• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pkelso 4m
Borussia Dortmund say Jurgen Klopp will not be succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson at #MUFC. "He has always said he will stay until 2016" #bvb

2FGzBQG.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
Moyes with money will be interesting to watch. He's undoubtedly going to get a gift of a high value player for his joining too.

Moyes with money will be interesting to watch. He's undoubtedly going to get a gift of a high value player for his joining too.

I very much doubt that, since no high value player will risk going to Man Utd with Moyes in. They will want to wait and see what happens in the first season.

Unless you consider Fellaini a high value player.

Arnie

Come on Salazar.

Come on.

Say something

Act confused.

Pretend like I haven't been telling you this for over two years.

qindarka

Banned
Moyes to Man Utd, with the team they have...man it's gonna be open house for Chelsea to take over the league with Mou.

Chelsea haven't got Mourinho yet. Even he wouldn't be able to cure their propensity to choke.

Come on Salazar.

Come on.

Say something

Act confused.

Pretend like I haven't been telling you this for over two years.

There will be a time to gloat but I think it's better to wait for confirmation first.

pappe

From Sir Alex Ferguson to Moyes.

From the Greatest Manager of all time to Moyes.

From a Proven Champion to Moyes.

Fuck. Me.

Wes

venison crêpe
@Natpirks 14m (ITV News)
I understand Everton players are resigned to Moyes leaving. He took training amid a 'strange atmosphere' this morning.

Empty

moyes isn't really exciting but he'll do a good job, he fits what we have set up very well and is proven at building consistently good premier league teams.

i'm also glad we're the team taking the chance on moyes instead of just buying in the big name european manager like chelsea and city. i'll be absolutely delighted if he's a success.

qindarka

Banned
Of course he would. And it's obvious Mou is going to Chelsea, where else would he go?

City? PSG? Staying at Madrid if no club is willing to fork out the exorbitant compensation?

And let me tell you about how even Mourinho's Chelsea tended to choke. Back in 06/07, Chelsea twice conceded fairly late equalisers at home to derail their title challenge, 2-2 draws against Fulham and Reading respectively.

Chelsea are going to win the league next year.

No, we won't. We finished miles behind you this season and the last.

pappe

Chelsea will have Mourinho
City will have Mancini or anyone they want
Arsenal will have Wenger.
Bayern will have Pep
Dortmund will have Klopp
Spurs will have AVB.

We will have Moyes.

Fuck.Me.

K1LLER7

moyes isn't really exciting but he'll do a good job, he fits what we have set up very well and is proven at building consistently good premier league teams.

i'm also glad we're the team taking the chance on moyes instead of just buying in the big name european manager like chelsea and city. i'll be absolutely delighted if he's a success.
I want to see what he does with the team. If he changes how we play.

Tbf there ere, and still are, a lot of questions about Mancini. He was basically given two of his Inter titles, and has always been a joke in European football.

Sid Lowe @sidlowe 1m
If Fergie has been involved, which presumably he has, in the (potential) decision to sign Moyes, shouldn't Utd fans trust in Moyes?
Sid Lowe @sidlowe 54s
After all, Fergie has been shown to know a thing or two

Completely agree. My gut reaction is, "Moyes? Really?" But if there is one thing SAF has proven beyond a doubt, is he knows talent and potential when he sees it, and I imagine he had a huge part in deciding his successor.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Moyes will prove you all wrong. I see no reason to believe he wouldn't carry on where Ferguson left off in terms of his style of management. That is the most important thing. If United were to bring in some fruity manager with a fancy CV the transition would be much more awkward. The Ferguson spirit must live on, without it the club will end up like Liverpool and Villa.

Said it before.

Fergie picked Moyes. We get Moyes. Not a problem for me.

I just hope he starts well because I don't think United fans will have much patience at all.

Well Moyes will need to win his first title very quickly and have a decent UCL campaign so he can attract top talent. I don't see a scenario where RVP would have come to United with Moyes in charge in his first season, players go there because of Fergie and Moyes will have some big shoes to fill.

What the United board need to do is stick with their choice, give Moyes time and money to stay ahead of Chelsea and City.

Wes

venison crêpe
Sky Sports News reporter trolling hard by saying Moyes is going to Chelsea.......... to watch the game tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom