• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

Madrid make neymar #1 priority

Gareth bale for 90m euroes? GET THAT SHIT OUTTA HERE. he is not worth 90 million euroes. madness.
nerman for even more than that? fuck that shit.
Also I hear we dropped out of cavani since napoli won't budge on their 60+million evaluation. we might bite if ancelotti comes though.

god damn inflation of the transfer market! totally our fault :(

pulga

Banned
Anyone who didn't see this coming is blind and a fool. called it last year, though I said one of two would leave, i didn't expect it would be higuain. fan favorite and mou likes him alot I understand. I thought for sure it would be Benzema as mou had problems with him from the very start. Glad I'm wrong. Prefer Benz to higuain.
Can't say how Higuain would do in serie a. Higuain can't handle a well organised physical defense. Serie A defense not loose like la liga. I imagine he will struggle first before he will succeed. No doubt he can succeed though, he has the skillset required to succeed.

Makes me real concerned that we are going into the market for a cf only to have this same fucking scenario play out again. burning money is what we do in madrid :\

You called one out of two strikers leaving?

You bloody fortune teller. Must have the greensight.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
'cause is brand-new, isn't it. It'll soon look like this:

632891572.jpg
Because it's safe and the audience is close to the pitch yo

Kyoufu

Gareth bale for 90m euroes? GET THAT SHIT OUTTA HERE. he is not worth 90 million euroes. madness.
Also I hear we dropped out of cavani since napoli won't budge on their 60+million evaluation. we might bite if ancelotti comes though.

What evaluation? I thought Cavani has a release clause?

chelseafc: The @chelseafc team: Cech; Azpi, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole; Ramires, David Luiz; Oscar, Mata, Hazard; Torres. #CFC[/QUE]

chelseafc: Subs: Turnbull, Terry, Lampard, Ake, Moses, Benayoun, Ba. #CFC

Interesting after what Rafa said that Romeu isn't even on the bench...

pulga

Banned
At this point, Ive no idea who Madrid should bring in as a CF. If we only get Bale, I could see the next manager molding Cristiano into a CF and leading us with a

--------CR7
Bale - Ozil - Di Maria

Does Bale normally play LW or RW?

jtb

Banned
At this point, Ive no idea who Madrid should bring in as a CF. If we only get Bale, I could see the next manager molding Cristiano into a CF and leading us with a

--------CR7
Bale - Ozil - Di Maria

Does Bale normally play LW or RW?

I thought Ronaldo disliked playing center forward?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Good team from AVB, that's what we need. 3 in the middle, Ade to hold the ball up. Bench is decent today as well, a few good attacking options.

Sane_Man

I think at times like this its important to differentiate between Manchester United supporters. United's core has never questioned Sir Alex and he has always commanded respect for his achievements. To the Old Trafford faithful - and to be fair millions of others as well - he is, always has been and always will be a legend.

Unfortunately because of who Manchester United are, they attract a significant proportion of "fans" who are quite happy to buy their club branded coffee mug, club branded bed sheets and club branded ringtones, but who know fuck all about football. Some of them are out in full force today and I suspect any fickleness will have come from them.

Yep, I agree. I think all clubs have this same divide, but particularly top performing clubs. The main problem is that the clueless/fickle fans are always the most vocal, and most adamant on getting their opinions out there which gives the whole fanbase a bad reputation. That goes for Liverpool fans, Newcastle fans, Spurs fans, etc. Social media in particular has skewed the way we look at football fans because the majority of what we see is usually the very worst of a club's fanbase and the less outspoken and reactionary majority of tarred with the same brush.

Turok_TTZ

You called one out of two strikers leaving?

You bloody fortune teller. Must have the greensight.

I actually called benz leaving and higuain only to leave in the event he didn't get the starter role/ has a fit with mou. I fully expected the former to happen. certainly not the latter. did you miss last summer where higuain threatened to leave? did you miss that? It was quite a big deal. especially since he made it public. no need for insiders/rumours when the very man in question is talking publicly. the ball was set moment higuain did that. either give him the starter role or he quits. Mourinho appeased higuain and gave him the nod in the beginning of the season but... then he started rotating like a fool, kept rotating, and now we have this mess going on. I don't need to be a fortune teller to see what would happen when you fail to give assurances to your strikers. I didn't expect mou to rotate. no one did. I really thought he would pick one guy and roll with him but mou continued with his inane rotating policy.

why do you think higuain wants to leave? he isn't getting regular time and he can certainly find it elsewhere without dealing with mou's crap. He would have zero competition in juve. he would be a starter, what more could he ask? he gets what he seeks and conte will not play games with higuain.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Storari, Caceres, Marrone, Chiellini, Isla, Padoin, Pirlo, Giaccherini, De Ceglie, Quagliarella, & Matri

YOLO

Arnie

why do you think higuain wants to leave? he isn't getting regular time and he can certainly find it elsewhere without dealing with mou's crap. He would have zero competition in juve. he would be a starter, what more could he ask?

With Llorente there he might not.

I don't know who I want to win....

Chelsea losing at home would be fun.

But so would Tottenham choking at the final hurdle again.

...plus then it'll be even easier to pry Bale away to Old Trafford....

Come on Chelsea!

pulga

Banned
I actually called benz leaving and higuain only to leave in the event he didn't get the starter role/ has a fit with mou. I fully expected the former to happen. certainly not the latter. did you miss last summer where higuain threatened to leave? did you miss that? It was quite a big deal. especially since he made it public. no need for insiders/rumours when the very man in question is talking publicly. the ball was set moment higuain did that. either give him the starter role or he quits. Mourinho appeased higuain and gave him the nod in the beginning of the season but... then he started rotating like a fool, kept rotating, and now we have this mess going on. I don't need to be a fortune teller to see what would happen when you fail to give assurances to your strikers. I didn't expect mou to rotate. no one did. I really thought he would pick one guy and roll with him but mou continued with his inane rotating policy.

why do you think higuain wants to leave? he isn't getting regular time and he can certainly find it elsewhere without dealing with mou's crap. He would have zero competition in juve. he would be a starter, what more could he ask? he gets what he seeks and conte will not play games with higuain.

The thing is though, it was fucking obvious to a blind mans chicken one of both was going to leave. I just find it hilarious you acting as if you called the lottery or something. It was OBVIOUS lol.

Turok_TTZ

With Llorente there he might not.

Llorente isn't better than higuain and for what Juve is looking for, I imagine Higuain fits the bill much more than Llorente. Higuain is a consistent goalscorer in la liga, something Llorente hasn't really nailed down. Juve want goals in serie a, higuain is more likely to provide them. a targetman vs a pure 9. I thought juventus were looking for a pure 9. that classic 9 is higuain.

The thing is though, it was fucking obvious to a blind mans chicken one of both was going to leave. I just find it hilarious you acting as if you called the lottery or something. It was OBVIOUS lol.
actually had mourinho stuck with benz and not bothered to appease higuain, higuain would have been sold off in the previous winter transfer window.
What changed everything was when mou was starting higuain ahead of benz despite benz scoring his 32 goals. Benz was furious. it was all over french radio. Zidane and Flo had to personally talk with benz and calmed him down before shit escalated any further. Benz wanted to leave but the glorious pair of Zidane and flo talked him out of it but only for this season. Benz was furious he lost what he earned. mou tried to appease benz like he did higuain and the only thing he got out of that was pissing off both parties.

This could have easily been the benz leaving. I was dead sure he was the one leaving. But it seems Higuain got fed up with it all first. Dude was rejecting contract talks, not committing to madrid. His father speaking frustrations in his son's stead. Benzema stayed classy and kept quiet. Stayed true to madrid even when he has been wronged. Do you not find it a funny coincidence that after speculation roared that mou was leaving, Benzema's agent moved to assure that he is staying? Stayed quiet all season, denied all rumours, and only now committing to madrid? no coincidence. Mou is leaving, Benzema is happy. Benz biding his time seems to had payed off. higuain cracked first.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Llorente and Ibra will shit on your Higuain.

PURGE HIM SIR PULGA

Blablurn

lol, just found out that lionel messi is the manager of argentina in my football manager save. i cannot see this happening in real life. especially not in 2027.

Llorente isn't better than higuain and for what Juve is looking for, I imagine Higuain fits the bill much more than Llorente. Higuain is a consistent goalscorer in la liga, something Llorente hasn't really nailed down. Juve want goals in serie a, higuain is more likely to provide them. a targetman vs a pure 9. I thought juventus were looking for a pure 9. that classic 9 is higuain.

Juve have shown that they don't need a good striker to win in Serie A. They need someone to step up in the CL and Higuain....lol

jtb

Banned
Good team from AVB, that's what we need. 3 in the middle, Ade to hold the ball up. Bench is decent today as well, a few good attacking options.

Adebayor is shit.

also when did you get your tag? I see ChiTownBuffalo also got one lol

lol, Rafinha was suspended for one more game. Stupid pos..

Kuba is one cold blooded mofo :)

------
Chelsea finishing in CL ranks increases the chances of a Lewandowski transfer (with de Bruyne going our way) so go Chelski!

Levy is smart. Using ronaldo comparisons to jack up the price to his level lol

I'm sure his goal is not to sell though. Bale certainly isn't worth the money.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Things I learned from Turok_ITK

1-Stinger
2-Pure 9 vs Targetman

Juve have shown that they don't need a good striker to win in Serie A. They need someone to step up in the CL and Higuain....lol

MY MAN AGAIN

We're only behind Roma in 'goals scored' too.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Adebayor is shit.

also when did you get your tag? I see ChiTownBuffalo also got one lol

Ade's poop at finishing but he can hold the ball up. Defoe is useless in pressure games, in 90 minutes against Southampton he had the same number of touches that Ade had in 25 minutes. AVB has made the right call with this team, it's the one with the best chance of a win.

D_prOdigy

Would be totes impressed with Spurs if they won this one. They might then not actually fuck it all up.

The victory against City was really something, but it looks like it's all gonna be undone by results like 2-2 against Wigan and 0-1 against fucking Fulham. Is that a 'typical Spurs' thing?

GQman2121

Banned
Just had an MRI on my foot. Now I'm hurrying to the pub to watch. A bunch of us are meeting at the Spurs pub for this one. Should be interesting.....

Blablurn

I don't want to imagine Hoeneß leaving us.

But I guess he will. What a sad day that will be.

The only time I was moved was when Oliver Kahn retired.

oh yeah, when kahn left i shed some tears too : ( and u r right, hoeneß leaving us will be a sad sad day. im glad it didnt happen yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom