• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Look forward to Everton appointing Tony Pulis in the summer.

8zL4x.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Look at what Fergie won before coming to us. Moyes hasn't done anything. It reassures me that all the pundits are saying he's the best man for the job but then you have this shite from other teams fans:

It's not the pundits saying he's the best man for the job. It's Sir Alex Ferguson saying he's the best man for the job. Kyoufu still wants Keegan back. Do not listen to the heathen.

Moyes hasn't won a trophy, true. But he's doing as well as anyone can in the league, and the cups can come down to pot luck you know? He went out of the CL to a Villarreal team that made the semis that year. It's not been all about the trophies.

Tc91

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 35s
Official: David Moyes has been announced as the new manager of Manchester United, replacing Sir Alex Ferguson.

Arnie

Naples was probably the worst place I've ever been in my life. Run down, fucking trash everywhere, unfriendly unhelpful people and it stunk of shit.
looool

Sounds like Blackpool.

Everton should go for Neil Lennon, Martinez doesn't fit their style, and Everton can't afford a few seasons of readjustment.

Wilbur

Banned
If Moyes doesn't do as well as they'd have liked they should hire Lambert.

I said this last year about March, that it'll be nice to see Rodgers and Lambert get big clubs. I said I'd genuinely be happy to take a punt on Lambert in two or three years if he keeps up the good work at Norwich, or even Rodgers if he keeps up the good work at Swansea. Obv that's out of the question now (and I do think that Lambert is a better manager than B-Rod considering their careers to date), but its nice to see us go for someone British, it's nice to see Liverpool with someone British, and I genuinely wouldn't have been opposed to Lambert if it was in a few more years.

Kyoufu

Look at what Fergie won before coming to us. Moyes hasn't done anything. It reassures me that all the pundits are saying he's the best man for the job but then you have this shite from other teams fans:

nelsonhaha.jpg

You won't have stability if Moyes is not winning titles. Man Utd are not Everton.

I give him 2 seasons before he's axed for an experienced and proven trophy winner.

Arnie

I said this last year about March, that it'll be nice to see Rodgers and Lambert get big clubs. I said I'd genuinely be happy to take a punt on Lambert in two or three years if he keeps up the good work at Norwich, or even Rodgers if he keeps up the good work at Swansea. Obv that's out of the question now (and I do think that Lambert is a better manager than B-Rod considering their careers to date), but its nice to see us go for someone British, it's nice to see Liverpool with someone British, and I genuinely wouldn't have been opposed to Lambert if it was in a few more years.

Chelsea will swoop for him when Mourinho flops, whilst Lambert's maroon Dortmund soar next season.

Kyoufu

This is momentary.

The humour of FC Le Twatcastle going down will last for a long, long time.

Nobody cares if Newcastle goes down or not. We're just a wee club in the North East.

Man Utd falling from grace though, that is not only celebratory but also monumental in the progress of the Barclay's Premier League.

Salazar

Nobody cares if Newcastle goes down or not. We're just a wee club in the North East.

Keegan in the wings, waiting for "the perfect offer" lends drama to it, though.

And a wounded Newcastle, laden with Gallic mercenary cockends, might just seem perfect to a man like Kev.

Feorax

This summer will be massive for so many clubs now, there is so much to play for. By the end of next season, the league could be unrecognisable.

Fady K

MOYES! Good luck good sir! Today is a new day. I actually like the manager of Manchester United.

Imminent peace and love, no more football hate. Glory!

Hey Fady,

If you really want to write about Football, you better get ready for a lot of hardship. Journalism in general is dying which makes a tough position to get into even harder. What is more, football in particular is going to be a crowded area. As others have said, you should just get writing straight away to have a chance at making something of it.

I mention this since my Uncle actually works for the Racing Post - not as a journalist - which is a Horse racing/betting paper in the UK. He actually gets asked to contribute articles every so often but despite being there for years he has not managed to parlay it into anything more than the occasional article.

Thanks for the info sohois. I've been hearing about how tough it is...hence I was thinking of doing more than writing. An all around football job if you will - writing, analyses, commentary, fanzone, etc - is there such a career for this?

If it was only about writing I would have been discouraged a while ago.

Any advice is more than appreciated bro :)

sorry

faridmon.blogspot.co.uk

Alright bro. Let's see if I can manage to read something this weekend.

Wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some contracts are running out. Tymoshchuk, Pizarro and Van Buyten might all leave. Additionally some expect Rafinha to leave as well and I'd argue our midfield is getting pretty full, so it's possible someone (Robben?) will leave after this or next season. Also there are many rumors Gomez will leave after this season.

I agree that it's getting crowded. I'm a bit surprised we're able to pay all these players, did we finally pay off the stadium?

Pizarro should stay longer IMO. I wonder where Gomez will go next. It is wonderful though how Jupp managed to play almost everyone this season!

Fady, forget football journalism and just start a fake ITK Twitter account ready for transfer muppetry season.

I would not mind starting a messed up fady twitter account. An evil version of myself!

Brinbe

So it's on... bring on the summer of intense transfer speculation. God help me, I hope he doesn't just bring on Baines/Fellaini/Barkley =\

Wilbur

Banned
So it's on... bring on the summer of intense transfer speculation. God help me, I hope he doesn't just bring on Baines/Fellaini/Barkley =\

Baines would be an amazing buy and Barkley would be a promising one. Baines, Strootman, and a good winger (in my dreams, Bale) would be brilliant.

Arnie

This summer will be massive for so many clubs now, there is so much to play for. By the end of next season, the league could be unrecognisable.
1) Villa
2) West Brom
3) Arsenal (stability)
4) Chelsea (Mourinho below Rafa where he belongs)
5) United (speaking of where managers belong

Liverpool somewhere below. Insert joke accordingly.

Kyoufu

Of course it'll be unrecognisable. Sir Alex Ferguson was the face of the Premier League. The John Cena of British Football. A dynasty.

It's all down to Chelsea and City to attack Man Utd when they are most vulnerable.

Wilbur

Banned
I can't even express how much Swansea need to buy a proper fucking good striker.

Michu should be playing behind one, yeah. Should go for Kone if Wigan go down, would fit into the playing style and is fucking gooooood for the price he'd go for.

Wilbur

Banned
1) Villa
2) West Brom
3) Arsenal (stability)
4) Chelsea (Mourinho below Rafa where he belongs)
5) United (speaking of where managers belong

Liverpool somewhere below. Insert joke accordingly.

I'd fucking LOVE Villa to make a massive impact next year. Unfortunately we'll see Everton drop off now. Whichever one of Spurs or Arsenal miss out on CL will spend (well Spurs will regardless, Arsenal only will if they miss out). Chelsea and City will spend. We could see a good old fashioned five horse race for the title.

Liverpool will improve. Hopefully Swansea and WBA don't stagnate. Villa will destroy all under the best young British manager in the league after sweet Moyles.

confuziz

Banned
I'd fucking LOVE Villa to make a massive impact next year. Unfortunately we'll see Everton drop off now. Whichever one of Spurs or Arsenal miss out on CL will spend (well Spurs will regardless, Arsenal only will if they miss out). Chelsea and City will spend. We could see a good old fashioned five horse race for the title.

Liverpool will improve. Hopefully Swansea and WBA don't stagnate. Villa will destroy all under the best young British manager in the league after sweet Moyles.

You guys are too damn funny. Superstitious baboons.

faridmon

:(

I will be happy with 10th place.

Wilbur

Banned
You guys are too damn funny. Superstitious baboons.

I don't think you know what superstitious means. Quick, correct the kids before they ruin their lives through your teachings.

:(

I will be happy with 10th place.

You'll be there or thereabouts, considering there's only six teams nailed on for the top ten. Dunno if WBA and Swansea will suffer from 'second season syndrome' so to speak.

Tc91

You'll be there or thereabouts, considering there's only six teams nailed on for the top ten. Dunno if WBA and Swansea will suffer from 'second season syndrome' so to speak.

West Brom will I think, they need to replace Lukaku unless they can do another season long loan deal.

It was unreal watching him live, what an absolute beast. He gave City hell in the first 15-20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom