• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
H0zH7cc.jpg

Would anyone agree that this dude looks a little like a redneck Torres? (Only in the centre photo, looks completely different in the others)

Carbonox

I've never bought a PSN top up card before online. Do you just order the card and they will email you the code instantly? I want to buy Far Cry Blood Dragon.

Do you think shirt-pulling should become an automatic infringement, as it is in the rules, and the slightest pull should be punished? Or should defenders be allowed to pull players back within reason? Seems like that;s how referees view it.
I think it should be treated as the lesser fouls, 2-3 repeated pulls = automatic yellow card. A lot of times defenders dont pull that hard, just enough to destabilize the other player.

Salazar

Torres was unusually dickish against us.

Robin was lining him up for a Keano tier revenge foul.

Shirt pulls are in the deliberate handball area for me. Book that shit.

Yesterday's game Barcelona vs Betis, cemented one thing Villa will leave, and the team continues to win even with Adriano in the center of the defense, terrible performance.

Tello continued to make a difference, and Alexis continued to do just enough to float by.

Its kinda crappy how Benitez is getting treated, I am not a fan of the bloke but you dont talk about replacements when the current coach is still doing a good job and has a contract, this goes for the players and management.

Class, you cant buy that shit Chelski.

Its kinda crappy how Benitez is getting treated, I am not a fan of the bloke but you dont talk about replacements when the current coach is still doing a good job and has a contract, this goes for the players and management.

Tbf the speculation has mainly been from the fans and media, and Rafa's made it clear that he'll be gone by June

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Fuck off Sheffield United

qindarka

Banned

It's not like we are going to sack him, Benitez right from the off was only intended as an interim and his deal is running out this summer.

And Barca should really look in the mirror before talking about class.

It's not like we are going to sack him, Benitez right from the off was only intended as an interim and his deal is running out this summer.

And Barca should really look in the mirror before talking about class.
at least they should keep their mouth shut, have some respect. XD

Is Tito getting sacked? I didnt know.

dc89

I knew this day would come. :')

UEFA are being legally challenged over FFP.

“Today, 6 May 2013, Mr Daniel Striani, player agent (registered with the Belgian Football Association), represented by lawyer Jean-Louis Dupont, lodged a complaint with the European Commission against UEFA in order to challenge infringements to fundamental principles of EU law caused by some provisions of the UEFA “Financial Fair Play” regulation (FFP).

Specifically, this complaint challenges the restrictions of competition caused by the “Break-even rule” (article 57 of the UEFA FFP regulation).

The rule imposes on clubs that participate in the UEFA Champions League or in the Europa League the obligation “not to overspend” (the expenses of a club cannot exceed income). In effect, a club owner is prohibited from “overspending” even if such overspending aims at growing the club.

The “Break-even” rule (which, according to article 101 of the Treaty on the functioning of the EU, is an “agreement between undertakings”) generates the following restrictions of competition:

- Restriction of investments;
- Fossilization of the existing market structure (i.e. the current top clubs are likely to maintain their leadership, and even to increase it);
- Reduction of the number of transfers, of the transfer amounts and of the number of players under contracts per club;
- Deflatory effect on the level of players’ salaries; and
- Consequently, a deflatory effect on the revenues of players’ agents (depending on the level of transfer amounts and/or of players salaries).

http://www.soccernomics-agency.com/?p=454

God speed. The hopes and dreams of many go with you.

Bumhead

Banned
For the last three weeks just about every Blade I know has been saying "I'm not even going to bother going to Wembley this year".

I kept telling them not to worry as the team wouldn't be anyway.

Tc91

It's so hot, came back from the park cause it's roasting.

Need to be prepared for a day like this, take some drink and food if you want to stay out.

BBQ later, steak burgers with cheese in got some jack Daniels relish (never tried it), sausages and plenty of vodka and tonic/beer! Good times.

dc89

Legal challenges don't have a hope in hell, there is simply no case to be made. I would be surprised that someone is stupid enough to actually waste their money having a go, but then I see this guy is an agent

Wait until a club does it. Takes them to court on anti-competition and restricting trade grounds.

Would UEFA suspend FFP whilst in court?

Imagine if they lost. Imagine it. Every club could have grounds to sue them.

PSG, City & Chelsea - it's up to you to do it :lol
We stand for the sport we were accused of ruining.

We stand for the clubs that dream of being took on the same journey our owners enabled us to embark on.

/pr

qindarka

Banned
Wait until a club does it. Takes them to court on anti-competition and restricting trade grounds.

We stand for the clubs that dream of being took on the same journey our owners enabled us to embark on.

/pr

I believe Chelsea were in support of FFP, both for UEFA and the Premier League.

spidye

/pr

wow. I'm speechless

/pr

QGPpPyw.gif

why would those clubs ever challenge FFP? it directly benefits them. especially PSG with their fraudulent sponsorship.

though i appreciate the implication in your post that man city/PSG/chelsea have ruined the sport and that they should be the ones to save it. i totally think that man city is a shit club that ruins football, so at least we agree on something. good luck waiting for them to challenge to FFP.

sohois

/pr

But there are no grounds here, that's the point. UEFA are not a government body or nation, nor are they 'restricting' anything; clubs are free to ignore the rules and spend as much as they want. All UEFA is saying is that entry into their tournaments is dependent on certain conditions being met, like finishing in certain positions and meeting financial requirements. It's not an area that falls under the remit of competition law or any ombudsman of competition either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom