• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your pick United-Gaf. Please get one of them off of ITV.

GzIpihx.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mou to United would be hilarious. If they could announce that by around 1930 tonight that would be great.

DBT85

Just seen the news. SAF has been manager at United since I was 2. I literally have no idea what it is like to support a team without him at the helm.

I hope this doesn't mean a revolving door over the next few years as seen at most other clubs. Also wonder if they have already sorted the replacement and what they are doing about transfers.

EDIT: If it is Mourinho I wonder if there is any truth to that Ronaldo rumour that's been kicking about.

Fuck you Fergie, this day was meant to be remembered as Tottenhams first win at the Bridge since 1990.

Now it's Tottenhams first win at the Bridge since 1990 and SAF retired.

Stealing our spotlight again.

Mourinho to United would be hilarious.

Can only mean one thing: Moyes to Man Utd

Rooney has launched a blistering attack on Moyes, revealing that his transfer to Old Trafford was hastened by an intense dislike of the Goodison Park manager.

All this is part of Rooney's autobiography, from which the Mail has been plucking the best - for want of a better word - bits. Today it tells the story of how Rooney's relationship with his manager soured before his departure.

It says after the striker decided to leave, he confided in Moyes that stories in local papers about visits to prostitutes had been getting him down.

"Next day it was in the (Liverpool) Echo," Rooney says. "I was absolutely furious as I'd been talking to Moyes in private. In front of all the players I had a real go at him.

"'How did that story get out, except from you?' I raged. 'You're a fucking joke. I don't ever want to play for you again'."

Other flashpoints included Moyes telling Rooney, "You've been eating too many fucking McDonalds".

It got so bad Rooney even considered moving to Newcastle.

madmackem

Interesting times ahead, was it fergie that carried that club?, lets not forget he took over a run of the mill club that hadnt won a title for what 25 years?. Greatest of all time, theres more to him than what he shows in the press, he seems like someone that stands by you if you do right by him.

Jburton

Banned
we are the new Liverpool now

never felt this shit about a united news

Lol, it is a sad day ...... but it was inevitable ....... it has been a dark cloud hanging over United for a long time, that band aid needed ripped off!

United will not make the same mistakes Liverpool made, I don't see a line of failed managers who played in the glory days for Liverpool being trotted out .. Only to be shit, one after the other.

Those mistakes are well documented in football in how to take a league winning dynasty into a middle table team without a league win in over twenty years.

The Glazers are a blight on Manchester United but their ruthless business sense might be a blessing in disguise that saves us from the fate of Liverpool.

Only a winner will be brought in, one with Fergies approval.

There were very vague signs but it's all too sudden. End of the greatest era in club football, he's done so much for us over the years, adopted, changed and coped with time just to stay on top.

Whoever is coming to replace him is going to have huge shoes to fill especially with City and Chelsea expanding next year, I hope we're not small fish to them. I don't care who replaces him I still can't imagine anyone on the sidelines but him.

Properly sad now. Thank you Sir Alex. :(

I hope this doesn't mean a revolving door over the next few years as seen at most other clubs. Also wonder if they have already sorted the replacement and what they are doing about transfers.

It's a bit of a poison chalice, let's be honest. Whoever takes over is doomed to failure by his standards. And with him still at the club in some capacity it will make that failure all the more obvious.

I did have a friend who once suggested they hire someone distinctly average to get that inevitable failure out of the way and give the next manager a better chance.

Yes, it is as dumb as it sounds.

Tegris

I have to admit, I did a bit of a dance. God I hope it's Moyes.

The game will be worse without him though, that's for sure.

bjaelke

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 8m
Now if the next part of this story pans out as I was told yesterday, English football might just implode.

I don't see a scenario without an implosion. Mou, Moyes, Mike Phelan. They'd also cause an outburst of some sort.

Fady K

I thought this would be the happiest day for me in years (after my engagement), but I'm feeling a bit sad now.

I tweeted about his retirement a few days ago, I did not think I'd feel this way today.

This also sucks for me because it means Mou is less likely to come back to Chelsea.

FADY - POST IF YOU'RE OK AND NOT IN SOME SORT OF STUPOR.

I think he's ok. I think.

Feels so weird man! Come to Abu Dhabi - breakfast, lunch, and dinner is on me.

qindarka

Banned
Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 49s
Remember Mourinho saying there would be a "surprise" this season? ¿Sería esto a lo k Mou se refería cuando habló sobre una "sorpresa"?

It's happening.

Fady K

I can't imagine what this must feel like to true United fans who have been supporting the club for over a decade now.

I'm not used to having a manager over a season, can't imagine losing one after over a quarter of a century. My goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom