• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Nj26I.jpg

does anyone know how i can recreate this (it was posted in another thread, but the guy who posted it never responded after that) in open office? it looks so beautiful and simple.

You could easily do this with Illustrater. Its dead simple! Also, Msoft have a lot of template and can do a costum one with a lot of flexibility.

Suen

It never overtook ik because it wasn't this big. Also, ISS was a bloody great precedent to have for your series.
Meanwhile the last Fifa game I played was Fifa 97, good times, I used to slide tackle the GK until I was disqualified when my friend was winning.

faridmon

Meanwhile the last Fifa game I played was Fifa 97, good times, I used to slide tackle the GK until I was disqualified when my friend was winning.

Yeah, the old FIFA used to be fun and funny. God knows how many hours have I poured into Road tp FIFA 98. Awesome game!

ISS64 remains teh footy game I have played

Hixx

No. FIFA is not some holy grail that can't be beaten. PES overtook it once before, it can do it again.

PES never overtook fifa.

ISS was better. PES was better until 2008. Then FIFA has ran away with it.

People keep going on about the engine. Tech isn't the fucking problem. You do not need good tech to make a good football game. Actua fucking Soccer 2 was better than the turd Konami has been forcing out for the last half a decade.

Scum

There's a real dip in quality of posts in the gaming side.

Imo that's due to the impending release of Sonys and Microsoft's next gen consoles.

The rabid fans of each console start to come out of the woodwork and incoherently troll each other.

And this years' E3 will be even fucking worse on this forum.

PES never overtook fifa.

People keep going on about the engine. Tech isn't the fucking problem. You do not need good tech to make a good football game. Actua fucking Soccer 2 was better than the turd Konami has been forcing out for the last half a decade.

Konami should be locked in a room with only ISS '98, Pro Evo 5 and 6 to play.

bud

have you checked templates? I know in MS Word there's a whole bunch of options for various CVs. Pages (OSX) too.

i don't have ms word. open office doesn't seem to have those templates.

You could easily do this with Illustrater. Its dead simple! Also, Msoft have a lot of template and can do a costum one with a lot of flexibility.

by illustrator you mean adobe illustrator?

Bumhead

Banned
FIFA was absolute dog wank during the PS2 days. It turned it around and beat PES.

PES is better now than FIFA was then, and closer to the rival product than anything was to PES. I don't expect EA to completely drop the ball with FIFA but its not impossible for a similar turn around to happen again. FIFA has dominated this gen and rightly so but it isn't that great at a lot of things.

Does that have anything to do with the Sims announcement?

Imo that's due to the impending release of Sonys and Microsoft's next gen consoles.

The rabid fans of each console start to come out of the woodwork and incoherently troll each other.

And this years' E3 will be even fucking worse on this forum.

It comes from that Xbox thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=554312

First page is fine, then the fanboys start to crawl in.

rvy

Banned
FIFA was absolute dog wank during the PS2 days. It turned it around and beat PES.

PES is better now than FIFA was then, and closer to the rival product than anything was to PES. I don't expect EA to completely drop the ball with FIFA but its not impossible for a similar turn around to happen again. FIFA has dominated this gen and rightly so but it isn't that great at a lot of things.

No, man. PES is finished. Done. Over. Kaput. Can't be saved. Football game developers at Konami died.

lol

Can't wait for the 21st.

I notice that in here when degod is around

lol

I can see EA fucking it up if they don't do a proper PS4 version, they really took their sweet time to make a good PS3/360 one.

Konami knows how to win, the best Vita football game. VitaGAF will buy it even if they don't like football games.

Kyoufu

PES never overtook fifa.

My memory is spotty, but wasn't PES the market leader in the PS2 days?

Scum

I just want some competition. I remember when even Nintendo had a footy game. lol
It'll be great if the FIFA licence was available to all who wish to make a football game.

It comes from that Xbox thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=554312

First page is fine, then the fanboys start to crawl in.

Console warriors in this day and age. lol

I'm torn between wanting Swindon to win (because of our player and ex-player on loan) and wanting them to lose (for potential De Vita jokes).

Empty

I see nothing in your post which answers my question.

it never actually overtook fifa in sales but at its height it got close

it used to really annoy me as everyone i knew thought pes was better, but people really liked the proper licences and the EA TRAXXX i guess.

Weird. I thought FIFA was the leader during the PSone days. Hmm, never mind then.

I'm sure the sales went PES>FIFA>ISS, and I think the reviews were about the same. Either way, PES overtook FIFA in the PS2 gen, and I hope it happens again

@Sleepless, honestly tell me of a good game with 60 or under on Metacritic

who's the biggest cunts, Sunderland or Stoke? they're equally bad inside the pitch, so i'll base my bet on cuntiness.

Stoke. Diving, elbowing, fouling, barging, shirt-tugging, wrestling, double-footing, anachronistic cunts to a man. Constantly moan about everything as well, regardless of legitimacy.

feel

Read talk of PES and fucking ran to WENB thinking new info on the reboot had come out. Awww.

So bored of FIFA13 already. Can't even make it through a match. EA is decent but they just can't capture that special something that just keeps hooked like a good PES does.

No, man. PES is finished. Done. Over. Kaput. Can't be saved. Football game developers at Konami died.

lol

Can't wait for the 21st.
21st? Anything related to PES happening that day?

Read talk of PES and fucking ran to WENB thinking new info on the reboot had come out. Awww.

So bored of FIFA13 already. Can't even make it through a match. EA is decent but they just can't capture that special something that just keeps hooked like a good PES does.

21st? Anything related to PES happening that day?

Don;t think so, its the day of the Xbox event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom