• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
why are you so salty?

is it because we are ahead of you in the FIFA rankings?

is it because we are ahead of you in the UEFA rankings?

is it because Benfica is in the top 10 clubs according to the UEFA rankings while the best dutch is Ajax in 27th spot?

it's not my fault your teams are shit, bro. level up or step aside.

Yes, all these things really matter to me. I cry myself to sleep every day.

No. I hate it that Benficas team is 90% foreign. Should not be allowed. Shitty Iberia siesta laws.

jtb

Banned
Mourinho has way overstepped his bounds with his scorched earth policy at Real Madrid, imo. Hard to side with him over Casillas when Mou is just being an utter cunt all the time—press attacking him or not.

Arnie

There's an argument to be had that ripping out a fan favourite for minimal gain (I rate Lopez, but I don't think he's vastly superior to Iker) is a negative for the squad. Rafa sold Danny Murphy, not Gerrard. Morale within the squad counts towards getting results, and to my mind, I may be wrong, this is the first time Mourinho's built a squad mired by conflict and bitching. He's contributing to it.

Lopez has been a fantastic buy, but because he isn't Casillas and the press literally don't suck his dick, no one really gives a fuck. Mou is spot on about him. Even the Pepe stuff has truth to it, although I think if you erased all mental problems, Pepe is a better defender than Ramos.

He is being a cunt with regards to his contract though. I want him to stay on and win La Decima if we don't win it next year. Chelsea can get fucked in the nose

Yeah Mou is coming off as a quitter.

Wilbur

Banned
Mourinho has way overstepped his bounds with his scorched earth policy at Real Madrid, imo. Hard to side with him over Casillas when Mou is just being an utter cunt all the time—press attacking him or not.

They've both been dickheads, but Casillas has disrespected his superior and then Mou's acted with impetuosity. So... they're both equally to blame, Casillas should have just put up with it when Mou was doing things like slating Barca and creating siege mentalities instead of whining. He may not have liked it, but the team did alright last year didn't they?

confuziz

Banned

1256950001282.jpg

Oh I understand WHY Casillas is praised so much, but Mou is either holding a grudge and using Lopez, or judging it on performance in which case Lopez deserves his spot.

Mourihno has a grudge simply because Casillas has never agreed with the way Mou runs the club. In reality this is the first time Mou has actually have to deal with someone inside the club with bigger influence than himself.

Casillas comes from a different generation of madridistas, molded by the Mijatovics, Suker, Raul, Zidanes, etc and people close to Lorenzo Sanz. As much as you see those legends in Valdebebas you will never see them next to Mou simply because they dont want to go near him, its corrosive.

Karanka was the perfect fit, listens, obedient, and doesnt have the pull in or outside the club. Lopez has no choice but to keep silent, he will still be there after Mou is gone so it would be stupid to talk for or against anyone right now.

Wilbur

Banned
There's an argument to be had that ripping out a fan favourite for minimal gain (I rate Lopez, but I don't think he's vastly superior to Iker) is a negative for the squad. Rafa sold Danny Murphy, not Gerrard. Morale within the squad counts towards getting results, and to my mind, I may be wrong, this is the first time Mourinho's built a squad mired by conflict and bitching. He's contributing to it.

Yeah, I don't think he's vastly superior to Casillas either, but when he's playing really well (and we would have scored 5 at Old Trafford if it wasn't for him), Casillas shouldn't just expect to walk back in the team, but seemingly he did expect that and so did the media.

Agree on your second part, I'm not absolving Mou of any of the blame tbh. Just that the situation with Casillas and Pepe he discussed today were absolutely bang on the money. But it'll get painted as fractures and barbs instead of what he did say, which was both were being outperformed.

CSKA scrape through with a win in extra time to to the final. I feel bad for Rostov, it's the third year in a row that they lose in the cup semi. Oh well, they would have gone nowhere in the EL, it's for the better than Rubin or Spartak (ugh) get that spot.

Messi

They've both been dickheads, but Casillas has disrespected his superior and then Mou's acted with impetuosity. So... they're both equally to blame, Casillas should have just put up with it when Mou was doing things like slating Barca and creating siege mentalities instead of whining. He may not have liked it, but the team did alright last year didn't they?

I think mous tactics have had a negative impact on relations between Barcelona and Madrid. His siege mentality has hurt Madrid to the point that he has to go.

bjaelke

you dont go for the people's hero; it doesnt work like that.
Rene Meulensteen (United assistant) learned that the hard way when he managed Brøndby. Fucking imbecile tried to sell the club icon as his first action. He even signed two of the worst players ever to play in the Danish league in the same transfer window. I hate everything about that sorry excuse for a staff member. I truly hope that United have a better replacement lined up for Ferguson, because Meulensteen will just emulate QPR and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Linius

Yeah, we'll also go to a fest the following month called Fun Fun Fun Fest. It can still be fairly hot here in October -- they had it in September 2 years ago and it was nearly 100 F so they pushed it back a bit further. Last year we had a lot of rain (which has been very rare in Austin for the past few years) so of course it turned the park into a muddy mess which then smells awful due to the fertilizer they use on the grass in advance.. but it's still a music fest!

I used to bring my camera to Lolla but I don't really bother any more with ACL for a variety of reasons. One of them is that it's like Glasto and other big UK festivals where people bring massive fucking flags and ruin sight lines.

I did take this video of Kanye with my iPhone back in 2011. Pretty awesome: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101015459293283&set=vb.5205301&type=3&theater. Here is First Aid Kit last year.. I love these girls: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10102345740194693&set=vb.5205301&type=3&theater.

319669_10101015436558843_611917823_n.jpg

That's pretty warm. The no rain part sounds good too. And these would really annoy me if they'd block my line of sight.

Shake Appeal is Irish and in Ireland.

At least for the next six weeks or so, after which he will be married in America.

Gratz dude.

Wilbur

Banned
I think mous tactics have had a negative impact on relations between Barcelona and Madrid. His siege mentality has hurt Madrid to the point that he has to go.

I don't think he should give a fuck about the relations between Barca and Madrid, they're rivals, there shouldn't be a positive relationship outside of things like the Hillsborough stuff which Everton have done a fucking wonderful job of supporting, things like that. On the sporting side, they're going against each other year after year and there shouldn't be positivity. Sport, as Xavi will one day understand without masturbating to Frida Kahlo paintings and quoting Rimbaud while Cesc kisses his testicles, is about winning.

The siege mentality stuff... in a lot of cases, it works. It's worked at United year after year. I wouldn't put it past Conte using the Calciopoli stuff to galvanise the Juventus team. But the difference is that in those cases they are teams, as opposed to fractured squads like this Madrid one. And a lot of that will be down to Mourinho, but if Casillas doesn't respect his superior's way of running things, he's equally to blame.

Messi

I don't think he should give a fuck about the relations between Barca and Madrid, they're rivals, there shouldn't be a positive relationship outside of things like the Hillsborough stuff which Everton have done a fucking wonderful job of supporting, things like that. On the sporting side, they're going against each other year after year and there shouldn't be positivity. Sport, as Xavi will one day understand without masturbating to Frida Kahlo paintings and quoting Rimbaud while Cesc kisses his testicles, is about winning.

The siege mentality stuff... in a lot of cases, it works. It's worked at United year after year. I wouldn't put it past Conte using the Calciopoli stuff to galvanise the Juventus team. But the difference is that in those cases they are teams, as opposed to fractured squads like this Madrid one. And a lot of that will be down to Mourinho, but if Casillas doesn't respect his superior's way of running things, he's equally to blame.

But mou has actively made these relations worse. As part of his plan and that rubbed some Madrid players the wrong way. Specifically when they had to go see these players on international duty. It served no purpose.

And victory seems to belong to CSKA!! Go CSKA, win the league too!! Eto to score hat trick tomorrow, prepare yourself Sviato!

CSKA may have won but they've been looking weak and vulnerable for weeks now! Loko and their new 17 year old beast are going to shit on them on the weekend, and Zenit will then be level on points with them.

As for the cup game with Anzhi tomorrow, I'm more worried about Willian and Zhirkov than Eto'o. Willian especially, he's been beasting recently.

jtb

Banned

Conte and Ferguson don't set their teams out to just kick their arch-rivals, don't poke people's eyes, don't set out to destroy the national team of the country they're managing in. There are shades of grey, and Mou has simply taken his usual siege mentality (which usually works very well, and he takes it everywhere he goes) to a whole new, incredibly toxic level.

Sport is about winning, but is it about winning by any means necessary? It's easy to be magnanimous in victory, but when you're as sore a loser as Mou...

Turok_TTZ

apparently as mou was leaving Valdebas earlier today, some fans shouted "Vete ya cabron!"
can't confirm this though. however, I wouldn't put it past some madrid fans to do such things.
stay classy my fellow madridistas.

meanwhile... why the sudden talk of madrid in this thread? go talk about ur precious donkey league or lolbayern.

Mourinho's mentality worked for Porto, Chelsea and Inter. is he really the one hurting Madrid?

hint: he's not.

Wilbur

Banned
But mou has actively made these relations worse. As part of his plan and that rubbed some Madrid players the wrong way. Specifically when they had to go see these players on international duty. It served no purpose.

Eh, if the players are mature adults, then when they meet on international duty they get on with it. But when its Madrid vs Barcelona, it'd be odd if they acted as anything other than enemies.

Conte and Ferguson don't set their teams out to just kick their arch-rivals, don't poke people's eyes, don't set out to destroy the national team of the country they're managing in. There are shades of grey, and Mou has simply taken his usual siege mentality (which usually works very well, and he takes it everywhere he goes) to a whole new, incredibly toxic level.

Sport is about winning, but is it about winning by any means necessary? It's easy to be magnanimous in victory, but when you're as sore a loser as Mou...

English-Premier-League-Gary-Neville-backs-Rafael-da-Silva-to-succeed-him-55556.jpg

I know what you mean, I do. Again, not trying to say Mou is blameless. But his ego X some of the squad's ego hasn't really worked well. The whole club is to blame.

Apart from Ronnie.

He's perfect.

Wilbur

Banned
talks about madrid

meanwhile... why the sudden talk of madrid in this thread? go talk about ur precious donkey league or lolbayern.

u r weird but i luv u

CSKA may have won but they've been looking weak and vulnerable for weeks now! Loko and their new 17 year old beast are going to shit on them on the weekend, and Zenit will then be level on points with them.

As for the cup game with Anzhi tomorrow, I'm more worried about Willian and Zhirkov than Eto'o. Willian especially, he's been beasting recently.

Forgot Willian played for them now. And Zhirkov lol i remember that cunt.

jtb

Banned
Mourinho's mentality worked for Porto, Chelsea and Inter. is he really the one hurting Madrid?

hint: he's not.

He gets credit for when things work, he should get the blame when they don't. Obviously Madrid are a much better team than they were under Pellegrini (they've been able to beat Lyon, for a start), but there are things that he has done that have also blown up spectacularly in his face. So he deserves credit and blame.

Forgot Willian played for them now. And Zhirkov lol i remember that cunt.

Zhirkov has been playing like a man possessed recently. Basically ever since the media has been trashing his wife. Dude is usually pretty calm and a bit derpy really, but he's damn angry now and is just skinning fools on the touchline.

Wilbur

Banned
Zhirkov has been playing like a man possessed recently. Ever since the media has been trashing his wife. Dude is usually pretty calm and a bit derpy really, but he's damn angry now and is just skinning fools on the touchline.

quick someone call Valencia's wife a whore

Turok_TTZ

Zhirkov has been playing like a man possessed recently. Basically ever since the media has been trashing his wife. Dude is usually pretty calm and a bit derpy really, but he's damn angry now and is just skinning fools on the touchline.
why would the media trash his wife? I guess he cannot hold in his frustrations.

Bonolis is at it again!
I've seen Fiorentina-Roma, and it seems to me that Fiorentina was somehow annoying Milan [... so they made possible for Roma to win. He's talking about DDR's handball]. Sometimes, you see in football matches that refs make mistakes and so on, but when a team constantly receives favours from them and another one gets every decision against, you start making questions.

Go watch Fiorentina-Milan, honey.

Meier

Patrick Klepek is getting on my nerves more and more with each Bombcast. Weird because there was a good year or so where he was alright

Repeating other people's anecdotes, sulking like a child and making petty snipes when he can't back up his own opinion, being a very poorly masked Nintendo fanboy in a way that stifles discussion. If your big 3 allegiance doesn't lead to humour or come with some self-identification and awareness, its a bit pathetic really.

Protip: Quit listening to podcasts. They're a waste of your time. :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So I was planning to go to Juve-Cagliari, but the tickets were kinda overpriced (and it's in..four days). So I went for the next best thing - Madrid-Atletico. I'm going to throw coins at Benzema.
Bonolis is at it again!

What is this drivel?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

RaGe_pt

I don't know if anybody has talked about this yet but benfica drawed last night and next Saturday there's a Porto vs Benfica. The winner probably wins the title as there's only one game left after this one. I already have my ticket for probably one of the most dramatic games I'll ever see. Benfica you're going to go through hell!

Linius

I don't know if anybody has talked about this yet but benfica drawed last night and next Saturday there's a Porto vs Benfica. The winner probably wins the title as there's only one game left after this one. I already have my ticket for probably one of the most dramatic games I'll ever see. Benfica you're going to go through hell!

I had that two years a go. Last match day of the season Ajax-Twente, the winner took the title. We won and I had one of the best football experiences in my life :p

I hate Benfica, they have so many shitty players. Can't wait till they get raped by Chelsea n.n. GO PORTOOOO.

I'm expecting some epic poetry, no matter the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom