• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Valencia or Nani should stay for squad depth, but if we could sell Rooney for 25m and get rid of one of the other two for close to 15m that would be amazing. Promote Henriquez to fill the Rooney gap. It's ludicrous having someone on 200k a week that isn't the best player in any of the positions he plays.

Rooney's bloody good, but he lost his mojo when his partner in crime, CR7, left. I still think Man Utd should accept an offer for Rooney if it's good but Fergie will probably end up selling Chica instead.

FootballFan

Was winning 2-1 with Chelsea connection went. Vs United.

Won 4-1 with Spurs, should've won by more but De Goat heroics lol. Vs United.

Won 2-1 Bayern vs United.

Lost 3-1 Fuck Bayern vs Dortmund. :)

So he won last? He wins.

When I played Wilbury, my De Gea did a massive foot save.

Zabojnik

Ahahaha, Rocchi is injured. Inter have no strikers left. Guarin and Alvarez starting up front. Brilliant.

intercoffin.png

Clegg

I'd rather Powell play than be loaned out. He may only be 19 but he's got the quality. Age shouldn't matter.

Powell's played 5 or 6 times for the senior team and he's looked decent in every performance. But he hasn't shown himself to be anything special just yet.

If we can get a PL team willing to give him a chance then we should loan him out and have him get used to the PL in a smaller team.

Fergie

Banned
The Red Devils, who have already wrapped up the Premier League title, slipped to a 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford on Sunday.

A deflected effort from Juan Mata three minutes from time settled the contest, before Rafael saw red late on for kicking out at David Luiz.

Ferguson admitted afterwards that his side were far from their best, but feels referee Howard Webb did them few favours.

"I can't make any excuses in terms of the performance. Certainly refereeing decisions went against us."

He told Sky Sports: "The team took their foot off the pedal. There was no edge to the game all day. I think Chelsea deserved to win.

"Unfortunately it was controversial, it always is when we play Chelsea, but we can't complain because we didn't play well enough.

"It was a bit of a lucky goal, it has deflected off Phil Jones. I can't make any excuses in terms of the performance. Certainly refereeing decisions went against us. They surrounded the referee all day, four or five players all the time."

On Rafael's dismissal, Ferguson added: "He was elbowed and he retaliated. That always happens, the player that retaliates always gets the bigger penalty.

"It was quite clear that Luiz has elbowed him twice. It was rash what he has done, he's a young lad and he should know better.

"I wouldn't say it was violent conduct. I don't think the referee has seen it at all, he's gone with the fact that Luiz has rolled about. I think that has convinced him it was a red card."

:lol

Scum

Adnan is only 18 and has just moved up to the U21's this season. Maybe he'll get a few minutes for the senior team in our last 2 games but he'll probably stay at U21 level next season. There's no need to rush him.

We might see Powell loaned out next season too. Maybe to a decent Championship side or even a PL team who can guarantee regular gametime. A quality midfielder is imperative if we want to push on. Powell is only 19 so he can't yet give us the quality we're looking for.

Sorry if I piss Clegg or anyone off for saying this but I hate this "he's too young to start playing" blah, blah. Complete bollocks. If he's good, he's good. Age should not matter at all.

Wilbur

Banned
Adnan is only 18 and has just moved up to the U21's this season. Maybe he'll get a few minutes for the senior team in our last 2 games but he'll probably stay at U21 level next season. There's no need to rush him.

We might see Powell loaned out next season too. Maybe to a decent Championship side or even a PL team who can guarantee regular gametime. A quality midfielder is imperative if we want to push on. Powell is only 19 so he can't yet give us the quality we're looking for.

Pogba has just turned 20. Its a stupid attitude to have that if they're young, they need to be bedded in as slowly as we're doing with Powell. He needs to start featuring more, because he has great talent. If we had kept Pogba, his age would have had nothing to do with us crowing for him to start every week, and he's doing fantastically at Juve.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wow, I unfollowed so many closet haters today.
You kid, but after the game today he said that if we need a "top player" so badly, why are we the highest scoring team in the league...

-____-

/sigh

Well, at least Cunte and Nedved are fighting the good fight.

kharma45

Powell's played 5 or 6 times for the senior team and he's looked decent in every performance. But he hasn't shown himself to be anything special just yet.

If we can get a PL team willing to give him a chance then we should loan him out and have him get used to the PL in a smaller team.

He's shown himself to be no worse than Cleverly has been this year, I'd rather have Powell on over him.

K1LLER7

I'll beat you fifa!
I'll add you later. Having something to eat now. Have you joined the Fifa Club Sleepless set up?

------

Age shouldn't matter. Didn't we play Ronaldo when he was around 19/20? If they're good enough to be called up to the first team, give them the chance. Otherwise they'll just leave for other clubs that tell them they'll be involved with the first team.

Clegg

Pogba has just turned 20. Its a stupid attitude to have that if they're young, they need to be bedded in as slowly as we're doing with Powell. He needs to start featuring more, because he has great talent. If we had kept Pogba, his age would have had nothing to do with us crowing for him to start every week, and he's doing fantastically at Juve.

I'm just basing my opinion off his performances for the senior team. They were decent but nothing more than that. He's not the player we need for the present. Give him a loan deal first and take it from there.

And tbh I don't think Januzaj is quite ready for the senior side either. He's excellent on the ball and is a lovely passer but he's still a bit raw. I don't think either are quite good enough for the first team.

K1LLER7

Precisely. Otherwise we'll end up losing more talented players.
We play Swansea and WBA in the last 2 games I think. Both aren't fighting for anything, Fergie has no excuse to atleast include some younger players. Chicha has to get a game otherwise I think he's off.

We don't have to play them week in week out, but this is the perfect oppertunity to test your younger players against PL opponents. Give them a taste of what the difference is between U21 level and the PL.

kharma45

I'm just basing my opinion off his performances for the senior team. They were decent but nothing more than that. He's not the player we need for the present. Let give him a loan deal first and take it from there.

And tbh I don't think Januzaj is quite ready for the senior side either. He's excellent on the ball and is a lovely passer but he's still a bit raw. I don't think either sre quite good enough for the first team.

And playing for a team like United, even just as a sub, will aid his development much better than ending up at Wigan.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm just basing my opinion off his performances for the senior team. They were decent but nothing more than that. He's not the player we need for the present. Let give him a loan deal first and take it from there.

And tbh I don't think Januzaj is quite ready for the senior side either. He's excellent on the ball and is a lovely passer but he's still a bit raw. I don't think either sre quite good enough for the first team.

Remember how raw Ronaldo was when he started? Remember how raw Sterling was (and still is to be honest, but still impressive)? We need some unpredictability and a new dimension to our play.

Timurid

I'll add you later. Having something to eat now. Have you joined the Fifa Club Sleepless set up?

------

Age shouldn't matter. Didn't we play Ronaldo when he was around 19/20? If they're good enough to be called up to the first team, give them the chance. Otherwise they'll just leave for other clubs that tell them they'll be involved with the first team.

I'll add you and sleepless later today.

kharma45

We play Swansea and WBA in the last 2 games I think. Both aren't fighting for anything, Fergie has no excuse to atleast include some younger players. Chicha has to get a game otherwise I think he's off.

No doubt he'll find one and we'll have the likes of Giggs, Valencia and Young playing :lol

If it were me I'd have this team out

Lindegaard

Rafael Jones Evans Buttner

Powell Carrick Anderson

Kagawa

Welbeck Hernandez

I fucking hate the way John Motson say 'he knows how close that was.'

Of course he does, he's fucking watching it you senile relic. Should have been given a picture of a Spitfire a decade ago.

K1LLER7

No doubt he'll find one and we'll have the likes of Giggs, Valencia and Young playing :lol

If it were me I'd have this team out

Lindegaard

Rafael Jones Evans Buttner

Powell Carrick Anderson

Kagawa

Welbeck Hernandez
Replace Rafael with Smalling and I'll agree :p

Januzaj on the bench with the likes of Lindgaard and vermijl

FootballFan

Betis (4-2-3-1): Adrian; Chica, Mario, Amaya, Alex Martinez; Ruben Perez, Salva Sevilla; Pabon, Nose, Ruben Castro; Jorge Molina.

Barcelona (4-3-3): Pinto; Alves, Pique, Adriano, Alba; Xavi, Iniesta, Song, Villa, Alexis, Tello.

Messi on the bench again.

kharma45

Replace Rafael with Smalling and I'll agree :p

Januzaj on the bench with the likes of Lindgaard and vermijl

I just preferred Rafael for a bit of continuity in defence, same reason for Evans too. Would rather not weaken it too much.

A bench of those guys plus senior ones like RVP etc. to bail us out if we should need it. Hell, even that team I postulated should be more than good enough for the teams we have next.

Wilbur

Banned
I just preferred Rafael for a bit of continuity in defence, same reason for Evans too. Would rather not weaken it too much.

A bench of those guys plus senior ones like RVP etc. to bail us out if we should need it. Hell, even that team I postulated should be more than good enough for the teams we have next.

Rafael is suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom