• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
United have confirmed that they have been finalising their transfer targets for this summer. But the retirement of Fergus could change things a little bit. Would potential targets still be interested on coming to United? I think they would but you can never be 100% sure. There is a big attraction in joining a club managed by one if the all time greats.

And would Moyes agree with the targets SAF and Gill had identified?

It would depend on the target. Falcao might but someone like Strootman wouldn't.

Clegg

I wouldn't be torn up if Rooney left. He's still a quality player but he's treated the club like shit over the past couple of years. If we got a good fee then I'd be happy enough to see him go. There's also a niggling thought in the back of my mind that he's going to face a sharp decline as soon as his legs go. I'd rather we didn't sell him to a Premier League team though.

Can't wait for the new AD! Really hope it's good, been re-watching the series over the past couple of weeks with Wilbz, brilliant stuff.

Gene Parmesan is the best side-character ever :lol :lol :lol

dc89

do you mean giorgo's song? sounds so retro

did he really want to play for city? I've always thought that was just some silly rumor

You get different answers depending on who you speak to.

But I think he was close to signing for City. It's at the time we were throwing money around like it was worthless. We hadn't won anything and it would have been classed as an out of this world signing.

So yeah, I think he was close to coming.

spidye

You get different answers depending on who you speak to.

But I think he was close to signing for City. It's at the time we were throwing money around like it was worthless. We hadn't won anything and it would have been classed as an out of this world signing.

So yeah, I think he was close to coming.

just seems so odd to me. I 've always thought of him as a loyal united player.
someone who'd never leave the team he loved. especially for the local rival

Arnie

someone who'd never leaves the team he loved. especially for the local rival

Everton fan, born and raised, leaves the club at the first opportunity.

Handed in numerous transfer requests at United.

He's as loyal as Berlusconi's sperm.

Wilbur

Banned
someone who'd never leaves the team he loved. especially for the local rival

Dumb, misinformed, greedy, cheating, violent, toerag, overhyped, unfit, fat, disloyal cunt

so napoli secured automatic CL qualification today. i hope they use the cavani money to really improve the team. they will go out in the group stages without cavani and, for that matter, a proper lavezzi replacement (ie. not pandev).

WJD

On another note, I've had three coffees today which I didn't think was a lot but I'm still buzzing and can't sleep. Is this normal or am I just a wuss?

Arnie

On another note, I've had three coffees today which I didn't think was a lot but I'm still buzzing and can't sleep. Is this normal or am I just a wuss?

Coffee's mad.

Back in January during deadline period I needed them to keep me going but I was absolutely buzzing, and then crashing, and then buzzing. Sometimes I'd be wide awake in half my head, and zombied in the other. Crazy drink.

The people who need one every day shock me. Just have a coke, or a cup of tea, or something. Coffee's an extreme.

jtb

Banned
Coffee's mad.

Back in January during deadline period I needed them to keep me going but I was absolutely buzzing, and then crashing, and then buzzing. Sometimes I'd be wide awake in half my head, and zombied in the other. Crazy drink.

The people who need one every day shock me. Just have a coke, or a cup of tea, or something. Coffee's an extreme.

nah, Coke is worse than coffee. packed with sugar, so you crash pretty quick (and the caffeine wears off quicker since there's less of it).

Kyoufu

Coffee's mad.

I had one of those mini diet coke cans yesterday. Went into overdrive all night. Only got 4 hours of sleep. Never again.

WJD

Coffee's mad.

I normally just get one on the way to the library in the morning and it doesn't seem to have a huge effect on me (tastes damn good though) but today I'm bouncing off the walls and even got the shakes when I popped into Spar for a sausage roll.

faridmon

Come on guys. I am not that hated around here, am I? I may have an important massage from someone and I have to check it as soon as possible!

Arnie

nah, Coke is worse than coffee. packed with sugar, so you crash pretty quick (and the caffeine wears off quicker since there's less of it).
Aye, the sugar's a bit guff, that's why I've stopped drinking Red Bull (crash is too great).

Would definitely rather have a coke than a coffee on an average day though, just because the effects aren't as pronounced.
I had one of those mini diet coke cans yesterday. Went into overdrive all night. Only got 4 hours of sleep. Never again.
A mini diet coke can had you in frenzy mode?

and even got the shakes when I popped into Spar for a sausage roll.
Probably just the excitement.

defel

Danny Boyle's brilliant. Though I've heard Trance is poo poo.

And Arizona for 2 months doing conservation work
Then LA to San Fran to DC to NYC over a 3 week period

Feel like I harp on about this too much but I can't contain myself so fuck it

Awesome are you on the J1 work and travel visa? I did that last year and in 2011. Best summers of my life xD

Empty

so rooney hands in transfer request because he doesn't think the club is ambitious enough in the transfer market. then we sign van persie and he hands another one in because he's no longer the star man? fuck off.

jtb

Banned
aw Daft Punk thread got locked :( wonder if it was because of the leak or because of the incessant PM begging

edit: Trance wasn't that bad. Enjoyable ride, even if the movie makes no fucking sense and really goes off the rails in the third act.

Bo-Locks

so rooney hands in transfer request because he doesn't think the club is ambitious enough in the transfer market. then we sign van persie and he hands another one in because he's no longer the star man? fuck off.

Sounds like some Football Manager bullshit.

dc89

Christ on a bike. Bolton have made the doctor who played a key part in saving Muamba's life redundant. Told him he is no longer required.

Dibbz

@sidlowe 6m
Sadlty, confirmed that a 'lot of players will leave' Malaga this summer. Only hope now is a sale (unlikely)

Isco to City?

Isco to Arsenal. We already got Santi and Nacho as bait. The £30 million mystery man, believe.

Christ on a bike. Bolton have made the doctor who played a key part in saving Muamba's life redundant. Told him he is no longer required.

Wasn't the doctor that saved him from Spurs?

Koko

Banned
I'll catch the first half but will probably switch over to the Libertaloles afterwards. I watch very little Liga MX, can you explain to me why Monterrey even qualified. I thought they finished 9th?

The 8th place Queretaro is the team that is getting relegated and it's against the rules for them to play in the "Liguilla"

Why the faux outrage? It's great that he managed to save his life, but lots of other doctors and surgeons everywhere saves lives on a weekly basis too also get laid off, which sucks, but when your work place needs to desperately cut wages...

Dibbz

What if Fabregas comes back?

He won't be back. Not this season anyway. I don't think after one bad season (they're still gonna win the league) he will jump ship.

I doubt we will get Isco anyway as we have a couple of players in that role. I'm more concerned we go after a deeper playing midfielder and a striker atm.

faridmon

Good luck to David. He has taken us as far as he could and I wish him all the best on his new Job. Thanks for the 10 years and made us a club in midtable instead of struggling with relegation battle every year.

Wilbur

Banned
Good luck to David. He has taken us as far as he could and I wish him all the best on his new Job. Thanks for the 10 years and made us a club in midtable instead of struggling with relegation battle every year.

So ungrateful

Enjoy as he wins the Quadruple

Ståle as new Everton manager.

rJbkQYf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom