• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Cheers Spidye

What year are you in? If it's only your first then it would be best if you changed now. It's just awful doing modules you hate; you'll just come out with a shit degree.

However, if you're already on the way to finishing your second year it could be a lot harder to just tell them you want to change stuff up. Most likely they will ask you to retake a year.

Coming to the end of second year. It's gonna be difficult. I'll review all options I guess. Will see what they say. If I can retake the year but do different modules I'll be happy, but some of them are compulsory and I'm shit at them.

WJD

Cheers Spidye

Coming to the end of second year. It's gonna be difficult. I'll review all options I guess. Will see what they say. If I can retake the year but do different modules I'll be happy, but some of them are compulsory and I'm shit at them.

At least it's not Law!

Zabojnik

What's wrong with Moyes? Seems to be a capable manager. It's not like they'll be giving him free reign from the get-go. Fergie will be on the board, no?

Meteorain

Cheers Spidye

Well for those compulsory ones you're just going to sack up and get better at them. At least be hitting 50% at minimum. Having a degree barely helps these days, a not so stellar degree is even worse. Trust me I know :(. You should be able to retake though if it's second year. Just need to convince them you're not gonna sit on your ass all day!

Gonna have to spend less time with one hand on your dick and the other making fantasised formations and more time trying to get better at your work!

Clegg

The Fergie factor was is a big thing for players interested in joining United.

You'd have to wonder if players would now think twice before singing.

operon

Just a shit day altogether. The Fergie news made me cry this morning, I got my paper back and almost did, I looked at the questions in the exam and almost did. I'm just fed up :/ what a shit shit day.

Sorry to bum you out GAF. Enjoy the death of Manchester United. Speak later boys.

Hope you get Uni sorted out

Kenka

I was disappointed to see Stekelenburg leave for Roma, and now Alderweireld is doing the same. What the hell Ajax, even Basel gets it more right than you.

Wilbur

Banned
Well for those compulsory ones you're just going to sack up and get better at them. At least be hitting 50% at minimum. Having a degree barely helps these days, a not so stellar degree is even worse. Trust me I know :(. You should be able to retake though if it's second year. Just need to convince them you're not gonna sit on your ass all day!

Gonna have to spend less time with one hand on your dick and the other making fantasised formations and more time trying to get better at your work!

:lol

Yeah, it's not for me to complain really. I'm lazy. The reason I picked English is because I'm good at writing, I didn't really think of anything past that. So when it came to the module choices and whatnot, I was acting on instinct and laziness rather than any informed decision making. Will just have to apologise profusely, be willing to resit the year, etc. But through a combination of my own choices and the course, I'm just not happy doing it. Gonna try and sort it out.

Hixx

Cheer up Wilbur, it could be worse.

Steve_Bruce_13_280_1341776a.jpg

TrueBlue

Yeah, it's not for me to complain really. I'm lazy. The reason I picked English is because I'm good at writing, I didn't really think of anything past that. So when it came to the module choices and whatnot, I was acting on instinct and laziness rather than any informed decision making. Will just have to apologise profusely, be willing to resit the year, etc. But through a combination of my own choices and the course, I'm just not happy doing it. Gonna try and sort it out.

Good luck man.

Some of the reactions today. My best mate is a United fan and he's lost it

edit: I'll try and copy the conversation

Young is lame
Welbeck is ajoke
Rooney leaving
Hernandez not enough games
Zaha untested
Kagawa small penis [I added this one]
Rafael temper
Giggs fucks his bros sis
Cleverly [he can't spell Cleverley] over rated [or overrated]
Anderson fat
De gae pussy [or De Gea]
We're fucked

Damn wasn't expecting this. I don't know United without Ferguson. I started watching them in the treble season, public TV CL ties here in the country included that incredible Juventus quarter-final, but I fell in love with Man United in the famous 2-1 CL win later that competition against Bayern. It's just my favorite football team outside my country.

With that said I did support Chelsea for a while while Mou and many other Portuguese people were there. I did with Inter, and I support Real Madrid now. It's not just him, many times there's a lot of players and staff from my country too. So I follow his teams as much as ManU and Benfica.

So... 2 + 2 = I'd love if Mourinho was the new coach. He's ready to go to England, and after his tour of Europe winning in all countries, I *really* think he's ready to settle in for something like 5-7 years in England. Plus, he doesn't give a fuck about the burden of the job. He knows he has an incredible record of his own, and with statistics to back him up, plus his well-known personality, he just wouldn't give a fuck about pressure replacing Alex Ferguson. Plus, maybe aside from Madrid, every team he's been at loves him. He knows how to deal with players somehow (again, Real Madrid not quite the case, but then again it might not be entirely his fault). Just this week he had players from former teams supporting him amidst all the chaos in Spain - that means something.

Don't know much about Moyes but he seems like a good coach which had good results with limited resources. But I love ManU and Mourinho and it'd be perfect if he was chosen. Edit: For me at least heh! :D

Meteorain

Yea, you really have to think carefully about what modules you pick. They gotta synergise so you do all the one's you like/feel will help. You put more effort into something you enjoy and that will come if you more easily understand what you're doing. Really the biggest step is the initial one to put just a little bit of effort into the work and then everything falls into place.

Man I can't wait for next season and see my Utd supporter friends blame anything that goes wrong on the lack of Fergie. Hell, even they get only one loss in the season they may lose their shit!

Ingeniero

Just a shit day altogether. The Fergie news made me cry this morning, I got my paper back and almost did, I looked at the questions in the exam and almost did. I'm just fed up :/ what a shit shit day.

Sorry to bum you out GAF. Enjoy the death of Manchester United. Speak later boys.

Man up! At least fergie had a good run and quit while still on top.

Clegg

Moyes will suit the Glazer's down to the ground.

He's known to do well with limited transfer budgets. The Glazer's better not be getting any ideas.

Kyoufu

Moyes will suit the Glazer's down to the ground.

He's known to do well with limited transfer budgets. The Glazer's better not be getting any ideas.

Remember when I said that I don't see you spending big this summer?

Do you doubt me now? :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Wilbury what the fuck.
KuGsj.gif

Clegg

Remember when I said that I don't see you spending big this summer?

Do you doubt me now? :p

I still think we'll spend a big amount this summer so Moyes can shape the team how he sees fit. But after that the budgets will be cut imo.

Mourinho would want lots of money every summer.

Feorax

I still think we'll spend a big amount this summer so Moyes can shape the team how he sees fit. But after that the budgets will be cut imo.

Mourinho would want lots of money every summer.

Always better to do that after the first full season in charge. Look what happened when we gave Kenny the best part of £50 million in summer 2011.

Clegg

Always better to do that after the first full season in charge. Look what happened when we gave Kenny the best part of £50 million in summer 2011.

I think we'll have to spend a lot this summer. We won the league fairly handily but you just know City and Chelsea will blow millions buying quality payers.

We'll need to spend just to make sure we're not overtaken.

K1LLER7

There are people saying strootman deal is done and Zaha is coming in. That's 2 new players there. I could possibly see Baines coming in and then that would be it for the summer.

Shit, imagine supporting a team all your life and yet not knowing what it feels like when the manager changes.

Don't worry, Man Utd bros, we're here.

To laugh.

Wes

venison crêpe
Eder Alvarez Balanta has played 1 month for River Plate, that's 5 games, and that's all it took for Inter to make a bid for him. Crazy.

Tc91

Shit, imagine supporting a team all your life and yet not knowing what it feels like when the manager changes.

Don't worry, Man Utd bros, we're here.

To laugh.

That's the scary thing, all I have known is having Fergie as our manager. All my life. Now he's not gonna be there and Moyes will be on the touchline.

That's why I said it hasn't sunk in yet and will only sink in when I see Moyes vs City in the Community shield.

Clegg

Fergie will be leaving the club in very good condition.

League champions, talented young players and a core of experienced leaders. I think we'll be alright next season.

Can't envision us dropping out of the top 3.

Famous last words etc etc

phaze

Wow Fergie retiring ? Big blow but I dare say foundations of the team are strong.

Moyes was supposed to go to Arse : (

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
One thing is for certain. United are going to concede a penalty next season.

I was just looking through Man United's latest financial filing. Makes for grim reading.

The company made an operating profit of £15m in the latest quarter, then paid out £18m in interest. Over the past 9 months the club has paid £40m in interest.

The worst part is that only £3m worth of the loan capital was paid down over the past three months.

The Glazers need to sell more shares, around £200m worth and use the whole lot to reduce the loan capital or the club will be in big trouble soon. Without Fergie there to attract the top talent and win titles and bring in the big sponsorship bucks the whole train could derail quite fast. The Glazers are dependent on Fergie, and right now would be a good time for the company to issue more shares and bring in more money to pay their loans down a bit.

Spending £18m per quarter on interest payments is absolutely insane and any other club would go bankrupt, and without Fergie, United are just another club, albeit a big one with a good reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom