• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Bayern Munich have sensationally announced a plan to refund the price of all tickets sold this season, citing an embarrassing lack of competition on all fronts. Bayern wrapped up the Bundesliga title in early April with a 20-point lead over second-place Borussia Dortmund and just one loss all season. They have also reached the DFB Pokal final and Champions League final, where they will face Dortmund after beating Barcelona by an aggregate score of 7-0 in the semifinals. Now, they will return the money of all fans who attended matches this season.

"This season has already been very successful for us," Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness told reporters. "But it has not been very sporting. When you win most every game by many goals, you must ask if the fans are getting value for their money. And since we do not see supporters as house cats to be milked, we have decided to refund their money for what has turned out to be a season of one-sided exhibitions. After all, no one should have to pay to watch someone play FIFA 13 on amateur difficulty and clearly we do not need their money anyway. I certainly don't want it. I don't pay taxes, so I already have more money than I know what to do with. We are not greedy like the English."

Bundesliga clubs have won widespread praise for their reasonable pricing model and inclusive philosophy — a marked difference from the business-first approach of the Premier League. Though Bayern's unprecedented refund offer takes that reputation to a new level, Hoeness, who had his offer to resign turned down after admitting to tax evasion, remains hopeful that things will be different next season.

"The team we built is simply too good," he continued. "This is why we are bringing in Pep Guardiola next season. Hopefully with a manager less experienced than Jupp Heynckes who cares more about possession than scoring hundreds of goals, there will be closer matches and more drama on the pitch. If not, we will have the players do actual work by cleaning the homes of ticket holders after matches."

:lol :lol

Sounds legit.

Salazar

Michael Owen is the most popular British footballer on Chinese social networks

loooooooooooooool

No wonder Liverpool think they can plug those goobers for huge amounts of money

scently

I'm thinking about how talented Rooney is, and how he limits himself from being truly great. He could be so much better than he is, if he focused 100%, worked on his physique and generally played in the same position each week (not his fault).

I actually think he hasn't been happy at United for awhile, and I feel like if he leaves, and sorts this stuff out, United will regret it big time.

This is my feeling as well. I understand that RVP is a better striker than he is but Rooney never played the role of a No9 at all this season. Utd GAF keep saying we should sell and get another player like Falcao or Lewandowski and my question is; do you think any of this player is an implicit improvement over Rooney and are willing to sacrifice themselves as he has in this season and other seasons when we have had to accommodate other strikers? do you think Lewandowski or Falcao would be as effective as they are currently if played in a different position? do you think either can play as a No10? or do you imagine that RVP would then play the role behind the striker? where does that leave Kagawa then? I keep repeating myself but the two seasons in which Rooney has played as the main striker in our team, he managed to score 30+ goals. I get the feeling he is unhappy but all this transfer request bs are unsubstantiated rumor probably as a result of the events of this season and mostly the event of the last 24hrs.

Arnie

Chelsea needs a CM with a bit of brain, that could have been Alonso but there's also lots of other good options out there.
Agree with you.

Think a player of Alonso's mould is exactly what Chelsea have needed for a couple of years now, and I was surprised they didn't get somebody in last summer instead of blowing the bank on tricky wide players and advanced playmakers.

I also believe there are many players Chelsea could get other than an aged Alonso.
Am I wrong, or did AVB barely fucking react to Ade's screamer ?

If Bale had scored it, he shoots semen into row Z, right ?

Thought he jumped up and mouthed 'wow, wow, wow' whilst ringing his hands about. Unless that was for Sigurddsson's goal.
Michael Owen is the most popular British footballer on Chinese social networks

loooooooooooooool

No wonder Liverpool think they can plug those goobers for huge amounts of money

You're foolishly lashing out at Liverpool with surprising frequency today, even for you.

Must be the Moyes effect.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
SXcHutH.jpg

ICsx8XG.jpg

vA8gOfF.jpg

SDkptJv.jpg

Juve have an extra stripe next year, which I like.

But no stars and no scudetto message.

And the away strip is earwax yellow, while the beautiful black away from this year is relegated to third choice.

Kinda disappointing.

It's a let down compared to our away shirt but I'm loving the yellow one!

Arnie

Hope I'm not DC'ing but Draxler's signed a contract extension. Not that he was a realistic target for Dortmund anyway.

LegoArmo

What if Moyes wins the title in his first year? I have a feeling next year will be Chelsea's year, but that would be some start to your non-shit-team managing career.

confuziz

Banned
What if Moyes wins the title in his first year? I have a feeling next year will be Chelsea's year, but that would be some start to your non-shit-team managing career.

You either will think Moyes is the new fergie, or you will agree with me managers don't matter =P

scently

Say you're Moyes and you're told by theUnited board you can go after one, and only one, of the following as a marquee signing:

Bale, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Falcao

Who do you pick?

Bale or Ronaldo. Bale might tipped it for me because he is younger and still growing, hasn't reached his prime yet, and quite frankly he is a mini/younger Ronaldo really. Ronaldo is at his prime though and you would have to accommodate him in his entirety, which might mean other players adapting/doing some extra work.

Wilbur

Banned
You either will think Moyes is the new fergie, or you will agree with me managers don't matter =P

The reason Manchester United may be able to win the title in Moyes' first year would be a combination of good work by Moyes and good work laid down by Fergie... two managers.

Wilbur

Banned
We are at that. I don't think he does tbh. If he would have gotten Everton in the CL this year then yea I'd have said he's up for it. But him and his team bottled it so I'm doubtful.

Bottled it? Really? His Everton side against the Manchesters, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs? Hardly bottling it.

fuenf

Bayern Munich have sensationally announced a plan to refund the price of all tickets sold this season, citing an embarrassing lack of competition on all fronts. Bayern wrapped up the Bundesliga title in early April with a 20-point lead over second-place Borussia Dortmund and just one loss all season. They have also reached the DFB Pokal final and Champions League final, where they will face Dortmund after beating Barcelona by an aggregate score of 7-0 in the semifinals. Now, they will return the money of all fans who attended matches this season.

"This season has already been very successful for us," Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness told reporters. "But it has not been very sporting. When you win most every game by many goals, you must ask if the fans are getting value for their money. And since we do not see supporters as house cats to be milked, we have decided to refund their money for what has turned out to be a season of one-sided exhibitions. After all, no one should have to pay to watch someone play FIFA 13 on amateur difficulty and clearly we do not need their money anyway. I certainly don't want it. I don't pay taxes, so I already have more money than I know what to do with. We are not greedy like the English."

Bundesliga clubs have won widespread praise for their reasonable pricing model and inclusive philosophy — a marked difference from the business-first approach of the Premier League. Though Bayern's unprecedented refund offer takes that reputation to a new level, Hoeness, who had his offer to resign turned down after admitting to tax evasion, remains hopeful that things will be different next season.

"The team we built is simply too good," he continued. "This is why we are bringing in Pep Guardiola next season. Hopefully with a manager less experienced than Jupp Heynckes who cares more about possession than scoring hundreds of goals, there will be closer matches and more drama on the pitch. If not, we will have the players do actual work by cleaning the homes of ticket holders after matches."

that's great, you are good at this.

faridmon

We are at that. I don't think he does tbh. If he would have gotten Everton in the CL this year then yea I'd have said he's up for it. But him and his team bottled it so I'm doubtful.

Agree to a certain point. I think there are many variables on why came on short later in the season, but yeah, he is one of those variables!

Messi

Why is that Russian site from yesterday being a dickhead and not letting me save that set of olivia pictures. Fuck sake

Fady K

WILBURY

I am seriously considering a career in writing football articles (alongside commentary, punditry, studio analyses, etc) - is there such a career for a person who is NOT a former football legend?

Also, I am really into writing but I'm not sure how to improve! Whenever I read articles out there I am astounded by the amazing use of vocabulary that makes the article far more fun to read but I am not sure how to get better at it myself.

Does it come from simply practicing and learning new words along the way?

Wilbur

Banned
I was reading it thinking how on earth did you managed to mess up your english based course.

I still think your writing ability is good, and I am puzzled why you are struggling at school

loooool

Basically without wanting to bore people again, I know I'm a good writer; I've been nominated for an award when I was 14, I've been published on a few websites, I've never ever failed an essay or an exam up until yesterday, I'm continuously getting 2:1s, I was one of only seven people in my year group across the country to get 100% on my GCSE English Lit paper (or so my English teacher told me!)

The problem is my extreme laziness coupled with disinterest in the module. It's boring, I hate it and because of that I didn't try, I didn't revise, I didn't do anything about it except start it six hours before it had to be in.

faridmon

WILBURY

I am seriously considering a career in writing football articles (alongside commentary, punditry, studio analyses, etc) - is there such a career for a person who is NOT a former football legend?

Also, I am really into writing but I'm not sure how to improve! Whenever I read articles out there I am astounded by the amazing use of vocabulary that makes the article far more fun to read but I am not sure how to get better at it myself.

Does it come from simply practicing and learning new words along the way?

You could always start writing a blog and start from it. I am currently writing a blog about Indie Music and I have to say, I have improved dramatcally in the past few years or so. The thing with blogging is that it improves your organisational skills when it comes to putting your thoughts into words. I can see that you do write a lot, and with a little writing here and there, I think you should be just fine!

faridmon

loooool

Basically without wanting to bore people again, I know I'm a good writer; I've been nominated for an award when I was 14, I've been published on a few websites, I've never ever failed an essay or an exam up until yesterday, I'm continuously getting 2:1s, I was one of only seven people in my year group across the country to get 100% on my GCSE English Lit paper (or so my English teacher told me!)

The problem is my extreme laziness coupled with disinterest in the module. It's boring, I hate it and because of that I didn't try, I didn't revise, I didn't do anything about it except start it six hours before it had to be in.

That is a nice fucking problem to have, you dork.

Just push yourself and you will be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom