• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

What do United fans want out of next season with Moyes in charge?

Would top 4 just be enough? Top 4 and a trophy? Or will you demand League and European success even with Moyes at the helm.

Top 3 would be just fine as long as there are signs that we can reach the top again. Decent cup run would be nice but just get us in the Champions League and I'll be content for now.

Hopefully without having to resort to a turgid brand of football too.

dc89

Juventus statement on Ferguson:"Considering what SAF said on Juventus,in his achievement there is a bit of Juventus,of our will to win"
At same time,SAF has been a reference point for us,a model,an example.Strange not to play vs him anymore"

@tencredi
Juve & UnitedGAF sworn brothers?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
While Moyes on paper seems like a great choice, there is a bit of danger in going for such a like-for-like choice (Scottish manager from the same coaching school who brings through youth and sets out tactics in the same manner) in that there will always be comparisons. A fresh approach might've just been the smart move.

Sane_Man

The new manager will also get a lot more time than at any other big club, since United fans and the board are more acutely aware of the virtue of patience.

Haha no. Maybe the rare intelligent fan but I've seen so many United fans on so many occasions call for Fergie's head after a few bad results. Hell, a few in here were asking him to retire after the recent loss against chelsea. I'd argue that United fans are more fickle than most in this regard because they only know success and a season or two without a trophy is unthinkable. Moyes has a massively tough job ahead of him.

Wilbur

Banned
Haha no. Maybe the rare intelligent fan but I've seen so many United fans on so many occasions call for Fergie's head after a few bad results. Hell, a few in here were asking him to retire after the recent loss against chelsea. I'd argue that United fans are more fickle than most in this regard because they only know success and a season or two without a trophy is unthinkable. Moyes has a massively tough job ahead of him.

Who the fuck said he should retire? I was pissed off more than anyone, but what?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juventus statement on Ferguson:"Considering what SAF said on Juventus,in his achievement there is a bit of Juventus,of our will to win"
At same time,SAF has been a reference point for us,a model,an example.Strange not to play vs him anymore"

@tencredi
Juve & UnitedGAF sworn brothers?
I posted our whole statement you cunt. You don't need Tancredi for this.

dc89

With new managers at United and Chelsea this summer, City should stick with Mancini.

Stability and all that. We could really kick on. Get the signings done early Txiki and we can start a new dynasty.

WJD

While Moyes on paper seems like a great choice, there is a bit of danger in going for such a like-for-like choice (Scottish manager from the same coaching school who brings through youth and sets out tactics in the same manner) in that there will always be comparisons. A fresh approach might've just been the smart move.

Only problems I have with Moyes are tactical ones. Everything seems far too flat and when things aren't going well, changes are made far too late. Again though I think the whole bringing youth through thing is a bit of a myth.

@Cristiano

Thanks for everything, Boss. pic.twitter.com/WfU1h2Prhb

BJvSjbeCIAAeeUr.jpg

Timurid

With new managers at United and Chelsea this summer, City should stick with Mancini.

Stability and all that. We could really kick on. Get the signings done early Txiki and we can start a new dynasty.

You'll finish last in your UCL group again.

MU facebook

"sir alex macheda fergsuson the bumble king. i respect david moyer but he is fragile like china"

"i feel like wen frodo leaves the shire :((("

"look at th bight side- now maybe we get a central nidfielder to help? nvm forget it im crying"

"but saf is my archangel nd david moyes looks like a gargoyle frm hell :("

"NO if fregaon leaves he shld b fired"

"thank u daddythank , at you make the world of football , be the thing that is attractive for remember , thank you very much , for popcorn ,"

"sir alex, dumbledore n gandalf the 3 wiseman"

pulga

Banned
Beckham Facebook post on SAF:

David Beckham
I've just seen the news on Sir Alex. As I have said many times before the boss wasn't just the greatest and best manager I ever played under he was also a father figure to me from the moment I arrived at the club at the age of 11 until the day I left.

Without him I would never have achieved what I have done in my career. He understood how important it was to play for your country and he knew how much it meant to me.

After '98 without the manager I would have found it virtually impossible to cope with the attention I was getting on and off the field and for this I will always be grateful to him for his support and protection.

I am truly honoured to have been guided by the greatest manager in football and to have had the career that I had under him.

Thank you boss and enjoy the rest!

Clegg

Fergie and Gill have already said they've finalised United's transfer targets. I wonder if things will change now we're getting a new manager.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
MU facebook

"sir alex macheda fergsuson the bumble king. i respect david moyer but he is fragile like china"

"i feel like wen frodo leaves the shire :((("

"look at th bight side- now maybe we get a central nidfielder to help? nvm forget it im crying"

"but saf is my archangel nd david moyes looks like a gargoyle frm hell :("

"NO if fregaon leaves he shld b fired"

"thank u daddythank , at you make the world of football , be the thing that is attractive for remember , thank you very much , for popcorn ,"

"sir alex, dumbledore n gandalf the 3 wiseman"
Loooooooooool

MORE PLEASE

Only problems I have with Moyes are tactical ones. Everything seems far too flat and when things aren't going well, changes are made far too late. Again though I think the whole bringing youth through thing is a bit of a myth.

Other things are a bit of myth when it comes to Moyes: his transfer record isn't overly impressive compared to what similarly cash-strapped teams have done, and Everton's league position doesn't deviate that much from its money league position. As with you, I'd be really worried about his tactical astuteness, especially in Europe. On a man-management level, I think he'd do as fine a job as anyone could following Fergie, and his consistency at Everton has been admirable, but everything else...? If it does happen, I'd hope to see Fergie stay on as Director of Football during Moyes' initial years.

PowderedToast

Beckham Facebook post on SAF:

David Beckham
I've just seen the news on Sir Alex. As I have said many times before the boss wasn't just the greatest and best manager I ever played under he was also a father figure to me from the moment I arrived at the club at the age of 11 until the day I left.

Without him I would never have achieved what I have done in my career. He understood how important it was to play for your country and he knew how much it meant to me.

After '98 without the manager I would have found it virtually impossible to cope with the attention I was getting on and off the field and for this I will always be grateful to him for his support and protection.

I am truly honoured to have been guided by the greatest manager in football and to have had the career that I had under him.

Thank you boss and enjoy the rest!

lol terrible english

faridmon

Other things are a bit of myth when it comes to Moyes: his transfer record isn't that impressive compared to what similarly cash-strapped teams have done, and Everton's league position doesn't deviate that much from its money league position. As with you, I'd be really worried about his tactical astuteness, especially in Europe. On a man-management level, I think he'd do as fine a job as anyone could following Fergie, and his consistency at Everton has been admirable, but everything else...?

Thank you. I have been saying this for while. he might be a great head manager but he is a terrible coach.

Moyes will poach Ross Barkley from Everton.
Nope. find your own talent. Ross is the future of Everton leader.

WJD

Other things are a bit of myth when it comes to Moyes: his transfer record isn't that impressive compared to what similarly cash-strapped teams have done, and Everton's league position doesn't deviate that much from its money league position. As with you, I'd be really worried about his tactical astuteness, especially in Europe. On a man-management level, I think he'd do as fine a job as anyone could following Fergie, and his consistency at Everton has been admirable, but everything else...?

I wonder how possible it is that we bring in a tactically astute assistant in the Queiroz mould alongside him? Would certainly make me feel a whole lot better about the whole thing.

Meier

Nope. find your own talent. Ross is the future of Everton leader.

Brenton paid £15m for Joe Allen when no one else wanted him. You guys got £12m out of us for Rodlol and he's probably never going to stay healthy. Barkley's transfer will get you a nice fee out of it if/when it happens.

Would be happy with Moyes or Mou for very different reasons.
Would be good to see someone a bit left field for the Prem though, somewhat of an exciting unknown quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom