• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 1m
United club ambassador Peter Schmeichel has confirmed that David Moyes will be the next United manager. No official confirmation yet.

Peter Schmeichel @Pschmeichel1
And as we're tweeting, confirmation that David Moyes will be named the next Manchester United manager.

Did anyone else hear Schmeichel on SSN? Sounded so sad :(

Mastadon

Banned
I honestly cannot understand Utd fans attitude to Rooney. He's scored 12 goals and has 10 assists in the league this year. That's better than Aguero, Mata, Cazorla, Hazard, Nasri and even Jordan Henderson.

This is despite being in the same team as RVP, who is the focal point for the teams attacking play. Who do you think will replace him?

PowderedToast

308663_517997978258830_697152659_n.jpg

I honestly cannot understand Utd fans attitude to Rooney. He's scored 12 goals and has 10 assists in the league this year. That's better than Aguero, Mata, Cazorla, Hazard, Nasri and even Jordan Henderson.

This is despite being in the same team as RVP, who is the focal point for the teams attacking play. Who do you think will replace him?

If we're lucky Moyes might go for Jack Colback.

sohois

:lol

We're getting Moyes mate, he's barely ever scouted top leagues for talent. Probably doesn't even know who they are. We'll probably get Samaras and Billy Jones.

I daresay that United's scouts and Ferguson himself would have a wide list of potential players already drawn up next season and ready to hand over to the next manager. Besides, one would be surprised if the majority of Utd targets were not very high profile players anyway, even with Moyes's lack of interest in the top leagues he is hardly going to remark: "Messi? Never heard of him. Bring me Adam le Fondre" (replace Messi with famous player of your choice)

edit: I had to look up le Fondre's name, turns out his full name is Glenville Adam James le Fondre. wtf?

qindarka

Banned

He plays further forward then those players except Aguero. He ought to get more goals and direct assists. And stats aren't everything.

qindarka

Banned
What players can we hope to attract with Moyes as manager?

United are champions of England, one of the best teams in Europe with a proven track record of success, have loads of good players with some world-class ones and also have a lot of cash. You will have no problems attracting players. Players don't sign for clubs based solely on who the manager is.

Tc91

I think we've gone a hundred posts from United fans without a formation. Well played team.

-----------------------------DEGOD------------

-----------TONY HIBBERT--RIO--VIDIC--BAINES-----------

---------ZAHA--CARRICK--STROOTZ--KAGAGOD----------

-----------------------------AFRO----------------

---------------------------BIG VIC----------------

MANAGER: MOYES

ASSISTANT: PHIL NEV

CHAMPIONS OF HOOFBALL 2013/14

Feorax

So Liverpool, United, Everton, Spurs, and Chelsea will all have changed managers in the last year and started the rebuilding process. I imagine City will do the same this summer.

Arsenal?

United are champions of England, one of the best teams in Europe with a proven track record of success, have loads of good players with some world-class ones and also have a lot of cash. You will have no problems attracting players. Players don't sign for clubs based solely on who the manager is.

But having said that Baines would be nice.

Bumhead

Banned
What players can we hope to attract with Moyes as manager?

Moyes actually has a good record of signing very good footballers, even on his shoestring resources at Everton.

Signing the right players should actually be one of the least questionable aspects of appointing Moyes. Unquestionably, him and his staff (presumably many of which will follow him to OT) have a keen eye for a player.

Wilbur

Banned
Walked out of my exam early. Entirely underprepared. Gonna email lecturers when I get home and try and sort stuff out. Not enjoying what I'm doing right now.

Re: Moyes. If Gill has gone on record today talking about European experience, why would it be him? Not that I don't think it should hold him back but it would directly contradict Gill.

Tc91

Nando's ‏@NandosUK 5m
In honour of Sir Alex Ferguson we're proud to introduce #NandosFergieTime - all our Manchester Nando's will be open 5 minutes later tonight.

Bloody brilliant.

BJv145kCQAA3UN2.png:large

qindarka

Banned
Walked out of my exam early. Entirely underprepared. Gonna email lecturers when I get home and try and sort stuff out. Not enjoying what I'm doing right now.

Re: Moyes. If Gill has gone on record today talking about European experience, why would it be him? Not that I don't think it should hold him back but it would directly contradict Gill.

Moyes does have European experience in the UEFA Cup. It was a PR statement, they are trying to make the new manager seem more impressive.

Not that I don't think Moyes is a good appointment.

Empty

he has european experience, of a kind

P22 W13 D2 L7 F37 A31

dc89

Chin up Wilbz! You can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom