• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

hey, last time our teams met this happened:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8318447.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8342599.stm

also, don't buy Vitor Pereira. dude's a mediocre manager who was lucky to inherit AVB's team.

ah, look at you justifying reasons to exist by showcasing some scoreline. Its OK, I get, the stuff you have is toostrong and you still want to act cute.
Just curl up and get back to your shitty league with bunch foreginers because your nation are worthless as footballers.

Oh and they shag your mums as well!

Talk to me when you get the mgs4 platinum bro.

You'll be waiting a long, long time.

bla bla irrelevant league bla bla semi retirement.

Better than your Coutinhos

ixtKIT9Sic8qH.gif

Coutinho has end product.

Luchbox is banned?

Good.

I feel the need to document what is happening in this crazy month.

So far SAF has retired and Special 1TV is back. Anything else?

You've become even more of a cunt with your new avatar, put that in the document.

Don't be jealous, it will make you unhappy.

Michael Owen will be lead co-commentator for BT.

Fuck that.

lol, what a terrible, terrible choice. Boring voice, no insight, no humour. Is that the end of ESPN Press Pass, and do I have to move my subscription over?

Glorious.

Yes it is.

I'm laughing that Man Utd went from Sir Alex Ferguson to David Moyes.

On the one hand, the only way from Ferguson is down, but to go from Ferguson to Moyes is quite the downgrade imo, whether he was the only realistic choice or not. We'll see though, I can only hope it goes tits-up.

In other slightly less impactful but far more hillarious news, it looks like Tal Ben-Haim has walked out of QPR.

Looooooool! Joke club.

He's shite anyway, QPR should be glad to get his wages off the books.

avaya

Moyes is gonna have more trophies in three months than Arsenal have in eight years.

What a great standard to compare against. You think that upsets me? I'd rather have us relegated to get rid of the redneck.

Mourinho is winning the league next year.

Fady K

I don't get the doubters. If Moyes can do very well on a shoestring budget with Everton, imagine what he can do with a decent budget at an already-impressive United.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't get the doubters. If Moyes can do very well on a shoestring budget with Everton, imagine what he can do with a decent budget at an already-impressive United.

Kyoufu's brain has disappeared through years of salt filtering through his veins. Avaya is an illusion created by the deepest recesses of Lightning's id.

avaya

It is shame United will now become shit, at least they developed their own success. Years of watching the mercenary cvnts and Chavs winning the league will be annoying.

K1LLER7

True. We have to give him some time to set the team up to how he wants it. Hopefully he has a good summer and brings in some midfielders. Heck, maybe he'll try and get a world class player to get some of the fans backing.

Empty

everton this season had only six losses. they've drawn too many games that they've dominated as they've lacked cutting edge, but imagine where they'd finish if they had van persie and hernandez available up front. then think about carrick instead of gibson. rafael instead of coleman. rooney or shinji instead of osman. *shrug*

faridmon

everton this season had only six losses. they've drawn too many games that they've dominated as they've lacked cutting edge, but imagine where they'd finish if they had van persie and hernandez available up front. then think about carrick instead of gibson. rafael instead of coleman. *shrug*

Coleman and Gibson > Carrick and Rapheal

ah, look at you justifying reasons to exist by showcasing some scoreline. Its OK, I get, the stuff you have is toostrong and you still want to act cute.
Just curl up and get back to your shitty league with bunch foreginers because your nation are worthless as footballers.

Oh and they shag your mums as well!

hold dat massive L onto your chest, like Flava Flav's clock necklace. YEAH BOY!!!

GorillaJu

They're two different things, though, and being good at one doesn't necessarily mean you can do the other. Identifying and getting cheap players to play well is a skill separate from getting top players to play at the height of their potential.

It's just the fact that, well,

Manchester City
Arsenal
Chelsea
Blackburn Rovers
Spurs
Portsmouth
Liverpool
Birmingham City
Manchester United
Middlesbrough
Swansea City

Have all won trophies in England since David Moyes took charge at Everton. If you listed the trophies out by manager, it would be exhaustive. Despite all his supposed good work, he's not got a single piece of silverware to his name, and to work for the biggest club in the world, you'd generally want some affirmation that he can motivate his teams into pushing all the way to the end and winning.

I think a good start will mean everything next season, for the title and the top 4. Fuck knows how Moyes, the team and the fans will react to setbacks, and likewise for Chelsea. City could well fuck it up again. In fact, I think they will.

PowderedToast

there's nothing to say that he can handle

- the ego's of superstar players
- the consistency of winning week in/week out
- europe. EUROPE.
- the tactical nous and pragmatism required to win the league

united fans will say "best appointment", everyone else knows that they had shit to pick from

faridmon

We are no strangers to woeful tactics.

I don't bellieve it. if you want comaprisons, MOyes would have put Van Persie in the bench and started with Wellback evry game, Nani woudl be a central midfield and Valancia would have been Captain. Oh and Vidic would have lost confidence.

GorillaJu

I gotta say, I'm impressed Arnie hasn't been gloating more. I expected a mega-quote post.

Well he's earned it. I've been pestering people about Moyes coming for awhile but I piggybacked off Arnie's cocksure confidence that it would actually happen.

Fady K

I bet he would do unbelievably well even at Bayern fry.

Edit: Thought you were fry8 for a second.

Kyoufu's brain has disappeared through years of salt filtering through his veins. Avaya is an illusion created by the deepest recesses of Lightning's id.

I learned a lesson - never doubt the ability of a new manager or player, let alone a good one.

Aye.

Need a great window to give him a rolling start, though.

Alex gave him some excellent tools to begin with, youth-wise and the main team as well.

It is shame United will now become shit, at least they developed their own success. Years of watching the mercenary cvnts and Chavs winning the league will be annoying.

We should all know better than to predict our opponents to suck or kick so much ass. Nintendo proved us wrong back then with the Wii. Juventus came back from being a middle placed team. A Chelsea side that won, through extraordinary circumstances, the champions league followed that with losing out 6 of a possible 7 trophies, with the chance of losing the 7th very real as well as Benfica will make for a very tough opponent :p

Wilbur

Banned
They're two different things, though, and being good at one doesn't necessarily mean you can do the other. Identifying and getting cheap players to play well is a skill separate from getting top players to play at the height of their potential.

It's just the fact that, well,

Manchester City
Arsenal
Chelsea
Blackburn Rovers
Spurs
Portsmouth
Liverpool
Birmingham City
Manchester United
Middlesbrough
Swansea City

Have all won trophies in England since David Moyes took charge at Everton. If you listed the trophies out by manager, it would be exhaustive. Despite all his supposed good work, he's not got a single piece of silverware to his name, and to work for the biggest club in the world, you'd generally want some affirmation that he can motivate his teams into pushing all the way to the end and winning.

there's nothing to say that he can handle

- the ego's of superstar players
- the consistency of winning week in/week out
- europe. EUROPE.
- the tactical nous and pragmatism required to win the league

united fans will say "best appointment", everyone else knows that they had shit to pick from

Good posts. I'll keep the faith #believeinmewyes

Wes

venison crêpe
What a great standard to compare against. You think that upsets me? I'd rather have us relegated to get rid of the redneck.

Mourinho is winning the league next year.

Sounds like a call for crazy early predictions! Emphasis on the crazy.

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester City
3. Tottenham Hotspur
4. Arsenal - FA Cup
5. Manchester United
6. Liverpool
7. Swansea
8. Southampton - League Cup
9. Everton
10. West Brom
11. Newcastle
12. Aston Villa
13. West Ham
14. Sunderland
15. Cardiff
16. Stoke
17. Norwich
18. Fulham
19. Leicester
20. Hull

A Chelsea side that won, through extraordinary circumstances, the champions league followed that with losing out 6 of a possible 7 trophies, with the chance of losing the 7th very real as well as Benfica will make for a very tough opponent :p

welcome to my whitelist Fady K, you're good peoples.

qindarka

Banned
Mourinho to Chelsea isn't confirmed. Also, they will still probably fuck up the race for a CL slot and then Mourinho and top players won't want to join. Even if they manage to finish 4th, they will probably fuck up the playoffs.

Chelsea ain't winning shit next year. Book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom