• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Problem is with Rooney that he's not the best player in either of his favoured positions anymore; RVP is a better striker, and despite a poor year last time round, Shinji's time at Dortmund has convinced me he's better in that role than the current Wayne Rooney, one that turns up like a beached Anderson every pre-season. And on 200k+ a week as well. He's not worth the hassle.

Worried about how SAF as director will detract from Moyes a tad; might be a Busby/McGuinness situation again.

And mad props to Petrov. Guys a legend. Delighted to hear he's in remission, the games losing a very good player.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea needs a CM with a bit of brain, that could have been Alonso but there's also lots of other good options out there.

Just said he'll be at Madrid next year. I think they might take a punt on Khedira if Mou is coming loool. I quite like Khedira for some reason but intelligent he is not

Fady K

Chelsea needs a CM with a bit of brain, that could have been Alonso but there's also lots of other good options out there.

We need both a CM and a competent striker badly. Torres was so, so, so, so poor against Tottenham other than his amazing assist. He is outmuscled each and every time, he keeps timing his runs incorrectly, he is usually in the wrong place for a striker, he does not have the pace, he tends to fall easily and stays down for a while.

Fady K

Just said he'll be at Madrid next year. I think they might take a punt on Khedira if Mou is coming loool. I quite like Khedira for some reason but intelligent he is not

Khedira was quite good last season. He took quite a dip in form! So did Ozil - guy was dazzling last season :/

Salazar

Banned Paper saying Gillgamesh is flying to talk to Jorge "the top, top, top motherfucker" Mendes ?

Wow if true.

And lol at Chelsea "leading the race" for Rooney. No fucking chance we sell them a decent striker, even one with a thyroid as palsied as Wilbury's cock.

Wilbur

Banned
Banned Paper saying Gillgamesh is flying to talk to Jorge "the top, top, top motherfucker" Mendes ?

Wow if true.

And lol at Chelsea "leading the race" for Rooney. No fucking chance we sell them a decent striker, even one with a thyroid as palsied as Wilbury's cock.

So this is your revenge.

Paddy Power quick today

Can't embed image - http://t.co/RGRUgtowWD

GorillaJu

Moyes to Everton to anchor a moving ship
Mourinho to Chelsea to prove that reunions never end well
Kagawa to Liverpool to get revenge on Utd
Arnie to ask for an AVB at the hair salon and leave with a Hodgson

flippedb

Banned
BJ0YsJiCUAAEriW.jpg:large

BJ0NYl7CMAE-E-C.jpg:large

228979915.png

MI13003.jpg

BJ0dsf8CEAAnfa4.jpg:large

omg <3333

Fady K

I don't know where these rumors come from. I smell BS all the way from AD.

Moyes to Everton to anchor a moving ship
Mourinho to Chelsea to prove that reunions never end well
Kagawa to Liverpool to get revenge on Utd
Arnie to ask for an AVB at the hair salon and leave with a Hodgson

Could go either way IMO. I just hope we get a manager next season who lasts for at least one darn season.

D_prOdigy

Am I wrong, or did AVB barely fucking react to Ade's screamer ?

If Bale had scored it, he shoots semen into row Z, right ?

The commentator man on Talksport said it gave him "a smile as wide as Stamford Bridge itself". Freund was leaping into the air, obv.

Wes

venison crêpe
Say you're Moyes and you're told by theUnited board you can go after one, and only one, of the following as a marquee signing:

Bale, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Falcao

Who do you pick?

Wilbur

Banned
Say you're Moyes and you're told by theUnited board you can go after one, and only one, of the following as a marquee signing:

Who do you pick?

Bale or Ronaldo. Probably Bale; younger, British, would cost less than Ronaldo, I'd be scared of his return failing.

The two strikers are great but we don't need them, even if Rooney leaves. Shinji can play where Rooney wants to, and Hernandez/Welbeck are more than good back up, with Henriquez as well.

deGod

Who do you pick?

Ronaldo, as if you'd ask for anyone else

Or
rumbo
if you can't get ronnie

Bale or Ronaldo. Probably Bale; younger, British, would cost less than Ronaldo, I'd be scared of his return failing.

The two strikers are great but we don't need them, even if Rooney leaves. Shinji can play where Rooney wants to, and Hernandez/Welbeck are more than good back up, with Henriquez as well.

Even if Ronaldo isn't playing to his present standard, he would still be our best player or at worst, the 2nd best player.

ibsPppOcnb2h0D.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I'm in love with those Genoa shirts.

Even if Ronaldo isn't playing to his present standard, he would still be our best player or at worst, the 2nd best player.

ibsPppOcnb2h0D.gif

Oh of course yeah. But Bale is the unknown. Either/or would make my dick wetter than one of Yaya's farts.

Wilbur

Banned
Bayern Munich have sensationally announced a plan to refund the price of all tickets sold this season, citing an embarrassing lack of competition on all fronts. Bayern wrapped up the Bundesliga title in early April with a 20-point lead over second-place Borussia Dortmund and just one loss all season. They have also reached the DFB Pokal final and Champions League final, where they will face Dortmund after beating Barcelona by an aggregate score of 7-0 in the semifinals. Now, they will return the money of all fans who attended matches this season.

"This season has already been very successful for us," Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness told reporters. "But it has not been very sporting. When you win most every game by many goals, you must ask if the fans are getting value for their money. And since we do not see supporters as house cats to be milked, we have decided to refund their money for what has turned out to be a season of one-sided exhibitions. After all, no one should have to pay to watch someone play FIFA 13 on amateur difficulty and clearly we do not need their money anyway. I certainly don't want it. I don't pay taxes, so I already have more money than I know what to do with. We are not greedy like the English."

Bundesliga clubs have won widespread praise for their reasonable pricing model and inclusive philosophy — a marked difference from the business-first approach of the Premier League. Though Bayern's unprecedented refund offer takes that reputation to a new level, Hoeness, who had his offer to resign turned down after admitting to tax evasion, remains hopeful that things will be different next season.

"The team we built is simply too good," he continued. "This is why we are bringing in Pep Guardiola next season. Hopefully with a manager less experienced than Jupp Heynckes who cares more about possession than scoring hundreds of goals, there will be closer matches and more drama on the pitch. If not, we will have the players do actual work by cleaning the homes of ticket holders after matches."

Fady K

Bayern be trolling.

"We are too good right now so we are bringing in a manager who will hopefully bring the team down to Earth and score less goals."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom