• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Dan Roan ‏@danroan
Hearing there could be a Utd statement as early as 10am tomorrow. Club officials on standby.

Would be about the right timing for a stock exchange announcement. Give it time to settle before the markets open over there.

When it's the BBC shit gets real for me.

I'm scared.

Wilbur

Banned
Dan Roan ‏@danroan
Hearing there could be a Utd statement as early as 10am tomorrow. Club officials on standby.

Would be about the right timing for a stock exchange announcement. Give it time to settle before the markets open over there.

BBC? fuck. God its true isnt it :(

GorillaJu

Don't see how anything can be more pressing than this cringe-worthy image:

GB50000000002657917.jpg

Scum

Tomorrow morning should be fun.

The best part about this is that they're in the pose that most reminds me of Bayern.

Standing in a line on the half way line watching Drogba score the winning penalty in the Champions League in their own stadium.

i7H0qx1qr8GDS.png

Lunchbox

Banned
if ferguson leaves ill feel less attached to the club. he's been the manager longer since ive been alive, fucker is united. not to mention how the current squad will finish below liverpool in midtable without him

major signing coming, he isnt leaving

Wes

venison crêpe
If we remove all coaches in national coaching positions (12 months out from the World Cup) and those who are cemented in their jobs there are only a few managers who are better suited for the job than Moyes.

Klopp, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Conte, Hiddink.

Below these you have a bunch of people who are untested in some way. Moyes. de Boer. Pellegrini.

Of my top 5, if you can't get Mourinho and the others are unlikely to join why not go for Moyes? He has vast amounts of Premier League experience and has built competitive squads on shoestring budgets.

jtb

Banned
If we remove all coaches in national coaching positions (12 months out from the World Cup) and those who are cemented in their jobs there are only a few managers who are better suited for the job than Moyes.

Klopp, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Conte, Hiddink.

Below these you have a bunch of people who are untested in some way. Moyes. de Boer. Pellegrini.

Of my top 5, if you can't get Mourinho and the others are unlikely to join why not go for Moyes? He has vast amounts of Premier League experience and has built competitive squads on shoestring budgets.

You forgot Rafa.

lol

also I'd say the job Pellegrini has done is on par with Moyes. Probably more flexible budgets, but also has European experience.

meanwhile according to this article, Real Madrid are no longer interested in falcao.
How the hell did I miss this? by two days no less. I'm getting sloppy :\ ...
seriously because of 8 million salary is too much? I lol'd hard.

who needs falcao when you have benzema?

K1LLER7

I got a feeling we might announce Moyes as Fergie's number 2.

If Fergie does retire it'll be a sad day. But he should take Giggs and Scholes with him.

Turok_TTZ

who needs falcao when you have benzema?

I burst out laughing reading this. Sarcasm is well done or my meter is wonky but yes I agree. Benzema earns less than 8m anyways. we would save money just sticking with the benz.

because atletico won`t sell him to us
if rumours are correct, I do believe falcao has an anti madrid clause in that contract of his. only way he could leave is some how force a move but yeah, unless we pay in excess of 60m, I dont see falcao here either. especially with that salary.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't want to believe he's going. Not thinking about it. It's gonna ruin my fucking day tomorrow if its true, and I have to get up at 10, leave at half 11, have an exam at half 1, work at 5 until close, then come home Thursday and revise all day, then exam and scriptwork in on Friday. If he's going, this is a fucking cock week.

xintin

whoa, a lot of things happens when you don't read footy-gaf for 2 days. is this announcement really happening tomorrow?

jtb

Banned
Arsenal get 170m sponsorship deal?

Raise ticket prices and buy fuck all

We'll see. I think the stubborn Wenger of old, trying to prove that he can win the "right" way and on zero net-spend is long over. I don't think he will re-sign a contract unless there's a chance that he can go out with a trophy. Which would also mean spending some money. New kit deal, new (?) Emirates deal, new TV deal... I'm beginning to think that there is hope that austerity is over......

Also, let's just say there's a hypothetical 70m to spend.
Cesc for 30m
Jovetic for 25m
Quality defensive midfielder for 10-15m
Corchia for 5m

That's the dream, for me at least.

K1LLER7

Some say Moyes hasn't even been contacted about the job. Not sure what to think if Mou takes over. He's not had the best of times at Madrid and he won't get the same financial backing at United, that he got at Chelsea and Madrid.

kharma45

Some say Moyes hasn't even been contacted about the job. Not sure what to think if Mou takes over. He's not had the best of times at Madrid and he won't get the same financial backing at United, that he got at Chelsea and Madrid.

He's one of the few who could handle the intense media coverage being the first man to take over from Fergie. Whoever gets it is in for a very, very hard time.

Messi

If he retires, next season is going to be incredibly interesting.

Nice way to go out though, on the 20th premier league title.

jtb

Banned
I hate to pull a Confuziz here... but does the manager really matter that much? (No, no it doesn't.)

Moyes is a good manager. as long as he doesn't lose the dressing room in the first couple weeks (which should be fine, since, unlike Chelsea, there don't seem to be a clique of players who enjoy any power or authority), the team will run itself. If Mancini could win the league, then I absolutely believe Moyes can. Trophies beckon.

No European experience shouldn't really count against him either since it's not like United have been a European force since Ronaldo left.

Kyoufu

Wow journos actually think he's retiring...

pls

pls happen.

PLEASE.

I hate to pull a Confuziz here... but does the manager really matter that much? (No, no it doesn't.)

Moyes is a good manager. as long as he doesn't lose the dressing room in the first couple weeks (which should be fine, since, unlike Chelsea, there don't seem to be a clique of players who enjoy any power or authority), the team will run itself. If Mancini could win the league, then I absolutely believe Moyes can. Trophies beckon.

No European experience shouldn't really count against him either since it's not like United have been a European force since Ronaldo left.

LOL

Are you serious? Sir Alex Ferguson is the greatest manager of all time. You can't replace him.

Wilbur

Banned

Fergie isn't just a coach though. He is United. He oversees everything.

I won't come near the first two paragraphs.

CL Final 2010–11, and the biggest target for United is European football after proving local domination. It would be counted against him.

K1LLER7

Miguel Delaney

"I got a text at about 6pm today saying the players were told of a "significant announcement" to come on Sunday. That's all I know."

Now I doubt its got anything to do with stocks. Would be amazing if its a takeover by some rich billionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom