• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo-Locks

Sunday is the last home game and the presentation of the trophy. He normally gives a speech after the game. It would be an amazing way to go out. *Wins 20th league title* drops mic.

K1LLER7

Sunday is the last home game and the presentation of the trophy. He normally gives a speech after the game. It would be an amazing way to go out. *Wins 20th league title* drops mic.

Damn, I can see something like that happening :(

Maybe they've all got it wrong and Giggs is retiring :lol

Kyoufu

jones2_zps55efb6fd.gif

Messi

As if Valdes is their problem... how about that dog shit defense?

This is a change that was forced on Barcelona by Valdes not wanting to sign a new contract. So thery have to replace him. Reina is a good replacement in my eyes. They are also going to buy some new defenders when the window opens.

K1LLER7

When would it be an okay time for Fergie to leave?

Another CL? Treble? A clear replacement?

Bales right.

But I would say this is a pretty good time. IF they can get a top manager in as a replacement. Just won the #20 PL title, leave a team mainly consisting of young players. Club seems to be on the right track once again, financially.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
wasting 45 millions on a 28 (29?) years old Thiago Silva is a huge fucking mistake, don't do it Tito. Besides I don't think PSG will sell him, it's not like they need the money and he would have to take a massive paycut to be part of the team, I'm sure he wouldn't be willing to do that not when PSG is a couple of players away from being an elite european football club.

I have to admit that Zidane has amazing scouting abilities, he recommended Varane to Madrid and they paid peanuts for him. Now he is a world class CB that has tripled his worth. I wish we had that kind of luck :(

Wilbur

Banned
When would it be an okay time for Fergie to leave?

Another CL? Treble? A clear replacement?

When he doesn't feel up to it anymore. And if that's the case, then so be it and I'll wish him the absolute best because he's my hero and I will feel fucking ripped apart the day he isn't manager of my club anymore.

But to me, whether he won the treble this year, the double, the quadruple, or nothing, I'd never think there was an ideal time to walk away. I'd want him here for as long as he can be, as opposed to bowing out when he's reached a landmark or whatever.

But like GB says he's earned the right to walk away whenever he wants. And if that's what's happening, then I'm just gonna have to accept it aha.

GorillaJu

If Barça do take Reina I just hope that we get a transfer fee worthy of the remaining length on his contract. I wouldn't begrudge Pepe for wanting a change if scenery after all he's been through, especially to one of the world's best teams, but if he respects the club he'll make his intentions known early so we can negotiate a proper fee and find a replacement (Courtois?
pls
).

This is a change that was forced on Barcelona by Valdes not wanting to sign a new contract. So thery have to replace him. Reina is a good replacement in my eyes. They are also going to buy some new defenders when the window opens.

The present Reina isn't a good replacement.

Error

If Barça do take Reina I just hope that we get a transfer fee worthy of the remaining length on his contract. I wouldn't begrudge Pepe for wanting a change if scenery after all he's been through, especially to one of the world's best teams, but if he respects the club he'll make his intentions known early so we can negotiate a proper fee and find a replacement (Courtois?
pls
).

the latest news from spain is that valdes will see out of his contract, tito doesn't want to sell him.

Turok_TTZ

wasting 45 millions on a 28 (29?) years old Thiago Silva is a huge fucking mistake, don't do it Tito. Besides I don't think PSG will sell him, it's not like they need the money and he would have to take a massive paycut to be part of the team, I'm sure he wouldn't be willing to do that not when PSG is a couple of players away from being an elite european football club.

I have to admit that Zidane has amazing scouting abilities, he recommended Varane to Madrid and they paid peanuts for him. Now he is a world class CB that has tripled his worth. I wish we had that kind of luck :(

but what about farsa's precious youth academy? surely there is someone there with great potential, why need luck when ya got "la masia"? :p

reina is lolworthy. if farsa do get reina, the only thing they will continue doing is having the current farsa tradition of having shit goal keepers huehuehuehue. Reina aka Valdes 2.0.

meanwhile i just realised how small the market is for a good gk nowadays. good thing we signed diego lopez huehuehuehuehuehue!

Error

but what about farsa's precious youth academy? surely there is someone there with great potential, why need luck when ya got "la masia"? :p

reina is lolworthy. if farsa do get reina, the only thing they will continue doing is having the current farsa tradition of having shit goal keepers huehuehuehue. Reina aka Valdes 2.0.

meanwhile i just realised how small the market is for a good gk nowadays. good thing we signed diego lopez huehuehuehuehuehue!

the youth academy is a nice investment and sometimes you are lucky and get an awesome generation of players (messi, iniesta, pique, xavi, etc...) but you can't count on that happening over and over, if Barça wants to compete they need to invest in world class players period. There are no good CBs in La Masia anyway. Buying a CB (or 2) is a must, but I just don't see the Thiago Silva buy as a good deal at all when you consider the investment the club will have to do and his age.

Dibbz

So Arsenal got a nice shirt deal tied up with Puma. Is it a coincidence the Fabregas is signed with Puma? I think not.

Already wearing the red and white

BJsqIC5CMAIYlAN.jpg:large

:(

Oh come on now. A Madrid fan taking shit about Barca's youths? Hilarious.

Turok_TTZ

Oh come on now. A Madrid fan taking shit about Barca's youths? Hilarious.

its the result of Farsa excessively boasting of their youth academy over the years. Can't help but rub that in after all that worthless praising.

Plus, there is nothing wrong with our cantera we do have quality showing up, only problem is that we will never give them a chance to shine, a sad tragedy of real madrid. See diego lopez, soldado, negredo, valero, hell even javi garcia.
carvajal as well since he made himself a starter for leverkusen if im not mistaken. i hope we follow through and sign his arse back to madrid.

Going through some of Chelsea's exploit in the Mourhino era I noticed that sadly we have never been able to replace Makélélé, the guy was seriously our best player in that period and sadly I can't think of any holding midfielder currently who is as good.

flake

Going through some of Chelsea's exploit in the Mourhino era I noticed that sadly we have never been able to replace Makélélé, the guy was seriously our best player in that period and sadly I can't think of any holding midfielder currently who is as good.

Javi Martinez!

You are right though, Makelele was a beast for us.

K1LLER7

Agreed. Makélélé was class. Nobody who currently plays could replace him.

^ I Don't get the hype surrounding Martinez. He's overrated.

Turok_TTZ

aren't pure dms made irrelevant nowadays with the rise of the deep lying playmaker in recent years? calling Javi martinez a pure dm would be in done in poor taste. he is not a pure dm. ball playing dm is what he is.

FootballFan

its the result of Farsa excessively boasting of their youth academy over the years. Can't help but rub that in after all that worthless praising.

Plus, there is nothing wrong with our cantera we do have quality showing up, only problem is that we will never give them a chance to shine, a sad tragedy of real madrid. See diego lopez, soldado, negredo, valero, hell even javi garcia.
carvajal as well since he made himself a starter for leverkusen if im not mistaken. i hope we follow through and sign his arse back to madrid.

LOL

FootballFan

Sorry BelieveFC, had to leave. Also we don't cross enough, that is how all those cunts score goals.

I saw the potential though, we will win Div 1 one day.

jtb

Banned
From the Guardian:

Cesc-F-bregas-reacts--009.jpg

gervinho is pretty bad, but honestly is he that much worse than Alexis? at least Gervinho only cost ~10m or so.

I really really hope we can bring Cesc back, even if it is just a pipe dream. I believe in Wenger to get him back to his best.

Suen

gervinho is pretty bad, but honestly is he that much worse than Alexis? at least Gervinho only cost ~10m or so.

I really really hope we can bring Cesc back, even if it is just a pipe dream. I believe in Wenger to get him back to his best.
Let's buy Falcao while we're at it, Wenger pls :(. Also Valdes is definitely a part of Barca's problem Kyofooooo. Arse-GAF, would Valdes be any improvement over Szczjeas8yu3 or Fabianski for us? He's shit but is he THAT much shit? I think he's better than both but not exactly the world-class GK you'd want.

Also fuck that Anti-Madrid clause on Falcao, we should troll Atletico and buy him. Madrid fans who are satisfied with only Benz
or Higuain
as our primary striker in our current climate are fans who are satisfied with finishing second and lower every season + never winning CL. There exists a club for those fans, it's called Real Madrid Castilla.

FootballFan

Alexis is much better, us Barca fans just like to hate.

Sanchez has 5 goals and 6 assists in his last 8 matches, Gervinho has probably never had that lol. When I used to see Sanchez at Udinese I was amazed. He hasn't been as good for us but next season he will be. Ballon d'Or top 3 next to Messi and Deulofeu.

K1LLER7

Sorry BelieveFC, had to leave. Also we don't cross enough, that is how all those cunts score goals.

I saw the potential though, we will win Div 1 one day.

Think you only played 1 game (?), we create alot of chances, but can't finish. It's like Heskey plays up-front for us ;)

Also, you missed Wilbury's awsome goal keeping. We have our very own Valdes in goal.

We did a QPR and got relegated into division 9 :lol

FootballFan

You missed Wilbury's awsome goal keeping. We have our very own Valdes in goal.

We did a QPR and got relegated into division 9 :lol

:lololol

Also, how come we play with someone as ANY. Most teams I've played with in competitions all are against having someone on ANY.

Wilbury was horrible at being Khedira, he was blocking me from being Alonso.

edit
I played 2 games!

Also, how come we play with someone as ANY. Most teams I've played with in competitions all are against having someone on ANY.

edit
I played 2 games!

how much ick did you end up ucking? Sounds like a lot, getting the team relegated.

FootballFan

how much ick did you end up ucking? Sounds like a lot, getting the team relegated.

:lol we weren't even that bad. We technically won since we had more possession, the other teams just cross and score though. G-Unit would definitely complain.

Speaking of uck my ick, glad it worked, thought EA banned me and I'd have to switch to my other inappropriately named account.

GorillaJu

A jpop fan talking shit to a kpop fan? C'mon now.

I prefer japanese music

Japanese music at least has a refreshing lack of restraint. Even indie shows that I went to in Seoul were devoid of any creative drive bar its gimmicky electronics. Japan still has a lot of issues that cripple good new music – namely that you have to be a lobbyist for your group, like a DJ more than an auteur, promoting yourself everywhere as no one will ever do it for you until you're signed.

It'll take time for Korean music to lose its derivative nature and phoniness. Korean culture on a larger scale will have to take that step first :p

K1LLER7

edit
I played 2 games!
:lol
We'll probably play tomorrow/later. Wilbury has exams so I doubt he'll come on. Firewarrior and I used ANY towards the end. I prefer everyone having just one player. We'll do that next time we play. It's addicting :D

I aim to be the teams Ozil, But I end up scoring more than assisting.

FootballFan

:lol
We'll probably play tomorrow/later. Wilbury has exams so I doubt he'll come on. Firewarrior and I used ANY towards the end. I prefer everyone having just one player. We'll do that next time we play. It's addicting :D

I aim to be the teams Ozil, But I end up scoring more than assisting.

So..not Ozil? :p

We don't need Wilbury, if he isn't putting the team first then we'll just cut him out. We have quiche the legend, so no worries.

I'm going to go edit my pro, make him 5'4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom