• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

BUP660a.jpg

:'(

One of the best moments I witnesses in football. Fergie created one of the best teams I've ever seen, as well as matured and developed one of the best players ever in Ronaldo.

Salazar

To be fair I am not sure ManU fans would be heartbroken to sell him.

His fire is out.

I don't trust his temper. I have little faith in his enthusiasm. I think the limitations of his game will come to the fore rather than any particular subtleties or points of intellect. I don't think he respects the need for athleticism like someone on his wage should. I don't see him as a leader, and I think he would throw a massive fucking fit and try to destabilise any new manager, even were it not one with whom he has previous.

BUP660a.jpg

:'(

One of the best moments I witnesses in football. Fergie created one of the best teams I've ever seen, as well as matured and developed one of the best players ever in Ronaldo.

how you guys almost choked on the final against Chelsea always gets me puzzled

MINEIROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

K1LLER7

how you guys almost choked on the final against Chelsea always gets me puzzled

MINEIROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Chelsea have always been a bogey team for United. That night was amazing though. Dat John Terry slip.

Moysey's United will be interesting to see. Hopefully he won't be afraid to make any changes.

Wes

venison crêpe
Contracts in football don't seem to be worth the paper they are written on. Rooney signed a 5 year contract and wants to bail three years into that contract.

The funny thing about football contracts I find is that they're vary rarelyfufilled in one way or another.

I see them more as valuations of your own player rather than a set of terms between player and club. A club will have to pay a hefty fee to buy someone who has 5 years left on their contract compared to 1, thats why players get long contracts. Likewise clubs have to sell players with 1 year left on their contract if they can't renegotiate a deal or risk losing any kind of value on the player.

In Tevez's case, when he pulled a strop - refused to play - and was sent to Argentina, surely he is not fufilling his part of his contract. He's not doing the role he's been tasked with in his contract and being ordered to perform by his management. Yet he still got paid. Surely he should've been withheld any kind of wage as long as he didn't "work". However if City did that indefinitely they would have lost any kind of return on their investment in him.

There's too much player power at the moment. I think in the next 5 years there'll be an incident and the way contracts and the transfer market is conducted will be forced to be scrutinised and hopefully reformed.

PowderedToast

Kind of agreed tbh. No real highs this season, plenty of lows though :p

Looking forward to next year's title challenge though

yeah there's been no single game to remember the season by or anything like that, so i suppose the highlight has been the better quality football and the ridiculous amount of goals (truly absurd considering our league position)

IceCold

Still think that without SAF, Ronaldo would have been another Quaresma. He was more than a coach to that man.

No. Quaresma lacks work ethic unlike Ronaldo. Same thing with Fabio Paim (look him up). Ronaldo had the drive to be the best since he was a kid and always did extra work (he'd go to then gym when he wasn't supposed to, put weight on his ankles, etc).

Suen

Good Madrid fans must love Casillas, says Del Bosque

Even Madrid players from the past are bitching. Respect for Del Bosque for having played most of his career in Madrid + coaching us but he should shut up. No fucking player should be untouchable, Casillas can fuck off with that attitude, fucking divas.

AlexBasch

Doubt it, when Ronaldo was 15 he was probably better than Quaresma.

No. Quaresma lacks work ethic unlike Ronaldo. Same thing with Fabio Paim (look him up). Ronaldo had the drive to be the best since he was a kid and always did extra work (he'd go to then gym when he wasn't supposed to, put weight on his ankles, etc).
Didn't mean to underestimate Ronaldo or anything, he's had the natural talent and work ethic to become one of the best footballers in history, but I recall how Quaresma was regarded to become one of the greatest and seeing him failing miserably. Worse yet, he didn't seem to care at all when I saw him back at Porto and Inter, according to wiki he was at Barcelona as well, huh.

Then again, I think Fergie had a great influence by keeping him in check to keep working up instead of losing his drive when he was growing up.

EDIT: Just read about Fabio Paim. What a wreck.

Hieberrr

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

*TC$%#BN#YN_!@YN #PIHPGI EHT U$U T&#(TR{R@M
F)*T&%$^E%&R^*T&(Y*U)UHR#&B F

FootballFan

Barca players on SAF:

Alves: "His retirement is like removing a myth of football. He is the kind of professional that helps make this occupation meaningful! Thanks Sir Alex Ferguson."

Tello: "All my admiration for Sir Alex Ferguson. He leaves the bench for Manchester United after 26 seasons. Legend."

Pique: "26 years, 13 league titles, 2 Champions Leagues, the Cup Winners' Cup, 5 FA Cups, 4 League Cups… Legend!"

Biscuits: "Ferguson is a coach who will always be remembered. His retirement is a loss for the football world. All the things he won and that he always stayed at the level of the best coaches is amazing."

Tello, what a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom