• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

scently

UTD fans, you guys are unbelievable. You want us to sell Rooney, really? I get that he hasn't played the best football this season, mostly due to fitness, injury and attitude, but he is top quality and his stats are impressive despite the withdrawn role/position he currently plays.

CL for us! It can happen after this shit season!!!

It better, or I will be angry! :lol

Time mostly. Also was during the time I was more into movies. It wasn't until two years back I started watching more and more TV shows. Still have to catch up with classics like Six Feet Under, The Sopranos, Deadwood, The Wire, The Shield etc.
Fair enough. Also those are some amazing TV shows, especially the Wire and Deadwood :D

Wilbur

Banned
UTD fans, you guys are unbelievable. You want us to sell Rooney, really? I get that he hasn't played the best football this season, mostly due to fitness, injury and attitude, but he is top quality and his stats are impressive despite the withdrawn role/position he currently plays.

I mostly want to sell him because he openly wanted to go to Manchester City and made it public.

jtb

Banned
Can't see Rooney going anywhere other than PSG if only because his wage demands must be ludicrous. Roman might spend the money on him if he can't get Falcao, I guess, but I'd be very surprised if he moved to Chelsea.

Arnie

I agree that he's a top quality player, but he's behaved like a cunt for a while now, and honestly I'm surprised Ferguson didn't ship him out. Obviously him and Moyes don't get on, so he has to go, the club doesn't need such friction going forwards.

Moyes needs a smooth start.

D_prOdigy

I think the fitness and attitude thing are concerns that transcend just one season. I've lost faith that they're going to do anything other than get worse at this point.

I don't actively want him out, I just wouldn't be that bothered to see him go. I do think he's played a lot more football than he's deserved this season though.

Wes

venison crêpe
Woa, seriously who is that?..

iZgX7DXl8zUUj.gif

Mostly due to injury and fitness which is a problem because of his attitude.

I don't want him gone at any price - but I'm open to it.

Definitely feels like a case of diminishing returns to me.

WJD

Rooney going wouldn't break my heart but if he goes to Chelsea then I'll consider him a monumental cunt. Do think Bayern would be a really good fit for him; he's a fantastic finisher and I'm still adamant his best position is right up top. They'd be a truly, truly fearsome team with him involved.

Rooney going wouldn't break my heart but if he goes to Chelsea then I'll consider him even more of a cunt. Do think Bayern would be a really good fit for him; he's a fantastic finisher and I'm still adamant his best position is right up top. They'd be a truly, truly fearsome team with him involved.
I don't see Pep wanting him.

At all.

Meier

Pantilimon wants to leave in the summer to get more regular football. I can't blame him by any means, but fuck it, if he's off let Joe start.

‘The technical staff and everyone know that I want to leave after the season is finished,’ he said.

‘I don’t know if Saturday will be my last game for the club, it depends on what happens. I am only sure that I want to play – that’s what is best for me.

‘For a keeper it is difficult. Players in other positions get to play for a few minutes but it’s not like that for a keeper.

‘I’m happy I’m here but it’s normal that I want to play. I am young, not 35 or something waiting to finish my career.

‘The manager of the national team tells me every time I speak to him “please try to play more” so it’s also important for my country as well as for my career.’

Apparently we're still interested in Will Hughes and are looking to buy him and then immediately loan him back to Derby for another season. I'd be happy with that. No way he'd actually get any minutes for the first team for another year or two at least.

Scum

Mostly due to injury and fitness which is a problem because of his attitude.

I don't want him gone at any price - but I'm open to it.

Definitely feels like a case of diminishing returns to me.
[FM] Has a future at the club but will only sell at the right price.[/FM]

Wes

venison crêpe
@OllieHolt22 20m
Rooney's representatives been talking to Bayern for some time. Chelsea have only just made their interest known.

@GuardianJamieJ 3m
Wayne Rooney asked SAF to leave #mufc a fortnight ago. Was told no. Spokesperson told the Guardian: "Wayne Rooney is not for sale".

Too much smoke for there not to be fire.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm pissed. Spurs aren't going to get 3rd or 4th place.

It's not in our hands but it's not over. All Arsenal have to do is draw one game and we can do it. They have been lucky, like us they aren't playing that well but are grinding out wins. We need to take the confidence from today's draw forward and focus on our game.

There will be no Fulop antics this time.

Wes

venison crêpe
@SkySportsNews
Everton chairman Bill Kenwright tells #SSN "deal not done" for David Moyes to join Manchester United

Not that I think it matters. Moyes is out of contract at the end of the year. Just means Moyes wont be able to do any pre-season scouting or work at Old Trafford before June 1st.

Meier

LMAO, the Daily Mail ran an article with the results of some different simulations in Football Manager with Mourinho, Kloppp, Moyes, etc. as the United manager next season. They're too funny. :lol

Moyes would bring TWO trophies to United in his first season, Mourinho would lose the League to rivals City and Klopp would be SACKED... according to a Football Manager computer simulation, that is

scently

Rooney going wouldn't break my heart but if he goes to Chelsea then I'll consider him a monumental cunt. Do think Bayern would be a really good fit for him; he's a fantastic finisher and I'm still adamant his best position is right up top. They'd be a truly, truly fearsome team with him involved.

The bolded is why I have really admired him as a player. He is a top class finisher who has, at various times in his career at old trafford, been asked to play in a position which is not his best. The two seasons in which he has played as our main striker he has scored 30+ goals.

Kyoufu

LMAO, the Daily Mail ran an article with the results of some different simulations in Football Manager with Mourinho, Kloppp, Moyes, etc. as the United manager next season. They're too funny. :lol

A simulator had us beating Sunderland in the Tyne-Wear derby and finishing 10th.

Fuck that.

sixghost

It'll be interesting to see how Moyes does long term when he's not forced to sell everytime a 15m bid comes in for a player. Tough break for Van Persie though.

Wilbur

Banned
Sleepless - http://giggsboson.tumblr.com/post/39737616779/david-moyes-heir-apparent

@OllieHolt22 20m
Rooney's representatives been talking to Bayern for some time. Chelsea have only just made their interest known.

@GuardianJamieJ 3m
Wayne Rooney asked SAF to leave #mufc a fortnight ago. Was told no. Spokesperson told the Guardian: "Wayne Rooney is not for sale".

Too much smoke for there not to be fire.

If this is all true, I want the cunt gone. Second time...

@SkySportsNews
Everton chairman Bill Kenwright tells #SSN "deal not done" for David Moyes to join Manchester United

Not that I think it matters. Moyes is out of contract at the end of the year. Just means Moyes wont be able to do any pre-season scouting or work at Old Trafford before June 1st.

and this will just mean what you say, yeah

Clegg

So Rooney wants to leave but Fergie said no?

If he really wants to leave than I can't see how we could stop him. He's 27 and has 2 years left on his contract. If he stayed on for another season without signing an extension then his price would be go down by millions.

This summer might be the best time to sell him.

Requeim

So Rooney wants to leave but Fergie said no?

If he really wants to leave than I can't see how we could stop him. He's 27 and has 2 years left on how contract. If he stayed on for another season without signing an extension then his price would be go down by millions.

This summer might be the best time to sell him.

If the 30 mil rumor is true, i would drive him to munich myself. Pick up Gundogan on the way back

Clegg

Rooney said a while ago that he wanted to stay at United and now these stories come out about a transfer request?

He's spitting in the face of the club and its fans.

We have to get a star back if we sell Rppmey. Like it or not, Rppmey has star power. Players want to play with all the flashy names. No Rppmey and no Fergie could mess up our possible transfers.

Also, Ronaldo's favorite teammate was Rppmey.

Meteorain

Rooney said a while ago that he wanted to stay at United and now these stories come out about a transfer request?

I think that's just residual liquids when he's stuffing his face with all those burgers.

Wes

venison crêpe

He's burning bridges. He's got his lighter out and burning through the rope supports to his end of the bridge.

Luckily on the other side of the ravine Fergie has already handed Moyes a chainsaw.

Rooney wants to go. Most United fans want him to go. Moyes took him to court.

What's the problem.

Send him to Paris and let him eat himself out the box.

If the 30m is true we've gone completely insane. We've lost our minds.

Rppmey is a great striker and better than any of your strikers. That's if he plays up front. He hasn't got many goals this season because RVP has been the furthest forward striker similar to 2010-11 when Chicharito was the furthest up the pitch. In 2012 and 2010 he got a shit load of goals playing up front.

Clegg

All the papers will be doing special pullouts on Fergies managerial career.

The Guardian have a 20 page special ready for tomorrow.

Wes

venison crêpe
OR, Rooney is actually so fiercly loyal to Manchester United he's making personal sacrifices to go covert agent and he'll disrupt Bayern from the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom