• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was playing FIFA 13 online on UCK_MY_ICK account the other day and now I can't sign into EA. Did someone report me or is it a glitch? I already tried deleting and reinstalling the game data + save data but still received the same message.

http://i.imgur.com/wAbstOa.jpg[IMG]

I'm going to try redownloading the online pass, if that fails. UckMyIck goes into retirement before even making his debut for BelieveFC(ps3).[/QUOTE]
Did you manage to play online?

The one on the left is our president.
KuGsj.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibduC7w1Mq72oP.gif[IMG]

(massive gif sorry)[/QUOTE]
How drunk is Marotta, exactly? THAT was the moment to ask for a new striker. You could've bought Jovetic on the spot.

Or Borriello for €40m.

Anyway, [URL="http://mdk7.deviantart.com/art/Juventus-Heroes-370201748?q=gallery%3Amdk7&qo=0"]this[/URL] popped up on my Twitter TL this morning, thought Juve-GAF would've liked it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How drunk is Marotta, exactly? THAT was the moment to ask for a new striker. You could've bought Jovetic on the spot.

Or Borriello for €40m.

Anyway, this popped up on my Twitter TL this morning, thought Juve-GAF would've liked it.

BRILLIANT!

You know what's more brilliant though? This.
3AQmK.gif

Feorax

Would be mad to see Moyes as Fergie's assistant next year. Like a condensed version of the old bootroom.

Silly time for him to go IMO, this should be the starting point of his Everton legacy, not the endgame. That is, of course, unless he knows something about the future of the club that suggests he's taken them as far as he can.

Meier

My dads landed me some free tickets to the game tonight! WHOO!

Nice! Congrats!

Regarding boiling water in the microwave: I told Meus last night the only time I could think of someone doing it would be for tea and hot cocoa.. looks like Timu posted the same. I don't think we really boil it then either. Just get it hot.

I havent folowed Moyes link with United, but how likely is Moyes to work as an assistant under Fergie before taking over in a short term?

Feorax

I havent folowed Moyes link with United, but how likely is Moyes to work as an assistant under Fergie before taking over in a short term?

I think a fair few managers would do that if they had the opportunity to take over a club like United.

The rumour is it's for about a year. Makes sense really, that there would be some handover period given how long Fergie has been there.

Meier

Seriously, is there actually a buyout clause in Gündogan's contract ? Is there a way to know it ?

Until there is some transparency in football contracts, we won't know unless it's reported and/or acted upon. Should be like American sports were everything is public record.

Hey Meier, Austin City Limits is looking good this year!

Yeah, not bad! I have my tickets already. Lots of artists I am looking forward to seeing although I've already seen most all of them. Doesn't bother me though!

operon

Holy shit, I thought you were English lol :D

So we've got

-You and Fady in Abou Diaby
-Morsel in Japan
-FootballFan in New Zealand
-Messi, juanpablo and deGod in Ireland
-Andres, Meier, Awesome Animals, Timurid, Swagger and Shake Appeal, Slizz in the States
-pulga in Honduras
-Blablurn, fuenf, Milch, Kenka and ElTopo in Germany (presumably)
-The Lucifer in Italy
-Linius, Bacon and confuziz in Dutchland
-LFMartins86, rvy and Lambda in Portugal
-Wooden and bjaelke in Aggerland
-faridmon is from Norway (?)
-MPW, war recon zero, keit4, PantyPhantom, Noirulus, bud23, Spanish Wrath in Spain
-Sviat in The Motherland
-spidye in Austria
-Zabo in Slovenia
-kharma, Kyle and Salva in Northern Ireland
-Fry8 and RobinhoMk2Fan10 in Brazil
-Letters in venezuela
-Yurt in Liverpool will win the league next season, just Kuwait
-Suen in Sweden

Anyone else, and who have I got wrong?

Also, we need more xenophobia to spice this thread up

me in Northern Ireland as well

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
First, it was his Dad.

Then, came his Mum.

And now....

Edinson Cavani's brother “Real Madrid are interested, but the release clause is very high so there are difficulties.

“I personally would like to see him in Spain.”

Linius

Yeah, not bad! I have my tickets already. Lots of artists I am looking forward to seeing although I've already seen most all of them. Doesn't bother me though!

Had no idea you were going, awesome. How is the weather in october btw? Over here we only have these big open air festivals during the summer.

Tc91

I don't think this has been posted: Milan, Bayern, Manchester City and Sao Paolo will face each other in the Audi Cup next summer. The matches will be played on July 31st and August 1st. Bayern won it twice, Barça once.

City will take part in the Audi Cup on 31/7 and 1/8 in Munich, also featuring Bayern Munich, Sao Paolo, and Mario Balotelli's AC Milan!

We'll stuff Bayern.

:DDDDDD

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
"Pepe's comments? It is very easy to analyse what he says. Pepe has a problem and his name is Raphael Varane"

RIP

not even the worst part.

Mou: "It's not easy for Pepe to be steamrollered by a 19 year old kid [Varane] but that's the law of life. The kid is fantastic."

57523-Ice-cube-Chris-tucker-damn-Fri-cQEX.gif

Meier

Had no idea you were going, awesome. How is the weather in october btw? Over here we only have these big open air festivals during the summer.

Yeah, we'll also go to a fest the following month called Fun Fun Fun Fest. It can still be fairly hot here in October -- they had it in September 2 years ago and it was nearly 100 F so they pushed it back a bit further. Last year we had a lot of rain (which has been very rare in Austin for the past few years) so of course it turned the park into a muddy mess which then smells awful due to the fertilizer they use on the grass in advance.. but it's still a music fest!

I used to bring my camera to Lolla but I don't really bother any more with ACL for a variety of reasons. One of them is that it's like Glasto and other big UK festivals where people bring massive fucking flags and ruin sight lines.

I did take this video of Kanye with my iPhone back in 2011. Pretty awesome: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101015459293283&set=vb.5205301&type=3&theater. Here is First Aid Kit last year.. I love these girls: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10102345740194693&set=vb.5205301&type=3&theater.

319669_10101015436558843_611917823_n.jpg

Suen

not even the worst part.

Mou: "It's not easy for Pepe to be steamrollered by a 19 year old kid [Varane] but that's the law of life. The kid is fantastic."

57523-Ice-cube-Chris-tucker-damn-Fri-cQEX.gif
Damn. Madrid-GAF....our team is fucked :lol. Can't really hate Mou, he may not have accomplished what he was brought in for but he did more than enough. Madrid players should learn to shut up and not constantly bitch about everything. Casillas has been with Madrid for a long time and has certainly done well throughout his career, he deserves respect no doubt but it doesn't change one damn thing when Lopez has shown more this season. He's simply the better choice this season and few would disagree with that.

Feorax

Breaking news shortly on LFC website.

Would love it to be a signing, but it will almost certainly be Gerrard out for the season. Hardly breaking news but whatever.

Meier

Would love it to be a signing, but it will almost certainly be Gerrard out for the season. Hardly breaking news but whatever.

I think he was saying he was confident he'd sign a new deal that'd keep him there until the end of his career. Could be an extension.

dc89

I think he was saying he was confident he'd sign a new deal that'd keep him there until the end of his career. Could be an extension.

Yeah! I linked an article the other day on the LFC website where he said he was confident of signing a new deal real soon.

Feorax

3Sixty

Mjallby have been awarded a 3-0 victory over Djurgarden by the Swedish Football Association (SvFF) Appeals Committee following the abandonment of their league game on 7 April when a player was hit by a pear.

Meier

Neither sadly.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-confirm-gerrard-surgery

Though this does mean we'll get to see Hendo-Lucas-Coutinho midfield 3.

Also means Carra is captain for his last games, which is fitting really.

Sorry buddy. The verticle stripes on the red/home kit look pretty weird. I think they were an interesting touch on the white keeper shirt, but I dunno about the red one. I guess they also had to include some "tribal markings" in there somewhere.. I couldn't really tell before but the hi-res shots of Gerrard and Sturridge make them evident.

Feorax

Sorry buddy. The verticle stripes on the red/home kit look pretty weird. I think they were an interesting touch on the white keeper shirt, but I dunno about the red one. I guess they also had to include some "tribal markings" in there somewhere.. I couldn't really tell before but the hi-res shots of Gerrard and Sturridge make them evident.

S'alright. Like Clegg said, no important games missed. Should still roll over Fulham and QPR.

I like the white keeper kit. Reina looks really badass in the short-sleeved version. IIRC, the stripes are actually the words "Liverpool FC" or something like that, which is a bit odd up close.

Had a closer look at the display one they had in the LFC store at the weekend. Looks pretty good in person.

operon

Shake Appeal is Irish and in Ireland.

At least for the next six weeks or so, after which he will be married in America.
Congratz

S'alright. Like Clegg said, no important games missed. Should still roll over Fulham and QPR.

I like the white keeper kit. Reina looks really badass in the short-sleeved version. IIRC, the stripes are actually the words "Liverpool FC" or something like that, which is a bit odd up close.

Had a closer look at the display one they had in the LFC store at the weekend. Looks pretty good in person.

Looks good, will have to order one for the son with number 5 on it for his age :)

Shake Appeal is Irish and in Ireland.

At least for the next six weeks or so, after which he will be married in America.

Well I'm not changing it if you're gonna talk in the third person, you silly twat

Congrats bro :D

@Sleepless, I memorised (wrongly) a lot of them but perused the supporter's list in the OP :p

I'm still not on that list lol

Just had the most remarkably boring dream btw. I was at work, the regional manager was coming in the morning, and everything was going wrong. It could just as easily have been a memory. And if that wasn't boring enough, I bloody stayed late to try and finish the work.

I reckon my brain did it because I fell asleep in my work clothes :D

edit: Shame Gerrard's out for the season, but its vital now that we prepare for next season properly since 7th is pretty much guaranteed for us. He's been exceptional this season, and we should do everything in our power to keep him at that standard next year. Gone a distance to proving that he is well capable of playing as a genuine CM as well. Will be nice for Carra to be captain for his last games, though I'm sure he'd rather have his mate Stevie there with him, as its been for 13 years. I'll be in floods when Stevie hangs up his boots. Players like Torres, Alonso and Suarez come and go, but I don't think we'll ever get another Gerrard at Liverpool.

Feorax

Congrats Shake Appeal!

Looks good, will have to order one for the son with number 5 on it for his age :)

Just don't buy the away or 3rd kit, he may never forgive you if they look like the mockupa :p

I can pretty much call our team for the last 2 games then:

Starting XI: Reina; Johnson, Carra, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey; Downing, Coutinho, Sturridge.

4-3-3

Bench: Jones, Skrtel, Coates, Coady, Suso, Assaidi, Borini.

Down to the basics.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
CONGRATS SHAKE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
What a great year you're having! :p

Juve will unveil next season's kit during the scudetto award ceremony against Cagliari at the Juve stadium. Tuttosport says expect a big surprise

...I don't like surprises.

Unless it involves Cavani presenting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom