• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Nah, it's not good for them. Chelsea and Arsenal have winnable games left with Chelsea only needing one more.

Considering they were favourites to lose, a point is better than nothing and will be a good morale booster. Both of Arsenal's games are tricky ones against relegation candidates, and Spurs' games are no different. Stoke away will be a tricky one for them.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea will win their last two games. I think the Arsenal games could go either way, I really do; I have as much faith in them winning them both as I do Wigan nicking a draw. And Spurs will win unless they do a Spurs and bottle it.

Would love to see Spurs instead of Arsenal.

jtb

Banned
Chelsea practically guaranteed CL football at this point. Rafa's done what's expected of him, all things considered. Now let's just not fuck this up and next season might be decent.

Wilbur

Banned
Palermo confirmed down? Damn :/ sorry Wooden. At least you'll have two teams in the CL next season.

Gonna turn on FIFA now. Will just edit my pro a bit.

Suen

Bale lost Fergie and the CL spot in the same day. Condolances.
He'll get plenty of CL time with us next season. A Chelsea win would have been better but we can absolutely not afford to screw our remaining games. Arse-GAF, we are not playing against the big teams but knowing how we can be sometimes anything is possible. We have to fucking win it or we can kiss CL bye. I believe we can do it!

SS7-6-Wenger.jpg

Meier

Arsenal losing or drawing to Wigan and Newcastle seems nearly impossible. Chelsea could drop points to Everton on the final day though.. that'd be interesting. Spurs should win their final two but Stoke at home can always be tricky. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out but I just can't see Arsenal missing 3rd or 4th now. Lucky devils.

FIRE SALE IN PALERMOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully Cairo jumps on that shit.

Maybe City will get Dybala now.

Kyoufu

Arsenal losing or drawing to Wigan and Newcastle seems nearly impossible. Chelsea could drop points to Everton on the final day though.. that'd be interesting.

Spurs should win their final two but Stoke at home can always be tricky. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out but I just can't see Arsenal missing 3rd or 4th now. Lucky devils.

Wouldn't be surprised if Wigan beat Arsenal but if the rumours of Martinez leaving for Everton is true then the players will be bummed out and not play at 100%.

Wilbur you knob.

The expectation next year is that we retain the title. If we don't Moyes isn't a failure or anything, but that's the expectation for the club.

Get ready for any minor set back to be dressed up as the end of MUFC though. In fact it'll probably be our fans who will be the worst for it.

Boo. Not a bad result for Spurs but a draw tonight was basically pointless WRT the top 4. I wouldn't have made much difference if we'd lost.

Not exactly. If we had lost then Arsenal could afford to drop 2 points, i.e. draw against Wigan or Newcastle. I had a feeling we'd be looking at that game and needing Newcastle to do us a favour. The positive from this result is that they've got a slightly better chance of getting a point than winning.

Suen

Palermo - Udinese: 2-3. Bad result for Wooden, surprised Di Natale did not score any of the goals but I read he missed a penalty.

Inter being shit as usualy this late in the season with the bad luck of having lots of key players injured.

Best news for me: Rosi scores in the 80th minute giving Parma victory! Thanks Roma! We're in 10th place, could have been much better if we weren't so atrocious in our away games. Still that fucking Inter win at San Siro several weeks ago was some really bad luck. Forza Parma!

130px-Parma_FC_logo.svg.png

Wilbur

Banned
Arsenal losing or drawing to Wigan and Newcastle seems nearly impossible. Chelsea could drop points to Everton on the final day though.. that'd be interesting. Spurs should win their final two but Stoke at home can always be tricky. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out but I just can't see Arsenal missing 3rd or 4th now. Lucky devils.

Chelsea have Everton at home, it isn't happening. I'd easy have said Wigan to draw if the FA Cup final wasn't sandwiched in between. Newcastle fighting for their lives might be awkward, but it'll more than likely be Arsenal.

Chelsea are 100% in, Arsenal like 70%. Two trickier ties than they look on paper I think.

I don't know why he took all the set plays. Delivery was shite, Bale should have taken all of them.

I'd rather have Holtby or Vertonghen for the longer free kicks. For ones on the side of the box Bale, why wasn't Hudd whipping it towards goal?

We're the shittest team at defending set pieces and shittest team at taking them.

He'll get plenty of CL time with us next season. A Chelsea win would have been better but we can absolutely not afford to screw our remaining games. Arse-GAF, we are not playing against the big teams but knowing how we can be sometimes anything is possible. We have to fucking win it or we can kiss CL bye. I believe we can do it!

I am so fucking scared man.

We have actually been pretty poor going forward recently but our defence has allowed us to win games only scoring 1 or 2 goals. If our defenders crack under the pressure, which they have been known to do once or twice(!), we may be in trouble. I will watch both matches in a state of absolute fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom