• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmackem

I saw in todays Evening Standard that the sports channels are free if you are a subscriber to BT broadband, but you are still required to purchase the BT TV box which the paper says is £299!!

Shame as I'm already a BT Infinity broadband subscriber.

Nah you can use it online as well.

Empty

welcome moyes :)

i love that we're giving less of a big name manager a chance, going for someone who has earned an opportunity through years of hard work and patience. as well as planning for the long term and finding someone who fits what we have in place, instead of someone that's going to revamp everything. it's a credit to the club and i'm rooting for him so hard. it'll be magic if it works out. i just really hope it doesn't blow up in our face, there are genuine question marks that he needs to dispell through his performances and hopefully he will thrive on people writing us off already.

Ingeniero

Mourinho is the best coach in the world but he probably wouldn't have fit in there at United for a number of reasons. Filling a legend's shoes is a tough gig -- I doubt he'd want to tarnish his own legacy by failing there too (if he did). It's easier to come in after someone else who hasn't been as successful necessarily and try and better them.
Not for Mou, he already IS a legend.

Arnie

Stage one is excitement.

Stage two is pragmatic excitement.

Stage three is reality.

You'll consume all the media available to over the summer, break down pre-season performances with forensic detail, but you won't truly know a thing about David Moyes the Manchester United manager until the season begins.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Can't wait.

Can't wait.

We're gonna win the league with David Moyes.

Can't wait.

mourinho7_115872t.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Yep. Leaving Everton to join the second-best run club in the world, on the back of a eague season in which they've walked to victory, with a good youth setup and a lot of money at his disposal, a 6 year contract and a board who have to support him to back up their incessant boasts about how patient they are.

Brave man.

To succeed Fergie you fucking salty clit

Bo-Locks

I saw in todays Evening Standard that the sports channels are free if you are a subscriber to BT broadband, but you are still required to purchase the BT TV box which the paper says is £299!!

Shame as I'm already a BT Infinity broadband subscriber.

I'm fairly certain that you can get it on a youview box The youview box is £5 a month for 12 months for Infinity customers.

Wilbur

Banned
welcome moyes :)

i love that we're giving less of a big name manager a chance, going for someone who has earned an opportunity through years of hard work and patience. as well as planning for the long term and finding someone who fits what we have in place, instead of someone that's going to revamp everything. it's a credit to the club and i'm rooting for him so hard. it'll be magic if it works out. i just really hope it doesn't blow up in our face, there are genuine question marks that he needs to dispell through his performances and hopefully he will thrive on people writing us off already.

This, this, this. I'm not gonna pretend Moyes sets my pussy on fire, but he's a sensible appointment as opposed to a glamour one.

You'd honestly burn Reus and Gündogan?

Bayern fans still don't get it? Don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Edit: lol banned
Did the Dortmund fans finally turn on Gotze? I was expecting to see a backlash in the CL but it seemed like the fans were either trying to play it down or expected it.

Eh, what? Everyone hates him, the fans in the stadium and everyone else involved just kept it down against Real to not fuck up this CL season because of one asshole in the team.

jtb

Banned
Yep. Leaving Everton to join the second-best run club in the world, on the back of a eague season in which they've walked to victory, with a good youth setup and a lot of money at his disposal, a 6 year contract and a board who have to support him to back up their incessant boasts about how patient they are.

Brave man.

Exactly. This is a no-lose situation for Moyes. And even if he fails, the excuses trotted out will just be the usual "oh the first one after Ferguson was always destined for failure" and he gets a nice payout.

but yeah, #respect. definitely

Looking forward to United under Moyes. There's so many unanswered questions that I never needed to think about with Fergie in charge. It's going to be a long summer. I hope we can get some good players too.

Slizz

Stage one is excitement.

Stage three is reality.

You'll consume all the media available to over the summer, break down pre-season performances with forensic detail, but you won't truly know a thing about David Moyes the Manchester United manager until the season begins.

I'd like to think most posters in this forum, United fans or not, know this.

Hindle

Banned
It will be scary if Mourinho goes back to Chelsea. They will win everything. Even scarier is he may stay there a very long time.

To succeed Fergie you fucking salty clit

Honestly, why would he give a shit who he's replacing? Especially given the fact that he's retiring. If he fucks up, its on him. The pressure is on him. He won't have people looking over his shoulder wondering why the board made the decision they did. He has it all set up for him to succeed, whether he's replacing a legend or not. He'd be an absolute pussy not to grab it with both webbed hands.

And hy would I be salty you silly tit? You've gone from Alex Ferguson to David Moyes.

Bumhead

Banned
Stage one is excitement.

Stage three is reality.

It's quite scary to think there are so many United fans who have never experienced a change of manager before.

This thread is going to be an interesting place to be next season for the neutral.

Linius

Brave man.

Lol, so much salt dude. And I'm not even a United fan. I just respect a man who is going to succeed the most succesfull coach his new club ever had. If he will do shit for the first season people will despise him, it's just hard to live up to the expectations from the average United.

Honestly, why would he give a shit who he's replacing? Especially given the fact that he's retiring. If he fucks up, its on him. The pressure is on him. He won't have people looking over his shoulder wondering why the board made the decision they did. He has it all set up for him to succeed, whether he's replacing a legend or not. He'd be an absolute pussy not to grab it with both webbed hands.

Out of respect to the club and the fans he makes sure after being so long in charge and basically pushing every thought out of him leaving this club. He appoints someone who can take it from him and do right by the club.

When he's so long in charge it is that much harder for someone to take from him and there's not that many that can control the squad if they're not of a strong character, so he looked for the closest managerial style that would keep us on top.

Lol, so much salt dude. And I'm not even a United fan. I just respect a man who is going to succeed the most succesfull coach his new club ever had. If he will do shit for the first season people will despise him, it's just hard to live up to the expectations from the average United.

Again, why would I be salty?

Everton will get worse, Man Utd will get worse.

Win-win, bro.

Wilbur

Banned
Ricky Singh ‏@Ricky___Singh 1h
@WayneRooney @ColeenRoo OI YOU FUCKING WANKER THINK YOU'RE HARD THREATENING TO LEAVE #MUFC YOU GRANNY SHAGGING CUNT WATCH YOUR BACK PRICK

Totakeke

Fans complain about Fergie's decisions all the time, see people equating fans complaining about Moyes next season to Moyes is a failure.

jtb

Banned
I wonder if Mancini will be sacked at the end of the season. I hope not. I want us to make a good go at the title next season, especially with that new kit deal.

TrueBlue

Nah, it was my bad. Geographical error.

Though you could still construe my line as Sunderland being shit aside from that Newcastle game.

Perhaps, but I don't think it's as cut and dry as you're making it out to be. All the London clubs have the capacity to drop points.

Feorax

I wonder if Mancini will be sacked at the end of the season. I hope not. I want us to make a good go at the title next season, especially with that new kit deal.

City would be mad not to go for Benitez. Free agent, successful european manager and knows how to mount a title challenge when the resources are there.

Makes daft subs, but then so does Mancini.

Stage one is excitement.

Stage three is reality.

You speak the truth Arnie. Can't argue with this. Gonna be interesting!

madmackem

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Man yooo have some real strange fans, remember the ones rio had trouble with because he wasnt signing his new deal, didnt rooney have some grief from some as well. You know youve gone to far when you roll up at a players house to get at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom