• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Just got my history of English essay back. 25/100 loooool. Fucking cunt compulsory modules I have no interest in plus my laziness = shit essays. Fuck this, might change my degree to something not fucking cock.

And exam in half an hour. What a shit fucking day.

Sad to hear this. I am sure you will be fine in the Exams. Your writing skills around here is quite good and I am sure that will help you pass the exams, in the very least!

Feorax

Between Moyes at United, City's crap record in the CL, and Arsenal's aversion to silverware, our European coefficient is going to go to shit...

Fady K

Goal.com -

Sir Alex Ferguson broke down in tears during an emotional goodbye to Manchester United staff this morning following the announcement of his decision to retire.

The Scot will step down as United manager at the end of the season following 26 years at Old Trafford during which he won 38 trophies, including 13 Premier League titles.

Ferguson arrived at the club’s Carrington training base at 6.50am this morning and made a series of phonecalls amid intense speculation that he was set to quit.

Once the entire first-team squad had arrived for training, Ferguson held an eight-minute meeting with the players and senior staff during which he informed them of his decision.

Sources say the players were "quiet and shocked" as they left the meeting, with some clearly emotional. Ferguson was the last man out of the room and was seen supportively patting assistant manager Mike Phelan on the back.

At 9.20am, around the same time that United made an official announcement on their website, Ferguson went to the main dining hall at Carrington to address the entire staff, from the tea ladies to the coaches.

The atmosphere was described as "pensive" and "sombre". By then, everyone knew what was going on.

Goal understands that, during a speech that lasted between eight and 10 minutes, Ferguson choked up and became tearful as he thanked them for their efforts over the years and spoke of the wonderful support within the "United family".

Ferguson became particularly emotional as he revealed that some people present - particularly technical staff - may lose their jobs as a consequence of his retirement.

After he finished talking, Ferguson received a standing ovation as he shuffled out of the room, still clearly emotional as he brings an end to an extraordinary career at United since he took over from Ron Atkinson in November 1986.

He was scheduled to hold a one-on-one sit-down interview with the club’s in-house television station, MUTV, at 10.30am and it was unclear whether he still intends to join the United players at Chester races later today.

K1LLER7

Goal.com -

Sir Alex Ferguson broke down in tears during an emotional goodbye to Manchester United staff this morning following the announcement of his decision to retire.

The Scot will step down as United manager at the end of the season following 26 years at Old Trafford during which he won 38 trophies, including 13 Premier League titles.

Ferguson arrived at the club’s Carrington training base at 6.50am this morning and made a series of phonecalls amid intense speculation that he was set to quit.

Once the entire first-team squad had arrived for training, Ferguson held an eight-minute meeting with the players and senior staff during which he informed them of his decision.

Sources say the players were "quiet and shocked" as they left the meeting, with some clearly emotional. Ferguson was the last man out of the room and was seen supportively patting assistant manager Mike Phelan on the back.

At 9.20am, around the same time that United made an official announcement on their website, Ferguson went to the main dining hall at Carrington to address the entire staff, from the tea ladies to the coaches.

The atmosphere was described as "pensive" and "sombre". By then, everyone knew what was going on.

Goal understands that, during a speech that lasted between eight and 10 minutes, Ferguson choked up and became tearful as he thanked them for their efforts over the years and spoke of the wonderful support within the "United family".

Ferguson became particularly emotional as he revealed that some people present - particularly technical staff - may lose their jobs as a consequence of his retirement.

After he finished talking, Ferguson received a standing ovation as he shuffled out of the room, still clearly emotional as he brings an end to an extraordinary career at United since he took over from Ron Atkinson in November 1986.

He was scheduled to hold a one-on-one sit-down interview with the club’s in-house television station, MUTV, at 10.30am and it was unclear whether he still intends to join the United players at Chester races later today.
:'(

Goal.com -

Wilbury is going to be crying onto his exam paper

jbrbXFkJwlwhib.jpg

Fergie was the blanket that protected us. Arnie, DC, and Fady are now stronger than ever.

Wes

venison crêpe
@GuardianJamieJ 1m

David Gill to MUTV, on SAF successor, must have "requisite football experience in terms of domestic and European experience."

@GuardianJamieJ 1m

David Gill to MUTV, on SAF successor, must have "requisite football experience in terms of domestic and European experience."

dcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdc

Man up, Fady. Fergie's a bully and a cunt, retirement or not.

Still the best manager of all time though, unfortunately.

Premier League Manager of the Month (10): November 2002, September 2004, January 2006, February 2008, February 2009, January 2010, March 2010, October 2010, September 2012, March 2013

Yup, because if there's anything Man Utd fans love, it's Manager of the Month awards.

K1LLER7

@GuardianJamieJ 1m

It's Moyes :(
Hoof-ball and Elbows.

Rumours United are going to announce the manager soon, probably so that fergie's retirement doesn't have a big impact on the stocks.

Antti

Moyes is almost sure to replace SAF. 13/100 (UK), 1.13 (EU) odds to be the new replacement.

Speculation about it being someone else is almost invalid. Something odd has to happen for it to not be Moyes.

faridmon

Ole Gunnar Solskjær tror han vet hvem Manchester United har pekt ut som Sir Alex Fergusons (71) erstatter.

Overfor TV 2 sier Molde-treneren og United-legenden Solskjær at han tror klubben allerede har ansatt en trener.

- Jeg er helt sikker på at de har funnet mannen sin, og jeg tror jeg vet hvem det er, sier Solskjær til TV 2.

- Hvem? spurte TV 2s reporter.

- Det sier jeg ikke til deg, svarte Solskjær kort.

- Helt unikt

På spørsmål om han hadde snakket med United om situasjonen, svarte Solskjær:

- Har snakket med de jeg skal snakke med jeg.

Protokoll:Hva er ditt beste Ferguson-minne?

Solskjær sier at han har lært utrolig mye av den 71 år gamle skotten. De to arbeidet sammen i nesten 14 år.

- Det han har gjort siden han tok over har vært helt unikt. Jeg er stolt over å ha vært med på en del av det, både som spiller og trener. Jeg har lært utrolig mye, sier Solskjær.

En av favorittene

Solskjær er hos engelske bookmakere en av favorittene til å ta over som manager for Manchester United.

Les også: Her er hele historien om Alex Ferguson

Jose Mourinho og David Moyes er de to største favorittene, men også Borussia Dortmund-trener Jürgen Klopp er nevnt.

TV 2-ekspert Ståle Solbakken er sikker på at United har erstatteren klar.

- Det viktigste nå er hvem som erstatter ham, og jeg regner med de har kandidaten klar, sa Solbakken til VG tidligere i dag.

- Hvorfor er du så sikker på det?

- Det vil ligne både United og Ferguson ekstremt dårlig hvis de skulle begynne researchen nå. Det tror jeg ikke på. Jeg er sikker på at de har en mann klar, sa Solbakken.

Offisielt i dag

The Telegraph meldte i går kveld at Alex Ferguson vurderte å trekke seg som United-manager, men klubben svarte ikke på ryktene før i dag tidlig.

Klokken 10.18 la Manchester Uniteds pressekontor ut følgende melding på Twitter:

- Sir Alex Ferguson retires. #thankyousiralex

Like etterpå ble en pressemelding publisert der Fergusons avskjed ble bekreftet.

Holy Shit. He knows who the next manager is.....

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Would they really announce the new manager of the same day as Fergie's retirement?

I doubt they would.

It really doesn't make any sense to me, Sky is purely filling time, anyone who has watched their horrible horrible transfer deadline coverage knows how much bullshit they come up with at times of high speculation.

Feorax

I wonder who is overtaking Everton after Moyes. I hope its a foreign Manager. I wouldn't mind a Spanish or a German.

I reckon Martinez, and he'd be a great appointment too.

The issue will be keeping hold of Baines and Fellaini. Everton have done extremely well this season, the last thing you want is to do what Newcastle have done and end up in the bottom half of the table, needing to start all over again.

In more important news of the day, I went and took a shit in our parlament buildings today, went out and our Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Economic and Interior Affairs walked in right after me, I smiled politely to her, she had no idea what horrors she was about to experience, a real assault on her nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom