• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Said it before.

Fergie picked Moyes. We get Moyes. Not a problem for me.

I just hope he starts well because I don't think United fans will have much patience at all.

Pretty much this.

Should be very interesting, I'll try and be as patient as possible this upcoming season, Fergie did some great stuff winning a title with this years squad.

City? PSG? Staying at Madrid if no club is willing to fork out the exorbitant compensation?

And let me tell you about how even Mourinho's Chelsea tended to choke. Back in 06/07, Chelsea twice conceded fairly late equalisers at home to derail their title challenge, 2-2 draws against Fulham and Reading respectively.

He's not going to PSG lol, it's gonna be England clearly. Everybody knows Rafa is leaving, and Rafe himself said everybody knows who's going to replace him.

It makes sense too, due to his connection. Rafa has been living a bit in the shadow of Mou hasn't he?

Forking over compensation? You seem to believe that Florentino wants to keep Mou...

Choke? Didn't he win 2 of his 3 leagues at Chelsea? How is that choking man. Man UTD will be looking for a new manager in 2 years, book that shit.

Mourinho going to chelsea would suck considering his previous issues there and subsequent departure.

Doesn't strike me as the kind of person who'd willingly go back unless he was 100% in charge, and I can't see that lasting long.

qindarka

Banned
He's not going to PSG lol, it's gonna be England clearly. Everybody knows Rafa is leaving, and Rafe himself said everybody knows who's going to replace him.

It makes sense too, due to his connection. Rafa has been living a bit in the shadow of Mou hasn't he?

Forking over compensation? You seem to believe that Florentino wants to keep Mou...

Choke? Didn't he win 2 of his 3 leagues at Chelsea? How is that choking man.

Well, Madrid have to give him a hefty payout if they sack him so they may hang around for a club to pay compensation and things may reach an impasse that way.

Wes

venison crêpe
@lufc93 22m
@HayleyMcQueen oi fatty get that stupid smug look off your face you fergie loving scum

Check out this account haha

pappe

Everyone saying Moyes is a good choice as he changes nothing. The biggest change that can change is the players might not respect Moyes. SAF is a great man manager he can motivate players to play beyond their capabilities. Can Moyes do it? Will Moyes command the respect that a manager deserves? Will Players WANT to play for him? Will he be able to handle the egoes of superstars like Rooney, RVP and other future superstars?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I would say I miss the '90s, but Conte.

And our current team is so lovable. <3

BJudhg5CUAA0thU.png:large

Tc91

Hasn't sunk in for me, it will when I see someone else leading out the team and standing on the touchline next season.

sohois

For those who remark that Ferguson' knows talent' bear in mind management is an entirely different area to players.

Look at the assistant managers Utd have had, the likes of Steve McLaren & Mike Phelan; look at former players who have gone into management.

Ferguson's eye for talent doesn't seem to really spread past players.

Mastadon

Banned
Moyes is a very good appointment for the reasons that Arnie outlined yesterday. It needs someone competent and low-key to just continue steering the ship rather than a huge ego uprooting everything for short term success and then leaving everything in a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom