• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
jK95Ad2.jpg

League champion this year, wouldn't have been at Dortmund. Good choice, Shinji.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Brentford are a nice little club, they're just down the road from me. I hope they do it, I'd love to go down there and watch them play QPR or Newcastle next season.

Modern YouTube videos, quick cuts everywhere, blooper reel mid video and ----------------- five ---------------------- second ---------------------------- spaces ------------------------ between each word.

Is there a worse strikeforce than Stoke in the league (Okay Reading but shush)

Crouch and Jerome.

Terrifying.

They've had a few decent strikers, Pulis hasn't a clue how to utilise them though. Heading has never been Crouch's best attribute, yet he bought im to throw crosses and long balls at. Kenwyne Jones is a beast in the air, yet he's asked to run at defenders from deep. Fuller was pretty good, as he was basically given freedom to pick the ball up around the goal area and make a bee-line for the goal. Jerome and Owen are dogshite.

Meier

http://www.football-espana.net/30621/city-scout-atleti’s-oliver

Oliver is really good, not sure what he would do at city thou, he still needs 2-3 years under his belt.

City might be going down the Chelsea route of signing talented young players and then never actually playing them.

Part of the reason City are looking into buying an MLS team is they feel like loaning young players to that squad would be more beneficial than the competition they get in EDS games. MLS games get about 20k people and actually have an atmosphere while most reserve/EDS games have almost no spectactors at all. It would be an interesting scenario. We have a lot of very talented young guys but you're right Clegg in that we don't seem interested in giving them minutes.. at least not yet.

3Sixty

They've had a few decent strikers, Pulis hasn't a clue how to utilise them though. Heading has never been Crouch's best attribute, yet he bought im to throw crosses and long balls at. Kenwyne Jones is a beast in the air, yet he's asked to run at defenders from deep. Fuller was pretty good, as he was basically given freedom to pick the ball up around the goal area and make a bee-line for the goal. Jerome and Owen are dogshite.

I'll never forget.

On 11 May 2007, Southampton manager George Burley stated that "Kenwyne is another Didier Drogba in the making, as far as physical attributes, his strength and power in the air are second to none".

I'll never forget.

On 11 May 2007, Southampton manager George Burley stated that "Kenwyne is another Didier Drogba in the making, as far as physical attributes, his strength and power in the air are second to none".

Ha, what an idiot. Drogba was pretty much the complete striker, blistering pace was the only attribute he lacked

Wilbur

Banned
I'll never forget.

Remember a few games when he really was 'unplayable' though... might be misremembering, but fuck. Not Drogba level.

Benteke and Lukaku are the new Drogs, although BlindCommunication doesn't really rate Lukaku from what I remember.

3Sixty

Remember a few games when he really was 'unplayable' though... might be misremembering, but fuck. Not Drogba level.

Benteke and Lukaku are the new Drogs, although BlindCommunication doesn't really rate Lukaku from what I remember.

I watched him alot obviously and he was more often than not a complete donkey.

Everyone lol'd when Sunderland paid £6m + Stern John for him.

Wilbur

Banned
I watched him alot obviously and he was more often than not a complete donkey.

Everyone lol'd when Sunderland paid £6m + Stern John for him.

Yeah, that's true. I'm remembering more at Sunderland than Soton, never saw him play for you.

Quite liked him on FIFA, might be where its coming from.

Meier

If you finished BioShock check this video. I know dc will like, although I don't know why I say that. He won't even read this.

v=EfdfBF1Covw

I follow that chick on Twitter and Instagram. She used to write for Gamespot UK or something but I've been curious what she did professionally lately.

Man, Youtube has been utter SHIT for me lately if I try and view a video in HD. Just utterly awful at loading.

If Southampton got relegated, they'd get a hell of a lot of offers for their players. Lambert might push for a move because of his age, doubt the others would though

dc89

We all know Stoke can do it on a cold Wednesday night in Stoke but can they do it on a warm Monday evening in Sunderland?

Gonna watch it now. Whilst I'm in the bath ;)

You're in for a treat.

I follow that chick on Twitter and Instagram. She used to write for Gamespot UK or something but I've been curious what she did professionally lately.

Man, Youtube has been utter SHIT for me lately if I try and view a video in HD. Just utterly awful at loading.

What's her twitter? Just curious. *shifty eyes*

Meier

I totally did a double take when seeing the team name Sassuolo. Surely they must play Sussudio when they score or something.

What's her twitter? Just curious. *shifty eyes*

Her name is Jane Douglas (@janedouglas). I followed her because she did some Inside Xbox videos or something at some point.

WJD

Don't mean to be blasphemous, but I'm still yet to be really impressed by Januzaj. Doesn't seem to stand out to the extent of someone like Pogba at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom