• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mou today was simply marvelous.

Q:"Are you thinking of quitting Madrid?"

A:"I'm thinking of staying"

YESS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE! STAY WITH US! KICK CASILLAS THE FUCK OUT OF MADRID IF NECESARY!.

Those damn green bee swarms at Old Trafford.

colesy6.gif

WJD

One of my housemates projectile vomited everywhere last night and it fucking stinks. Seriously, everywhere - like, up the walls and all along the top floor hallway and then when he finally got to the bathroom, he's done it all over the walls surrounding the toilet.

No idea how he's managed it but it's making me bork every time I step out my room.

Slizz

One of my housemates projectile vomited everywhere last night and it fucking stinks. Seriously, everywhere - like, up the walls and all along the top floor hallway and then when he finally got to the bathroom, he's done it all over the walls surrounding the toilet.

No idea how he's managed it but it's making me bork every time I step out my room.

Lol wow, better clean that shit quick or that stench will linger. Steam everything.

WJD

Lol wow, better clean that shit quick or that stench will linger. Steam everything.

It was cleaned (apart from patches around the toilet which is annoying) and the smell just won't go away. On the plus side, it keeps me in the library for longer.

Patrick Klepek is getting on my nerves more and more with each Bombcast. Weird because there was a good year or so where he was alright

Repeating other people's anecdotes, sulking like a child and making petty snipes when he can't back up his own opinion, being a very poorly masked Nintendo fanboy in a way that stifles discussion. If your big 3 allegiance doesn't lead to humour or come with some self-identification and awareness, its a bit pathetic really.

Feorax

Patrick Klepek is getting on my nerves more and more with each Bombcast. Weird because there was a good year or so where he was alright

Repeating other people's anecdotes, sulking like a child and making petty snipes when he can't back up his own opinion, being a very poorly masked Nintendo fanboy in a way that stifles discussion. If your big 3 allegiance doesn't lead to humour or come with some self-identification and awareness, its a bit pathetic really.

I've pretty much given up on the bombcast. It's a weird reason for doing so, but I found that the amount of dead air and mumbling really puts me off. There are often periods of silence for like 4 or 5 seconds where I normally end up pulling out my phone to check the podcast hasn't been interrupted by a call. 2 and a half hours of that is maddening to me.

I normally stick to Weekend Confirmed for gaming industry discussion and analysis, and the Rooster Teeth podcast for sheer randomness and discussion about misc crap. Itch scratched.

he never clicked with me tbh, he always seemed like a guy that doesnt give a crap about games but does it for a living.

Arnie

Shelvey's goal at Old Trafford had me cumming buckets last night. Quite happy that Gerrard's op is brought forward because now we'll hopefully get to see him have a couple of games in the first team.

Shelvey, Hendo, Lucas midfield. Coutinho floating. Downing stretching. Sturridge flapping.

Zabojnik

Shake Appeal is Irish and in Ireland.

At least for the next six weeks or so, after which he will be married in America.

OMG, congrats Shake Appeal! Hopefully you'll find a way to watch Juve anyway. :)

...I don't like surprises.

Unless it involves Cavani presenting it.

New kits? Niiiice. Seriously, we've got everything going for ourselves right now. So you just know they're gonna fuck up the summer mercato.

Arnie

In fairness Yurt, Conte returned to Juventus the minute I left Serie A to replace Klopp at Dortmund. Our feud was too much for him.

Speaking of all things Napoli, my mum and stepdad took a trip to Naples today. I'm praying for their safety.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So Ferruccio Mazzola passed away.

The 65 year old former striker was the son of Grande Torino star Valentino Mazzola & is pictured here with his brother 'Sandro. He died following a long illness.

He was hugely outspoken, most notably in his 2004 book 'Il terzo incomodo' in which he accused Fiorentina, his own Lazio & his brother's Inter sides of systematic drug abuse.

Mazzola directly accused former Inter coach Helenio Herrera of forcing players to take substances to improve performances & held the coach accountable for the premature deaths of players Armando Picchi, Carlo Tagnin, Mauro Bicicli & Ferdinand Miniussi.

Inter President Giacinto Facchetti sued Mazzola for deformation but the case was thrown out of court. In 2005 a judge ruled that the death of former Inter player Bruno Beatrice - at just 39 - was as a direct result of doping

Took it from Adam Digby's sulia.

Zabojnik

Speaking of all things Napoli, my mum and stepdad took a trip to Naples today. I'm praying for their safety.

Nothing bad ever happens in Napoli. According to Mazzarri and De Laurentiis it's all part of the local folklore.

Should've gone to Torino instead.

juveplane.png

This was pretty obvious already..

I hope benfica gets trashed by Porto and then destroyed by Chelsea in the EL final!

why are you so salty?

is it because we are ahead of you in the FIFA rankings?

is it because we are ahead of you in the UEFA rankings?

is it because Benfica is in the top 10 clubs according to the UEFA rankings while the best dutch is Ajax in 27th spot?

it's not my fault your teams are shit, bro. level up or step aside.

Wilbur

Banned
Mou is spot on about Lopez/Casillas by the way. Iker is a fantastic shot stopper but not really in any other department; positionally he's poor and there's been a fair amount of goals that Ramos/Pepe get blamed for that Casillas should be. A very good keeper whose talent has been exaggerated due to the team he plays for, his nationality, the captaincy etc.

Messi

Mou is spot on about Lopez/Casillas by the way. Iker is a fantastic shot stopper but not really in any other department; positionally he's poor and there's been a fair amount of goals that Ramos/Pepe get blamed for that Casillas should be. A very good keeper whose talent has been exaggerated due to the team he plays for, his nationality, the captaincy etc.

I like you and your opinions

Casillas is awful when it comes to corners. Diego Lopez is arguably the best hiring from Mou's Real. 2nd being Modric.

bjaelke

Mourinho's contract includes a clause that lays down a penalty in the event of the contract being broken unilaterally by either party. Although the figure is not public, it is believed to be in the region of €20m (£16.9m). Should Mourinho walk away, the club that sign him must pay Madrid that indemnity; should Madrid sack him, that fee would be due to Mourinho.
The Guardian makes it sound like that will keep Chelsea away
KuGsj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Casillas is awful when it comes to corners. Diego Lopez is arguably the best hiring from Mou's Real. 2nd being Modric.

Lopez has been a fantastic buy, but because he isn't Casillas and the press literally don't suck his dick, no one really gives a fuck. Mou is spot on about him. Even the Pepe stuff has truth to it, although I think if you erased all mental problems, Pepe is a better defender than Ramos.

He is being a cunt with regards to his contract though. I want him to stay on and win La Decima if we don't win it next year. Chelsea can get fucked in the nose

What are the chances of Diego Lopez retaining his starting spot next season with Mourinho gone?

slim. Casillas will snake his way into the starting 11.

Lopez has been a fantastic buy, but because he isn't Casillas and the press literally don't suck his dick, no one really gives a fuck. Mou is spot on about him. Even the Pepe stuff has truth to it, although I think if you erased all mental problems, Pepe is a better defender than Ramos.

He is being a cunt with regards to his contract though. I want him to stay on and win La Decima if we don't win it next year. Chelsea can get fucked in the nose

Ramos is part of the problem. dude probably gonna pop a bottle of champagne when Mou finally leaves.

i say do it, Mou, fuck them, they never liked you anyways. at least in the UK you're respected.

Wilbur

Banned
What are the chances of Diego Lopez retaining his starting spot next season with Mourinho gone?

We got burnt on AVB. Might me more problematic than you think.

Not at all. As much as I rate Carlo, he's a company man (Milan, Chelsea and PSG are all more or less run by someone other than the manager; Carlo's more of a first team coach) and if he comes in, Casillas will be back in the squad.

Whoever comes after Mou will have to face the fact that Casillas is the ring leader at RM, either accept that or be prepared to be kicked out. Happenned to Camacho, happenned to Lopez Caro, and many others.

dc89

Whoever comes after Mou will have to face the fact that Casillas is the ring leader at RM, either accept that or be prepared to be kicked out. Happenned to Camacho, happenned to Lopez Caro, and many others.

I thought Iker was a nice guy considering his nickname. St Iker.

It's rare when Diego Lopez lets one in and everybody sees and thinks "His fault". With Casillas it was becoming a trend lately.

he is nice, but come on man you can touch everyone at RM, just dont touch Iker, he is the last great madridista in the team and no homegrown replacement in sight.

There are no true madridistas anymore. And Casillas is far from one, the fact he doesn't have the club's best interest speaks volumes. A true madridista would've shut the fuck up. He should be called St. Diva, he and Ronaldo make a great pairing.

You have a nice way of explaining stuff! :D
people see this as a pure perfomance debate, its not. When Casillas started he was shit on by Hierro, he was seen as the kid with good skills but good enough to play in the 1st team, then Hierro left, then Raul left and El Madridismo was left with only one player that they can associate with the great homegrown legends, Iker Casillas.

You dont touch Iker, you dont go for the people's hero; it doesnt work like that.

Wilbur

Banned
people see this as a pure perfomance debate, its not. When Casillas started he was shit on by Hierro, he was seen as the kid with good skills but good enough to play in the 1st team, then Hierro left, then Raul left and El Madridismo was left with only one player that they can associate with the great homegrown legends, Iker Casillas.

You dont touch Iker, you dont go for the people's hero; it doesnt work like that.

Oh I understand WHY Casillas is praised so much, but Mou is either holding a grudge and using Lopez, or judging it on performance in which case Lopez deserves his spot.

Messi

Same would be said for a new manager fucking with Charles Puyol. You don't do it.

Lopez has been fantastic and deserving of his spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom