• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

xintin

lyon (or adidas, I guess) have the weirdest ideas for kits. this year was 3D, next year GLOW IN THE DARK!
third-2-608.jpg

K1LLER7

So..not Ozil? :p

We don't need Wilbury, if he isn't putting the team first then we'll just cut him out. We have quiche the legend, so no worries.

I'm going to go edit my pro, make him 5'4.
I'm like an Iniesta who scores. The perfect midfielder :p

So my prediction of you making a midgit messi look-a-like will be right. Wilbury couldn't handle the midfield so he moved to GK :lol

FootballFan

I'm like an Iniesta who scores. The perfect midfielder :p

So my prediction of you making a midgit messi look-a-like will be right. Wilbury couldn't handle the midfield so he moved to GK :lol

Haha couldn't handle midfield after I left. I was doing all the hard work. Unsung hero. Busquets of BelieveFC.

flippedb

Banned
wasting 45 millions on a 28 (29?) years old Thiago Silva is a huge fucking mistake, don't do it Tito. Besides I don't think PSG will sell him, it's not like they need the money and he would have to take a massive paycut to be part of the team, I'm sure he wouldn't be willing to do that not when PSG is a couple of players away from being an elite european football club.

I have to admit that Zidane has amazing scouting abilities, he recommended Varane to Madrid and they paid peanuts for him. Now he is a world class CB that has tripled his worth. I wish we had that kind of luck :(

THIAGO IS NOT A WASTE OF CASH! HE'S THE BEST!

He'll never go to that shit team, though.

faridmon

Japanese music at least has a refreshing lack of restraint. Even indie shows that I went to in Seoul were devoid of any creative drive bar its gimmicky electronics. Japan still has a lot of issues that cripple good new music – namely that you have to be a lobbyist for your group, like a DJ more than an auteur, promoting yourself everywhere as no one will ever do it for you until you're signed.

It'll take time for Korean music to lose its derivative nature and phoniness. Korean culture on a larger scale will have to take that step first :p

I agree as whole, but there is a niche indie scene in Korea that is trying to do different (Just like Glen Check, The Solutions and The Koxx). Japan has the problem of promoting the ''wrong'' kind of bands whils some bands are left to rot.

Korea has this social problem that is inherently precipitate itself in being derivative and being fake (Like their faces) and that will not go away as long it is commercially viable route.

At least it has better indie scene than fucking Italy!

GorillaJu

Kakitani to Nuremburg?

ラテン文字, KAKITANI Yoichiro. 基本情報 .... 2013年はドイツ1部・ニュルンベルクからの移籍オファーを断り、森島寛晃、香川、清武と受け継がれてきたチームのエースナンバー「8」を継承した。

Says here he turned down an offer to Nuremberg but its from his wiki so likely to not be recent

Meier

Juve fans: Manolo Gabbiadini becomes a beast in my FM save. Co-ownership is so weird, but maybe he is the answer to your striker problems! :D

Edit: Wow, I'm coach of the England national team and I just had a guy score 5 goals in a Euros game versus Finland. Apparently the all-time record for goals in a game during the Euros is just 3. Surprised no one has managed at least 4 over all these years.

GorillaJu

Yeah, I remember hearing he turned it down a while back. My shit memory failed me again.

Btw, Omiya's recent form is bullshit. Cerezo is in 6th now.

Yeah Omiya is playing really well.

If Kakitani turned down Nuremberg perhaps this means he and his agent have high hopes for his future. Most Japanese players wouldn't turn down a move to Bundesliga.

Turok_TTZ

well this would be the only time I'll ever boast madrid cantera. you won't hear me say shit for like until we resign a former youth product. having said that, <3 diego lopez. Feel bad for casillas but one does not drop a gk when said gk is on form for one returning from injury.

Falcao would be a waste of money. same for cavani. how many times have I said this? with the way we play, we ostracize the striker to favour cr7 and it will stay that way so as long as mou or the coach after him insists on throwing all the chances to cr7.

despite that benz had a glorious season last year. this year was marred by many variables. once mou is gone, I expect benz to return to his 30+ goals self. he is key to our cl ambitions. i just hope next season we have benz or whoever is gonna be our striker get fucking continuity. you dont see falcao or cavani or van persie rotated like their respective teams trying to figure out who their main man is. we already went through that and it should not have continued. #BelieveInTheBenz

plus we dont need strikers, Madrid need midfield and a rb first and foremost. Want sahin back, carvajal resigned, isco instead of bale, backup cf if higuain gets sold off or make morata backup cf. promote jese or sell him off. not much. very concerned with midfield. we cannot continue with xabi alonso if we are to challenge cl.

well this would be the only time I'll ever boast madrid cantera. you won't hear me say shit for like until we resign a former youth product. having said that, <3 diego lopez. Feel bad for casillas but one does not drop a gk when said gk is on form for one returning from injury.

Falcao would be a waste of money. same for cavani. how many times have I said this? with the way we play, we ostracize the striker to favour cr7 and it will stay that way so as long as mou or the coach after him insists on throwing all the chances to cr7.

despite that benz had a glorious season last year. this year was marred by many variables. once mou is gone, I expect benz to return to his 30+ goals self. he is key to our cl ambitions. i just hope next season we have benz or whoever is gonna be our striker get fucking continuity. you dont see falcao or cavani or van persie rotated like their respective teams trying to figure out who their main man is. we already went through that and it should not have continued. #BelieveInTheBenz

plus we dont need strikers, Madrid need midfield and a rb first and foremost. Want sahin back, carvajal resigned, isco instead of bale, backup cf if higuain gets sold off or make morata backup cf. promote jese or sell him off. not much. very concerned with midfield. we cannot continue with xabi alonso if we are to challenge cl.

despite that benz had a glorious season last year. this year was marred by many variables. once mou is gone, I expect benz to return to his 30+ goals self. he is key to our cl ambitions.

I expect benz to return to his 30+ goals self. he is key to our cl ambitions.

he is key to our cl ambitions.

1780549-shakehead.gif

Yeah Omiya is playing really well.

If Kakitani turned down Nuremberg perhaps this means he and his agent have high hopes for his future. Most Japanese players wouldn't turn down a move to Bundesliga.

I hope so. He has 8 goals in 14 games which was similar to Kagawa (7 goals in 12 games) before moving Dortmund. The difference is that Kagawa was younger when he achieved that. Last season, Kakitani had 17 goals in 40 games. The stats show he has improved. Still, I wonder how his game would translate in Europe. Kagawa was much more of a dribbler and had slightly better technique. Kakitani is a better target man and seems more composed than Cerezo Shinji, but I think he would need to become stronger in order to succeed.

I don't really keep up with all of the young players from J league besides Cerezo. What players do you think have a future in Europe?

feel

The best part about this is that they're in the pose that most reminds me of Bayern.

Standing in a line on the half way line watching Drogba score the winning penalty in the Champions League in their own stadium.
:lol :lol

GorillaJu

Teams playing the most attractive football in the PL, in descending order

1. Southampton
2. Swansea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Manchester City
7. Manchester United
8. Wigan
9. Fulham
10. West Brom
11. Chelsea
12. Aston Villa
13. Newcastle
14. Reading
15. West Ham
16. Stoke City
17. QPR
18. Norwich
19. Sunderland
20. Everton

Looks like United fans have a lot to look forward to.

Salazar

Teams that win tings

1. Southampton
2. Swansea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Manchester City
7. Manchester United
8. Wigan
9. Fulham
10. West Brom
11. Chelsea
12. Aston Villa
13. Newcastle
14. Reading
15. West Ham
16. Stoke City
17. QPR
18. Norwich
19. Sunderland
20. Everton.

faridmon

1. Southampton
2. Swansea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Manchester City
7. Manchester United
8. Wigan
9. Fulham
10. West Brom
11. Chelsea
12. Aston Villa
13. Newcastle
14. Reading
15. West Ham
16. Stoke City
17. QPR
18. Norwich
19. Sunderland
20. Everton

Oh you would say, that wouldn't?

faridmon

Norwegian Tippeligaen update:

Loooooooooooooool at Molde. Solskjær, just where you are!

:( at Vålerenga, al though its too early to tell, but The talent there is not good enough to win us the title. I just hope to god Rosenborg stays as it is at 5th.

rodvik

1. Southampton
2. Swansea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Manchester City
7. Manchester United
8. Wigan
9. Fulham
10. West Brom
11. Chelsea
12. Aston Villa
13. Newcastle
14. Reading
15. West Ham
16. Stoke City
17. QPR
18. Norwich
19. Sunderland
20. Everton

8502161407_878f2e1777_o.gif

rodvik

Norwegian Tippeligaen update:

Loooooooooooooool at Molde. Solskjær, just where you are!

:( at Vålerenga, al though its too early to tell, but The talent there is not good enough to win us the title. I just hope to god Rosenborg stays as it is at 5th.

So funny I was looking at that today. To think I wanted him at Villa! Dodged a bullet there, if he was in charge we would be in a relegation battle. Wait....

faridmon

So funny I was looking at that today. To think I wanted him at Villa! Dodged a bullet there, if he was in charge we would be in a relegation battle. Wait....

To be fair, Norwegian League is infamous for teams that starts out pretty rubbish after winning their league so...

Nah, they just suck. They took their second 1 point this weekend. Teams around them have learned their tactic and keep beating them. They are like Barca of Norway. They only can play one style and once they are figured out, they don't have a plan B.

The current hottness in Norway at the moment:

1367781563936_187.jpg

Lars Christopher Vilsvik

He is Swedish :/

Blablurn

The best part about this is that they're in the pose that most reminds me of Bayern.

Standing in a line on the half way line watching Drogba score the winning penalty in the Champions League in their own stadium.

hahaha, you are so funny and kawaii hahahah ^^^^^^^^^^^hahahahahaha

rodvik

To be fair, Norwegian League is infamous for teams that starts out pretty rubbish after winning their league so...

Nah, they just suck. They took their second 1 point this weekend. Teams around them have learned their tactic and keep beating them. They are like Barca of Norway. They only can play one style and once they are figured out, they don't have a plan B.

Thats great to see though, no matter who, to have a league nice and competitive like that. Gotta be good.

bjaelke

"So Rob has come in and done well. Rob will probably be my goalkeeper next season. Júlio is in the Brazil team. He is not a player for the Championship. He has got a World Cup coming up so he needs to be playing in the Premier League or a big league abroad."

Julio Cesar is a done man at QPR.

qindarka

Banned
Juve fans: Manolo Gabbiadini becomes a beast in my FM save. Co-ownership is so weird, but maybe he is the answer to your striker problems! :D

Edit: Wow, I'm coach of the England national team and I just had a guy score 5 goals in a Euros game versus Finland. Apparently the all-time record for goals in a game during the Euros is just 3. Surprised no one has managed at least 4 over all these years.

A lot of FM stats only date back to the starting point of the game, which would be 2012 in the latest version. Guess it's too much effort to include all such stats from earlier.

Gabbiadini is also a monster on my save, he plays for Man City and scored against me in a CL final.

Zabojnik

Promising lad, to be sure. I wouldn't mind him having him as the 4th/5th striker next season. Couldn't do worse than Bendtner or Anelka.

Turok_TTZ

Benzema is one of the few players on madrid to actually bother to show up come cl time. also one of the few players to step up their game whenever cr7 plays a bad game. Also quite productive. 18 goals despite being off form. 17 assists to compensate for benzema's lack of form. certainly not cracking on the goalscoring side of things but he is at least making sure he is not dead weight when he plays. hell wanna hear a fun fact?
Karim Benzema is currently Real madrid's top assist maker for the season of 2012-13. Mesut Ozil is behind by.... just one assist. considering this is an off season for benz I am quite confident in a better turn out next season.

If I had any real complaints of the benz is that he let his beef with mou get in the way of performance on the pitch. that and headers. as much as i love the benz he cant header for shit and quite frankly is the only thing he needs to work on. everything else is either golden or simply requires a consistent run of games.

It probably doesn't have the stats for all the years. Most of the time when you break a 'record', it's since the game began.

Gabbiadini is pretty good; I know his PA. He's had an okay season in real life and scored some Serie A goals, but I'm not sure he's ever going to be a starter.

bjaelke

Marchisio, Vidal and Conte to United. It all makes sense now.

Oh and Vucinic.

They don't strike me as the type of players Mick McCarthy would go for.

But wait, there's more:
Shareholders at Everton Football Club look set to force an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) in order to be able to question Chairman, Bill Kenwright, about the future.
Moyes out.

Just want to get this out of the way:

I'm highly skeptical that SAF is leaving, but if he is, then we better be getting one of the best managers in the world to replace him.

If Moyes is so much as mentioned I will laugh until I cry.

Gawge

I'm highly skeptical that SAF is leaving, but if he is, then we better be getting one of the best managers in the world to replace him.

I can't really see beyond Moyes or Mourinho. They are almost polar opposites, but nobody seems to know who Fergie would prefer.

Mastadon

Banned
Just want to get this out of the way:

Probably not a coincidence that it comes at a time when Rafa will be out of a job, innit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom