• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Fuck off Rooney you twat.

Somebody bid £25m for this dickhead, please.

guardiola.jpg

dc89

Looks like Rio is going to join the BT Sport team at some point in the future.

Great to be part of the @BTsport team, great team shaping up across all sports!

Do not mention the word retirement on my timeline please people.....that word is not welcome here!

:lol

dc89

Stan Petrov announces retirement from football. http://t.co/4SOyahQSBj #AVFC #Petrov

Stan Petrov will lead out his team-mates and families for the traditional lap of appreciation at the end of the Chelsea game. #AVFC #Petrov

@AVFCOfficial

:(

Damn. I hope he gets well and takes up a coaching or ambassadorial role with Villa.

Salazar

Wait what did Rooney do?

Handed in a transfer request

If it is

a) contract tactics again - then he is a fucking prick and should be locked out of Carrington, never mind pull on the shirt again.

b) because he genuinely wants to fuck off, then please go quickly, you cowardly jumped-up prat.

dc89

Since being diagnosed with acute leukaemia in March 2012, I have come to understand and appreciate the way in which this disease impacts the lives of so many people. I can help and I want to help and, in setting up a foundation to help address the issues involved when people are diagnosed with this illness, I hope to make a difference.

A bit of his statement. A brilliant chap!

Blablurn

If it is

a) contract tactics again - then he is a fucking prick and should be locked out of Carrington, never mind pull on the shirt again.

b) because he genuinely wants to fuck off, then please go quickly, you cowardly jumped-up prat.

Why is he a coward? He played so many years for Man U already. Why not going for something new? Especially if he as the chance to join the hottest team of the next years.

FootballFan

If it is

Oh.. is it confirmed or just a rumour?

Dunno why I'm asking, I'll just google it.

Blablurn

Why would you even want Rooney when Lewa is waiting? ;)

Lewa is nice but I'm done in terms of dealing with that "other team". I'm done to always hear them crying. Why not get Rooney instead? The name alone would be an incredible boost for the league.

fuenf

Lewa is nice but I'm done in terms of dealing with that "other team". I'm done to always hear them crying. Why not get Rooney instead? The name alone would be an incredible boost for the league.

Because Lewandowski is the better player? Rooney's great sure but I just can't imagine him fitting in. We already got better midfield / false 9 players than him and I doubt he'd be much of an upgrade to Mandzukic/ Gomez upfront.

D_prOdigy

Because Lewandowski is the better player? Rooney's great sure but I just can't imagine him fitting in. We already got better midfield / false 9 players than him and I doubt he'd be much of an upgrade to Mandzukic/ Gomez upfront.

Simply not true.

TAKE IT. YOU MUST TAKE IT.

Fady K

Guys, I just realized something. I really like Moyes. How would I be able to hate on ManUtd when Moyes (likely) becomes their new leader? Answer:
I won't. And thus Fady is on course to become the most boring footy gaffer of this generation

On CFC vs Spurs: Yesterday's game proves that watering the pitch at half-time is a horrible idea. Keep it dry damn it!

I have been liking benitez more for a while but his substitutions yesterday are one of the biggest reasons why I would not want him as a permanent manager. Call me spoiled all you want but I'd rather have a manager who can, at least, consistently read the game (especially one that is anywhere near as important as yesterday's) and make the right calls from the bench rather than weaken the team.

Aside from not respecting Mou's decisions, talking shit about his teammates to his gf that couldn't shut her mouth up?

Hell the gal even talked shit about Ronaldo, all from Casillas mouth. The guy acts like he owns the place.

Silly of his girl to spill the beans to the public. What did she gain by saying all that other than relegating her sweetheart to the bench for many months to come?

Mou can bring, relatively, short term success while we prepare for a long term manager. But you don't prepare for that. I'd personally take Mou (If it's only between him and Moyes) but Europe has many great top managers that can handle the pressure but I don't know about them wanting to take it on just much as Mou.

I can see Mou bringing long term success if he was at peace with the club in a country he loves. Sure, he left Inter Milan. England is likely different to him though, and he hinted at that many times. Moyes should be great though. Excellent manager! Just imagine what he could do with a bigger budget and weapons.

I started really having an interest in football when I turned around 6 or 7 and my dad has been a United supporter since around the same age, he loved Georgie Best (a local boy) and United.

So I am now 33 and Sir Alex has been the United manager for as long as I have followed football and supported United, it's the end of an era for Man U and and the end of an era for me as well.

Wow, that must feel incredible for you, in both happy and sad ways. As a Chelsea and barcelona fan, the most I've seen a manager remain at a club was 4 years. Ferguson remained nearly 7 times that. Crazy. Can't imagine how it must feel.

On the topic of your avatar - Jaws was one of my first movie experiences at the age of 7. One of the better Spielberg films for me till this very day.

Kenka

It's not Valdes, I know that. Since he is making a save in the close post.

But Valdes would be great at Schalke. I think Yurt is right, the letters on his socks read "FCA" which points at FC Augsburg, the club in which Manninger plays. I wonder how he ended up like that though.

edit: beaten like a goalkeeper hitting his own post.

Wes

venison crêpe
Petrov retiring. I clearly underappreciated how important he was to the team whilst he was playing for us. The difference has been clear in the team since his illness. Hopefully he can get a coaching role at the club.

Wes

venison crêpe
BT Sport having their launch shindig today. Should get pricing information soon. Supposedly there should be big discounts for BT Broadband customers.

In other media news:
@DTguardian 4m
The power of football. Biggest day ever for traffic on @guardian website yesterday (bigger than the Pope)

LegoArmo

BT Sport having their launch shindig today. Should get pricing information soon. Supposedly there should be big discounts for BT Broadband customers.

In other media news:
@DTguardian 4m
The power of football. Biggest day ever for traffic on @guardian website yesterday (bigger than the Pope)

I'm pissed off at them. i don't want to give them my money. :(

Rooney leaving is doing nothing to me. Loved the dude, but he was not at all at his best this season.

Welbeck and Valencia leaving however will be met with cheers, applause, and tears streaming down my fucking face.

Feorax

Mark Hughes refusing to rule out being next Everton manager.

The scouser has been rubbing his lamp again. Life isn't that good to us, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom