• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
This is all your fault Wilbury, blasting Frogie like you did over the weekend.

images

Suen

Loko have been dreadful, since the resumption of play after the winter break and couldn't score despite playing a 4-2-4. That is until 3 games ago, where they decided to bring up 17 year old Aleksei Miranchuk from their youth team and use him as a playmaker. Now they're scoring and winning. CSKA stand no chance.

Edit: my favourite thing about this Miranchuk kid is that he was a Spartak youth academy product but they cut him because they claimed he had poor conditioning or something. LOL Spartak
:lol :lol 4-2-4 and couldn't score until the aid of a 17-year old came. No offense towards this Aleksei guy as he might be a great player now (and in the future) but it's slightly embarrassing when using that formation. You'd expect at leaaaaaaaaast one goal or two. Even with him there I still believe in CSKA!

Would be lovely to see Spartak's reaction if this guy becomes the next big thing in Russia :lol.

feel

we've never had a different manager in the ENTIRE time i've been alive

it's terrifying
Yup. Porto's president has been the same since 1982 (I was born in 1985), we've won so much stuff with him, I love the way he runs the club and I'm scared shitless of the day he will leave, we could potentially just turn into a mismanaged mess like Sporting or (sometimes) Benfica.

What the fuck did he pre-buy Zaha for if he planned to retire? Must be health reasons, in which case I hope he gets well soon.
He will still build a young and promising squad, regardless.

Fergie will only ever retire because of health. Doesn't mean he has a serious illness but managing a football club at that age is never going to be easy.

Feorax

Safe to say it's all going to get very real in the next 24 hours.

Christ, we could see CR7 playing in a Moyes managed team next year, that's mental.

Sane_Man

Yess.. Yesss!! Is this really happening?! I thought this day would never come.

Best man manager ever, his biggest talent being able to turn decent players into consistently good performers. There's no manager out there who'll be able to replicate this. I really do believe a slight decline is in hand for United if this rumour is true. You'll always be a top team but the level of domination only possible due to Fergie's consistency is dead.

:lol :lol 4-2-4 and couldn't score until the aid of a 17-year old came. No offense towards this Aleksei guy as he might be a great player now (and in the future) but it's slightly embarrassing when using that formation. You'd expect at leaaaaaaaaast one goal or two. Even with him there I still believe in CSKA!

Would be lovely to see Spartak's reaction if this guy becomes the next big thing in Russia :lol.

Well he has a goal and two assists in three games so far. Last time I remember a 17 year old having an impact in the league was Dzagoev(currently the best young talent in Russia, despite what Capello thinks) and before that was Akinfeev( world class goalkeeper) so hopefully this kid follows a similar path, especially since Loko like selling their best players :)

Oh, and the kid has a twin brother who is apparently just as good too. LOL Spartak.

PowderedToast

telegraph article that went up half an hour ago. been posted?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...er-United-manager-before-end-of-the-week.html

As rumours of the 71-year-old’s imminent retirement swept Manchester, senior figures at the club failed to respond to repeated attempts to confirm or deny the story, which emerged following United’s player versus coaches golf day at Dunham Massey on Tuesday afternoon.

With United now forced to adhere to the strict rules and regulations of the New York Stock Exchange in terms of the release of significant information relating to the running of the club following last August’s partial flotation, any change of management would fall within those requirements.

As of Tuesday night, no statement over Ferguson’s future had been issued by United.
However, with sources close to the players confirming that the squad’s golf day had been overshadowed by suggestions that the Scot would be making an announcement ahead of Sunday’s clash with Swansea at Old Trafford, any ongoing uncertainty is unlikely to be allowed to continue to the point where it would affect the confidence of investors and, in turn, United’s New York share price.

When United’s owners, the Glazer family, issued its prospectus for the club’s £500m bond issue in January 2010, the prospect of Ferguson leaving the club and potentially jeopardising future success was raised by the Americans as one of the risk factors attached to investing in the club.

D_prOdigy

Guardian running with the same thing now. Saying players were golfing with coaching staff today, and told to expect news imminently.

pulga

Banned
Holy shit, I thought you were English lol :D

So we've got

-You and Fady in Abou Diaby
-Morsel in Japan
-FootballFan in New Zealand
-Shake Appeal, Messi, juanpablo and deGod in Ireland
-Andres, Meier, Awesome Animals, Timurid, Swagger and Slizz in the States
-pulga in Honduras
-Blablurn, fuenf, Milch, Kenka and ElTopo in Germany (presumably)
-The Lucifer in Italy
-Linius, Bacon and confuziz in Dutchland
-LFMartins86, rvy and Lambda in Portugal
-Wooden and bjaelke in Aggerland
-faridmon is from Norway (?)
-MPW, war recon zero, keit4, PantyPhantom, Noirulus, bud23, Spanish Wrath in Spain
-Sviat in The Motherland
-spidye in Austria
-Zabo in Slovenia
-kharma, operon, Kyle and Salva in Northern Ireland
-Fry8 and RobinhoMk2Fan10 in Brazil
-Letters in venezuela
-Yurt in Liverpool will win the league next season, just Kuwait
-Suen in Sweden
-pappe in India

Anyone else, and who have I got wrong?

Also, we need more xenophobia to spice this thread up

Im in Costa Rica! Soon to be in Italy (FFS HURRY UP AUGUST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom