• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Surely he pulled his hamstring at this moment, no?

He was immense last night. Seriously - if he can keep fit there's a brilliant midfielder in him.

stadsgaard1puqj.gif

:lol

Bumhead

Banned
Haha no. Maybe the rare intelligent fan but I've seen so many United fans on so many occasions call for Fergie's head after a few bad results. Hell, a few in here were asking him to retire after the recent loss against chelsea. I'd argue that United fans are more fickle than most in this regard because they only know success and a season or two without a trophy is unthinkable. Moyes has a massively tough job ahead of him.

I think at times like this its important to differentiate between Manchester United supporters. United's core has never questioned Sir Alex and he has always commanded respect for his achievements. To the Old Trafford faithful - and to be fair millions of others as well - he is, always has been and always will be a legend.

Unfortunately because of who Manchester United are, they attract a significant proportion of "fans" who are quite happy to buy their club branded coffee mug, club branded bed sheets and club branded ringtones, but who know fuck all about football. Some of them are out in full force today and I suspect any fickleness will have come from them.

Meier

He was immense last night. Seriously - if he can keep fit there's a brilliant midfielder in him.

He played like a man possessed. Very reminiscent of that game where he played for about 60 minutes and then got injured in the next one.. lol.

Edit: It was the Chelsea game.

SAF needs to manage England before he completely retires.

It's your one shot at glory, britcunts.

Couple of things. (maybe you are taking the piss, I can't tell).

1) Britcunts doesn't equal England. Britain is made up of Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England. I can't speak for NI or Wales but most Scots have no interest in seeing England win the world cup. Every time a WC rolls around the English media hype up Englands chances and bang on about 1966. Which wouldn't be a problem if a) England actually had a chance in hell of winning and b) If the 1966 stuff hadn't already been done to death. Plus its funny seeing parts of England work their way into a deluded sense of hope only to come crashing back on the rocks of reality. There is plenty of schadenfreude in seeing England fail, a view shared by most Scots.

2) SAF is Scottish. I'm sure from a PR perspective and for his Man U players he might say he wants England to win. But the reality is he's a Scot and he doesn't really give a shit. He's said before he wouldn't manage England and he certainly won't now.

So the English better get used to being managed by mediocre English managers for a while. Until the English get away from obsessing over box to box players akin to Gerrard and Lampard and realise that glory actually lies with playmakers in the mould of Scholes and Carrick (and Wiltshire) they won't be winning anything for a while.

Zenit is pretty damn horrible.

#RussianTeamsSuck
Yet your boys lost to us and Spartak last time they came to Russia.

#OnlyGoodForBullyingNonExistentPortugueseLeagueOpposition
They played terribly against us, but we were equally terrible at taking our chances in the away leg.

Expected much more of a team assembled on such a budget, though. That they happily play on such a terrible surface sums them up.
We did play quite poorly. But we were quite rusty since it was our first games in three months. And there is a reason the winter break exists, the pitch is shit because it was fucking February in St. Petersburg.

#SoreLoser
Moscow teams are absolutely worthless. The rest of the league is actually decent minus Anzhi.
wat

Arnie

We did play quite poorly. But we were quite rusty since it was our first games in three months. And there is a reason the winter break exists, the pitch is shit because it was fucking February in St. Petersburg.

#SoreLoser

Forgot it was your first game back, which is fair enough. Still think you could employ ground staff to look after that pitch; what's wrong with putting a cover over it? It's fucking horrendous. As a country you aren't going to climb out of your footballing mire if you don't find a solution to boggy grass.

Moyes meeting Kenwright in London is the latest in #prophecywatch. Why the fuck is Kenwright in London? He loves his West End nonsense, doesn't he.

Forgot it was your first game back, which is fair enough. Still think you could employ ground staff to look after that pitch; what's wrong with putting a cover over it? It's fucking horrendous. As a country you aren't going to climb out of your footballing mire if you don't find a solution to boggy grass.

The league season resumed a whole month after our home game with Liverpool and the pitch was fine by then. And lol at you thinking there was no cover over the pitch or anything, I repeat, winter in St. Petersburg.

I remember a month in a half ago Russia had to play an away qualifier to Ireland. It snowed for two days and they had to cancel it because the pitch was shit. Two days, lol. I guarantee you for example that our grounds staff would have had the pitch ready to play.

shitty Russian pitches. and cold.

we beat both at home.

So basically if Benfica had to play in the Russian League they'd be midtable. They'd have a Moyes-like away record against decent opposition.

Your national team lost too when they played in Russia last year. Can't handle even a bit of adversity.

Can't believe we lost to this mediocre Anzhi team. Looking more and more likely that this will be a trophyless season. Only CSKA choking can save us now. Go Loko!

Turok_TTZ

Anyone who didn't see this coming is blind and a fool. called it last year, though I said one of two would leave, i didn't expect it would be higuain. fan favorite and mou likes him alot I understand. I thought for sure it would be Benzema as mou had problems with him from the very start. Glad I'm wrong. Prefer Benz to higuain.
Can't say how Higuain would do in serie a. Higuain can't handle a well organised physical defense. Serie A defense not loose like la liga. I imagine he will struggle first before he will succeed. No doubt he can succeed though, he has the skillset required to succeed.

Makes me real concerned that we are going into the market for a cf only to have this same fucking scenario play out again. burning money is what we do in madrid :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom