• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Totally forgot The Last of Us is out next month. Not incredibly hyped for it but it looks to be a good game. I have it on preorder for 30 quid as well which helps.

kharma45

I had my launch 360 replaced 3 times because of RROD.
I then bought an elite = fine
Upgraded to S = fine.

Both still work. I have TC the elite because I'm nice.

I still have my first PS3 and it works fine. TC's YLOD and he got a slim.

My first fat PS3 YLOD'd (launch day unit), then the second the disc drive died and when I got the third replacement I just flogged it on and bought a slim instead which was been trouble free bar being a bit noisy.

Do you have a back-compat PS3, or did you get it after they discontinued it.

Would you guys pay £100 extra for the PS4/720 to be backwards-compatible? I think I'd have to. Couldn't care less about the convenience, but the fear of the PS3 breaking and needing a new one so I can play the games is palpable

It'd probably work out at more than £100 as they'd need different motherboards for those models amongst other things.

Totally forgot The Last of Us is out next month. Not incredibly hyped for it but it looks to be a good game. I have it on preorder for 30 quid as well which helps.

How did you manage that? Even with the colleague discount I could only get it down to £32. Booked a week off work for it, sad JT that I am :p

@kharma, so they'd basically need an entire console inside yo console so you can play whle you play? Shame, looks like there'll never be a workaround then aside from the Gaikai stuff, and even then how could you prove which discs you own?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

@Wilbury, I'm keeping my hype in check. GTA4, while a brilliant game in its own right, was a rubbish GTA game imo. And I'm wary of the 3 character stuff, can't help but think I'll dislike at least 1 of them, probably 2.
Buffon won the world cup and reached a CL final by being one of Italy's/Juve's best players.

dc89

Do you have a back-compat PS3, or did you get it after they discontinued it.

Would you guys pay £100 extra for the PS4/720 to be backwards-compatible? I think I'd have to. Couldn't care less about the convenience, but the fear of the PS3 breaking and needing a new one so I can play the games is palpable

No. I got the 40GB in February, around the time Uncharted was available. I got Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank.

I actually passed up a 60GB once for a reduced price. I was in Blackpool once, popped into Wilkinson's for a drink and it was sat there for £250. This was around 4/5 years ago. I was SO tempted but I left it. Big mistake in hindsight because I could have easily sold my 40GB one for good money.

Did I goof?!

kharma45

No. I got the 40GB in February, around the time Uncharted was available. I got Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank.

I actually passed up a 60GB once for a reduced price. I was in Blackpool once, popped into Wilkinson's for a drink and it was sat there for £250. This was around 4/5 years ago. I was SO tempted but I left it. Big mistake in hindsight because I could have easily sold my 40GB one for good money.

Did I goof?!

Na it would've died on you by this stage lol.

Buffon won the world cup and reached a CL final by being one of Italy's/Juve's best players.

This is football bro. If it happened more than 9 months ago, its irrelevant :p

Did I goof?!

In terms of having a working console? No. They go for a lot of money though, so it could have been a good investment :D

GorillaJu

Would anyone be interested if I wrote a mini-review of the PS4 and launch games? Decided to get one at launch :)

edit: Mass Effect and Dark Souls will go down as my personal Mario games, I'm so much more enthusaistic about games than I was in the months before I played them.

Dishonored temporarily killed my love for gaming, the way that Chelsea temporarily killed football. Shove that up you arse, morsel.

Errr, shove what up my ass? My superior taste?

Shit load of Zavvi points saved up + discount = victory

Bastard. Buy it off you for £31 :p

How are Zavvi with preorders? Took them like 2 months to get Dark Souls to me, the first apparently got lost in the post. Wonder if they ever sent it even :D

@ Kyoufu, how much would you sell the Elite for? Never played Halo, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Metro 2033, Shadowrun, Trials or Mark of the Ninja :(

Fady K

CONGRATS JUVE-GAF. 2nd title in a row! Great stuff.

CONGRATS AJAX-GAF!

pls tell me it's fady

You know me well enough to know the answer to that ;D

Fady. Blatantly.

That would be quite the shocker here. A twist, that's for sure :p

Ole Ole,
Ole Oleeeee,
We're all Wednesday aren't we?
We're all Wednesday aren't we?
We're all Wednesday aren't we..
Ole Ole..

Staying up. Fantastic end to the season. Cannot wait until July/August now.

Congrats Bumhead! Happy for you bro.

Quiche and Fady for sure.

You are, and always have been, a gentleman FootballFan. Nice comeback for us yesterday :) Team needs to play proper football when Messi is not on the pitch though. Team needs a shake up in the summer IMO.

TWIST

Fady Kiriakides ‏@FadyK85 2 min

Ferguson. Just read your post match interview. You're a joke. The day you retire will be beautiful even if your team keeps on winning.

haha this landed on GAF!

Who was saying this guy was nicer than me? He has hate surging through him.

Hey now Messi, if it wasn't for Fergie I wouldn't have anything to criticize :p

Edit: Damn you Fady :p

What for bro :p? I must have missed something.

Fady is a beautiful man.

:lol Fady is amazing.

Fady is amazing.

You guys humble me <3

All the best to Newcastle Kyoufu, God willing they'll stay up and come back stronger next season!

idL1rD1E9s9Sn.gif

That's how I felt like haha. Good pic to describe me. Like Jonjo I had to apologize later for disrespecting my elders :p

Fady loooooooooool

Lets see these kinds of comments when Mourinho's in charge next year and crying that Grant Holt is too physical

Mourinho will likely do the same, won't he >_< Crazy, after all this, there's still not a single confirmation of his return. He may even remain in Madrid (not very likely) or head to PSG.

JT

@Messi, Fady hates those who deserve to be hated

Hitcher, I'd like to read your PS4 write-up btw.

Not really a twist. United always turn Fady into an irrational mess.

His one flaw as a human being.

That is quite true actually. I don't get it sometimes. In retrospect, I exaggerated in my tweets yet again. I will tell you one thing though and I may sound like a broken record at this stage for those who tend to read the majority of my posts here but I surprisingly don't hate United at all these days. The hate is dying down by a good margin. Not a fan of fergie still.

I love Fady. I will fly out to Abu Dhabi to celebrate Frogson's retirement with him.

I would be honored to have you here bro! There would be much to do. Would be a day to remember :D

Read Fergie's post-match and it's hardly outrageous... He has a go at Luiz for being a prick and perhaps goes a little too soft on Rafael before ending with "The team took their foot off the pedal, [there was] no real edge to our game all day," the Scot said. "Chelsea have deserved to win."

Have I missed a large chunk or...? He's done far, far worse interviews than that. One springs to mind after another Rafael red card 3 years ago actually...

bloody Germans

He said quite a few things I disagreed with; UFCLOL posted the whole excerpt and it contained a lot of exaggerated points.

I think Jones made another funny face today after he fouled Ramires when Chelsea were on the break.

Need to see a pic of this!

Is it fair to say that United, City and Chelsea all need improvements in central midfield?

Sure, for Chelsea in particular (as I watch all their games), the opposition tends to run through our midfield far too easily much of the time.

Hey guys, look what I found/did

yWMDybbl.jpg
YU4VYvMl.jpg

Fuck yeaaaa, I am feeling good today.

Congrats man, looking great.

Beautiful.

My launch system YLOD on the day TDK came out on Blu-Ray :( called up for a replacement, which was an 80gb I believe, while my 60gb was fixed. But they allowed me to keep the 80gb, I think, until the Slim came out in '09. So I traded that in for a slim and got fight night round 4 free lol. Still have that slim, been fine ever since

Carbonox

Bastard. Buy it off you for £31 :p

How are Zavvi with preorders? Took them like 2 months to get Dark Souls to me, the first apparently got lost in the post. Wonder if they ever sent it even :D

I've never had problems with them. In-fact, I'm starting to see Amazon becoming more unreliable with their deliveries. Took nearly a week to receive Bioshock Infinite and more days than it should have with other products too.

Zavvi have been great with me though. I remember getting the TDK trilogy several days before release from them, as well as FIFA 13 a day or two prior to release.

On top of the frequent discounts and competitive prices (if not superior to other places), Zavvi is my go-to site for games.

When Mourinho moves to Chelsea, I hope he doesn't string it out like the attention-seeking knobend he is. Get it done, then everyone can move on.

dc89

Na it would've died on you by this stage lol.

My launch system still works. :)

my 60gig going strong... 6 years.

Touch wood :p Impressive enough that, fairly high failure rate with them.

My launch day unit only made it 14 months.

This is football bro. If it happened more than 9 months ago, its irrelevant :p

In terms of having a working console? No. They go for a lot of money though, so it could have been a good investment :D

Such a mixed bag of answers!

I have a launch Xbox, the one with 20GB HDD. Still going strong.

I remember the 360 launch.

I had a £20 deposit down at Choices (they were like blockbuster and one was super local to me, within walking distance). A week before launch I called them to confirm I'd have a unit and they said they couldn't get me one :/

A quick call to GAME and they could reserve me one... But it was a Core unit. :(

But I had to have one. So I got that :lol

CoD2, Kameo, Perfect Dark and PGR3 purchased within a week. Sooooooo good!

I've never had problems with them. In-fact, I'm starting to see Amazon becoming more unreliable with their deliveries. Took nearly a week to receive Bioshock Infinite and more days than it should have with other products too.

Zavvi have been great with me though. I remember getting the TDK trilogy several days before release from them, as well as FIFA 13 a day or two prior to release.

On top of the frequent discounts and competitive prices (if not superior to other places), Zavvi is my go-to site for games.

Could you play FIFA online before it was officially released?

Still can't decide whether to cancel the GTA5 preorder under the assumption that it's coming to PS4. Its coming in a nice little niche when I'll be desperate for a new game, but I don't wanna be tricked into double-dipping.

Carbonox

Could you play FIFA online before it was officially released?

Still can't decide whether to cancel the GTA5 preorder under the assumption that it's coming to PS4. Its coming in a nice little niche when I'll be desperate for a new game, but I don't wanna be tricked into double-dipping.

You know, I never actually tried playing online with FIFA prior to release. I was able to connect to the EA servers perfectly fine though.

As for GTA5, I have that on preorder for £35 for the PS3 (DISCOUNT VOUCHERS FTW) so even if it isn't out on PS4, it's a great price nonetheless as a back-up.

You know, I never actually tried playing online with FIFA prior to release. I was able to connect to the EA servers perfectly fine though.

As for GTA5, I have that on preorder for £35 for the PS3 (DISCOUNT VOUCHERS FTW) so even if it isn't out on PS4, it's a great price nonetheless as a back-up.

People are always giving away Zavvi vouchers in the Cheap-Arse Euro Gaffer thread. Wonder if they'll work for PS4. Then there's the risk of it either not coming on time though. Never understood people placing deposits for things when you can preorder for free online, and not risk the company going under and taking your money with them ala HMV's voucher scandal

Anyone who's interested in preordering a PS4 and lives in or around Berkshire, send me a PM :)

That Dan Brown book is £20 in Smith's and £9 on Amazon. That's why the high street is dying

Kyoufu

So, PGR5 vs DRIVECLUB should be an interesting battle.

Still need to build the PC kharma helped me with. I'll pick up a PS4 but I'm not sure at launch.

And for the love of God people, why do you buy games from GAME?

It's all about ShopTo here.

Scum

Still need to build the PC kharma helped me with. I'll pick up a PS4 but I'm not sure at launch.

Their prices for new games are OK. They still take the piss sometimes, like knocking off £2 for a preowned game or charging £35 for a year-old game. Also they still own the high street, so if you have a local game shop, its probably GAME. Especially since they absorbed Gamestation

dc89

I only use GAME for the odd thing. Shopto is my favourite place now, they delivered my Fire Emblem copy 2 days early! Got my 3DSXL from them too.

----

"Tuttosport claims De Laurentiis has been convinced to accept Dzeko + £35m for Cavani - but the difficulty is convincing Dzeko to go there."

@Citywatch

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

Do you think shirt-pulling should become an automatic infringement, as it is in the rules, and the slightest pull should be punished? Or should defenders be allowed to pull players back within reason? Seems like that;s how referees view it.

Splatt

Pepsi ad in Argentina

gqDkZsy.jpg

"Called for a press conference. Mou no, Pep si."
"Brought a football revolution. Mou no, Pep si."
"He is an entertainer. Mou no, Pep si."

Scum

I got a Xbox Elite late just for Bayonetta. Never bothered with a PS3. Don't really know why. Looking forward to picking up GTAV on PC when it shows up. Nintendo's 1st party offerings and Platinum's games on the WiiU, and will probably get a PS4 a few months later.
Not really interested in anything MS shows off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom