• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarybore

Can't say I liked Ferguson much as a personality, but he has earned my respect with what he has achieved and it's hard to see anyone coming close to what he has done in today's football environment. Moyes will probably be a good fit, he has done wonders at Everton and deserves a chance at a club that can credibly win trophies year after year.

spidye

Allianz Arena, 5 minutes after the Champions League Final

2OnGoal_GettyImages.jpg

eck_2202600b.jpg

WJD

Walked out of my exam early. Entirely underprepared. Gonna email lecturers when I get home and try and sort stuff out. Not enjoying what I'm doing right now.

Re: Moyes. If Gill has gone on record today talking about European experience, why would it be him? Not that I don't think it should hold him back but it would directly contradict Gill.

What are you doing now/what do you want to change to?

Linius

Great club for Alderweireld, I think he is overrated though. Leagues behind Vertonghen in terms of quality and attitude.

Not as brilliant as Vertonghen but hardly overrated. It's not like people are praising him till infinity. He's just a good defender.

I would have hoped a transfer to some English club. I just really dislike the Serie A :p

confuziz

Banned
Not as brilliant as Vertonghen but hardly overrated. It's not like people are praising him till infinity. He's just a good defender.

I would have hoped a transfer to some English club. I just really dislike the Serie A :p

What do you think the price will be? 6-7 million? or more?

Wilbur

Banned
What are you doing now/what do you want to change to?

English and Creative Writing. Combination of my laziness and compulsory modules being boring means I've hardly turned up to any lectures for English, just got a paper back that was 25% and just went into an exam, realised I know nothing, and left after half an hour.

It's my fault because I'm lazy as fuck, but I went into uni wanting to perhaps be a teacher or a sports journalist, and I've botched everything by doing modules about English language that I have no interest in but are compulsory, not doing the journalism modules because of workload etc. etc.

I'm just not enjoying uni at all right now. So I'm just gonna email a few people and explain my problems, see if I can retake, redo the year, change modules, change courses or whatever. Just need to sort something out because I'm hating it all.

PaulLFC

"Lou Macari on RTE saying that Mourinho, 50, is too old for United and they'll go with the young David Moyes, 50, instead"

:lol

Wilbur

Banned
Just a shit day altogether. The Fergie news made me cry this morning, I got my paper back and almost did, I looked at the questions in the exam and almost did. I'm just fed up :/ what a shit shit day.

Sorry to bum you out GAF. Enjoy the death of Manchester United. Speak later boys.

English and Creative Writing. Combination of my laziness and compulsory modules being boring means I've hardly turned up to any lectures for English, just got a paper back that was 25% and just went into an exam, realised I know nothing, and left after half an hour.

It's my fault because I'm lazy as fuck, but I went into uni wanting to perhaps be a teacher or a sports journalist, and I've botched everything by doing modules about English language that I have no interest in but are compulsory, not doing the journalism modules because of workload etc. etc.

I'm just not enjoying uni at all right now. So I'm just gonna email a few people and explain my problems, see if I can retake, redo the year, change modules, change courses or whatever. Just need to sort something out because I'm hating it all.

I did that. Left after a year, took time out to decide what I really want to do.

Going back to do Computer Science in September (did journalism first time around)!

Meteorain

What year are you in? If it's only your first then it would be best if you changed now. It's just awful doing modules you hate; you'll just come out with a shit degree.

However, if you're already on the way to finishing your second year it could be a lot harder to just tell them you want to change stuff up. Most likely they will ask you to retake a year.

sohois

Seems that way. Still won the league though, can't be that bad.

Who would you like to see us bring in?

I'd rather just keep Skrtel and promote Kelly. Or even Wisdom. I mean, I don't think Williams is a bad player but the prices being quoted are ridiculous, half of the rumoured prices would be fine but not the + £10million you see in the papers. Indeed, to name some other actual targets I've no doubt that Stefan de Vrij or Bruno Martins Indi could be brought for less than that, or perhaps someone like Papadopolous.

spidye

Just a shit day altogether. The Fergie news made me cry this morning, I got my paper back and almost did, I looked at the questions in the exam and almost did. I'm just fed up :/ what a shit shit day.

Sorry to bum you out GAF. Enjoy the death of Manchester United. Speak later boys.

sorry to hear. I hope everything changes for the better for you.
I really do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom