will be gone.

Evra needs competition. He's been average for far too long now. A creative MC and a tricky winger will do too.
Rooney for £22m - £25m, Nani for £11m - £15m and Valencia to newly promoted club for £6m.

Wilbur

Banned

Sign a decent CM to partner Carrick and I'll be happy enough. Maybe another winger too. That's about it for signings.

There's no need to sign a mega star forward when we already have some very good ones. Our priorities should lie in other other areas.

We don't need a striker. We need a winger and a centre midfielder, unless Nani bucks up his ideas massively. I genuinely would give Zaha a starting berth next year, have Powell on the bench all the time and start including Adnan on that as well. Need players with the desire and the energy to want to improve as opposed to just wasting a spot on the bench with dross like Valencia and Young.

Wilbur

Banned
Evra needs competition. He's be average for far too long now. A creative MC and a tricky winger will do too.
Rooney for £22m - £25m, Nani for £11m - £15m and Valencia to newly promoted club for £6m.

Valencia or Nani should stay for squad depth, but if we could sell Rooney for 25m and get rid of one of the other two for close to 15m that would be amazing. Promote Henriquez to fill the Rooney gap. It's ludicrous having someone on 200k a week that isn't the best player in any of the positions he plays.

L1NETT

I agree with Wilbz.

Watching in the pub, and people were groaning when Valencia got in the final third. His final ball is laughably bad.

Need two new wingers pronto, not for the Prem League but to make a decent stab at the CL.

FootballFan

Chicha + one of Nani/Young/Valenica sold.

Modric/Moutinho + Zaha in. PL title confirmed. Unless Mou spends 500m at Chelsea

Clegg

We don't need a striker. We need a winger and a centre midfielder, unless Nani bucks up his ideas massively. I genuinely would give Zaha a starting berth next year, have Powell on the bench all the time and start including Adnan on that as well. Need players with the desire and the energy to want to improve as opposed to just wasting a spot on the bench with dross like Valencia and Young.

Adnan is only 18 and has just moved up to the U21's this season. Maybe he'll get a few minutes for the senior team in our last 2 games but he'll probably stay at U21 level next season. There's no need to rush him.

We might see Powell loaned out next season too. Maybe to a decent Championship side or even a PL team who can guarantee regular gametime. A quality midfielder is imperative if we want to push on. Powell is only 19 so he can't yet give us the quality we're looking for.

K1LLER7

Well obviously that too lol.

Killer7, you win/lose vs Sleepless?
Was winning 2-1 with Chelsea connection went. Vs United.

Won 4-1 with Spurs, should've won by more but De Goat heroics lol. Vs United.

Won 2-1 Bayern vs United.

Lost 3-1 Fuck Bayern vs Dortmund. :)

kharma45

Adnan is only 18 and has just moved up to the U21's this season. Maybe he'll get a few minutes for the senior team in our last 2 games but he'll probably stay at U21 level next season. There's no need to rush him.

We might see Powell loaned out next season too. Maybe to a decent Championship side or even a PL team who can guarantee regular gametime. A quality midfielder is imperative if we want to push on. Powell is only 19 so he can't yet give us the quality we're looking for.

I'd rather Powell play than be loaned out. He may only be 19 but he's got the quality. Age shouldn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom