• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
30m. 27 years old. Seemingly unmotivated Rooney that has problems to keep in shape. I'm sorry but that might be a "reasonable" price within EPL, but it's still fucking insane.

We already have Mandzukic. We could probably keep Pizarro for another year. Even with Gomez leaving this deal sounds fucking insane. We don't need him, at least not for that much money. Frankly I don't think he'd fit in our team.

That's what we said about RVP. Trust in the Fergie system. Buy strikers.

WJD

one of the best defenses in europe because of said dm.
I say that's quite reasonable

And you'd have one of the best strike forces (possibly THE best) in Europe if you bought Rooney. He's well worth the 30m and I'd argue that his attitude problems probably all stem from wanting to leave. New team, new attitude... Maybe.

spidye

And you'd have one of the best strike forces (possibly THE best) in Europe if you bought Rooney. He's well worth the 30m and I'd argue that his attitude problems probably all stem from wanting to leave. New team, new attitude... Maybe.

rooney is great but he would be a surplus when we have Mandzu, Gomez, Pizarro and Lewandowski(lol)

Arnie

Baines is a lock, I reckon.

Can see Fellaini moving to Chelsea. I reckon Moyes has lost his tempter with him over the last few months. Looks disinterested.

derExperte

rooney is great but he would be a surplus when we have Mandzu, Gomez, Pizarro and Lewandowski(lol)

Maybe Gomez leaves this summer (which would make me sad). And we wait another year for Lewandowski to get him for 0€. Pizarro will then retire or whatever. I still don't really see it happening but it could make sense.

Wes

venison crêpe
Rooney is someone you have to accomodate your team around to get the best out of him/make him perform as he did 2 or 3 years ago and frankly he doesn't have the skillset anymore to warrant such a priority. United would be right to get rid and cash in now.

I think he'd prefer Chelsea over Bayern just because I think his wife is pregnant.

spidye

I think we can rest assured that Gomez is leaving after this season. By the way, a better striker than Rooney. Also Lewandowski probably won't come next season, not with Watzke whining about us 24/7.
I hope you're wrong. I love Gomez. even after the final last year. I don't want him gone :(
rooney is premium british talent and sexy. beckham like. he will make munich glamorous

you know you want him

don't get me wrong. I would take him any day. he's still one of the best strikers out there. I just don't see him starting when we have so many great alternatives

deGod

Rooney is someone you have to accomodate your team around to get the best out of him/make him perform as he did 2 or 3 years ago and frankly he doesn't have the skillset anymore to warrant such a priority. United would be right to get rid and cash in now.

I think he'd prefer Chelsea over Bayern just because I think his wife is pregnant.

I'm not paying maintenance for the kid

Wes

venison crêpe
@sidlowe 6m
Sadlty, confirmed that a 'lot of players will leave' Malaga this summer. Only hope now is a sale (unlikely)

6NTN.gif

Isco to City?

Clegg

I'd definitely take Baines at United. This might sound disrespectful to Evra but I think he's been a disgrace for the last 2 years. The man was our captain over Vidic's prolonged absence but he never acted like one on the pitch. He constantly failed to get back into position when the opposition were attacking and he just looked like he couldn't give a shit about defending.I'm grateful for his service to United during his first three years at the club. But his last three have been pretty awful.

Baines at United with Fabio as his understudy would be pretty good.

spidye

Yeah, I like Gomez as well, but at this point I'd probably put money on him leaving. Rumors currently have Napoli trying to get Gomez as a replacement for Cavani.

I kinda doubt napoli has at least 35m lying around for Gomez. I don't see bayern selling him for anything below 35-40m.

Riiiiight...because Rooney has clearly shown that he cares about his pregnant wife.

I am good with Moyes

He will get the best performance out of the players like Fergie did I think.

Concerned about his transfer moves though, let's see. But I think this may put a lock on getting Baines!

Bo-Locks

LMAO, the Daily Mail ran an article with the results of some different simulations in Football Manager with Mourinho, Kloppp, Moyes, etc. as the United manager next season. They're too funny. :lol

But which one of them GIVES YOU CANCER?

garyoldmaneveryone.gif

Clegg

Two and a half years ago the thought of Rooney leaving sent a lot of United fans into meltdown.

Now we'd see his departure as a blow but something we could get over. Wayne has certainly had a fall from grace in the eyes of United fans.

Bo-Locks

I want Rooney gone for £30m plus, too, but a new manager coming in and immediately selling what is still undeniably one of our prize assets would invite some MAJOR pressure, especially if he then doesn't spend big.

This summer is going to kill me.

Kyoufu

Two and a half years ago the thought of Rooney leaving sent a lot of United fans into meltdown.

Now we'd see his departure as a blow but something we could get over. Wayne has certainly had a fall from grace in the eyes of United fans.

Can't see him going to Chelsea if fans in London aren't pleased with him.

ba dum tsh

WJD

I'm in the US between June 29th and September 13th

I'm going to miss so much excitement from the football world :(

spidye

what exactly is wrong with rooney? I don't see much of the PL anymore but he was always great to watch in the cl.
what has he done to get so much hate from the united fans?

Kyoufu

what exactly is wrong with rooney? I don't see much of the PL anymore but he was always great to watch in the cl.
what has he done to get so much hate from the fans?

Not much. People just want new players. Like Falcao/Bale etc.

Rooney is good enough to play for any team in the Premier League.

Clegg

United have confirmed that they have been finalising their transfer targets for this summer. But the retirement of Fergus could change things a little bit. Would potential targets still be interested on coming to United? I think they would but you can never be 100% sure. There is a big attraction in joining a club managed by one if the all time greats.

And would Moyes agree with the targets SAF and Gill had identified?

Yep, but his original transfer request put him in a position whereby he basically has no way back and no more chances.

But 2 transfer requests in 3 years now. He's one of the best paid players in the world but doesn't play like it. He couldn't be bothered to get fit for this season. And then he tells the press and fans he wants to stay and loves it here when he just asked for a transfer a few days ago. He needs to leave the club.

Bit cynical perhaps but think tonight's story comes from the club. Why would Rooney's side leak it? Club probably know that Rooney would use Fergie's departure as his spin for his attempts to get out this summer so they've got in before that and revealed he asked to leave himself 2 weeks ago.

Good.

I'm in the US between June 29th and September 13th

I'm going to miss so much excitement from the football world :(
I think that's a good thing!

Wes

venison crêpe
That moment when you know you've heard a section of a new Daft Punk track before 99.999% of the rest of the developed world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom