• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Don't wear your Borussia shirt.

Last time that happened I decked my face in.

I get the impression that Alan Shearer is the BBC's attempt to play an elaborate practical joke on the lot of us. Jump over to the BBC to see the question 'Is Moyes the right manager for Manchester United', strapped over a picture of Shearer in a diamond sweater with his mouth slightly agape.

What the fuck does he know? What the fuck's he going to tell me?

LegoArmo

Ginger managers are the best managers.

C_71_article_1137982_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Aye

Bumhead

Banned

I get the impression that Alan Shearer is the BBC's attempt to play an elaborate practical joke on the lot of us. Jump over to the BBC to see the question 'Is Moyes the right manager for Manchester United', strapped over a picture of Shearer in a diamond sweater with his mouth slightly agape.

Haha, I saw this as well.

The BBC are always at it. I remember when they had an article by Martin Keown analysing what makes Barcelona so good. Martin Keown and the Arsenal side he was a part of, the true connoisseurs of Barcelona's game.

Meier

Will be amazing to see Kyoufu's reaction after Moysey's United wins the league next season.

You don't really think this will happen, do you? I don't think SAF would have kept the title next season let alone Moyes. A top 4 finish is more or less guaranteed, but I wouldn't expect United to not falter a bit.

There are some apologists in the PA kickstarter thread that have been going strong on every page of the thread.

It's a common trend in sports coverage - former pros being used as pundits and commentators. This is why I love watching Revista De La Liga. Although it does sometimes have ex pros on the show, the majority of is presented by football journalists in Spain who have real insight into clubs and players. The difference between that and MOTD is night and day; the latter feels more like a tabloid in contrast. Gone are the cliches and talking points.

The BBC could save a fortune by dumping Hansen, Shearer and the rest and just having journalists present the coverage.

i'm supposed to be writing a timed take-home final, my last ever law school final actually, but instead i am browsing football thread. fuck you guys.

In other news, this is AC Milan's second kit

Milan-13-14-Away-Kit.jpg

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THAT V NECK I DON'T EVEN

Edit: Sry for double post.... old window.

ugh, fucking hideous. at least our home kit is pretty good, if the rumoured leaked version is accurate. i like the gold stripes but that v-neck was sent from hell.

Wilbur

Banned
Lunchbox is a saint and you're all little crybabies because you can't handle him being the best poster in the thread #LunchboxToReplaceFerguson

LegoArmo

It's a common trend in sports coverage - former pros being used as pundits and commentators. This is why I love watching Revista De La Liga. Although it does sometimes have ex pros on the show, the majority of is presented by football journalists in Spain who have real insight into clubs and players. The difference between that and MOTD is night and day; the latter feels more like a tabloid in contrast. Gone are the cliches and talking points.

The BBC could save a fortune by dumping Hansen, Shearer and the rest and just having journalists present the coverage.

If Sunday Supplement showed me anything, it's that English journos are clueless cunts.

bjaelke

Trendsmap Manchester @TrendsManc
#moyesout is now trending in #Manchester trendsmap.com/gb/manchester

City fans having a bit of fun on Twitter?

K1LLER7

You don't really think this will happen, do you? I don't think SAF would have kept the title next season let alone Moyes. A top 4 finish is more or less guaranteed, but I wouldn't expect United to not falter a bit.

There are some apologists in the PA kickstarter thread that have been going strong on every page of the thread.
I don't think we'll win it. But we'll be in the same position as man city and Chelsea, as it looks like both will also change managers. I think it'll depend on who can get their styles implemented quickest and most effectively. Also depends on which players come in for these clubs.

Wouldn't count out Spurs either, especially if they can keep Bale, buy a top Striker and find a Modric replacement. That Tom Carroll looks like a good player. Also, they've had 1 season to amend to AVB's style and that'll help.

dc89

Moyes and Rooney. I don't think Moyes will get a say in Rooney staying or going.

Hmmmm. Summer gonna be so interesting. I saw Txiki's shopping list the other day

1. Cavani
2. Isco
3. Fernandinho
4. Rooney

jtb

Banned

Who else is going to win it? Chelsea have a lot of work to do, with or without Mourinho, to rebuild that squad. Spurs have even more work to do... it remains to be seen if Levy will spend big on the striker they clearly need.

defel

Completely, completely agree. Ive read better post-game analysis and more incisive, interesting commentary on GAF than Ive ever heard come out of Alan Shearer's mouth.

Very few ex-Pros are actually articulate enough to be on television.

Ricky Singh ‏@Ricky___Singh 1h
@WayneRooney @ColeenRoo OI YOU FUCKING WANKER THINK YOU'RE HARD THREATENING TO LEAVE #MUFC YOU GRANNY SHAGGING CUNT WATCH YOUR BACK PRICK

Oh fuck, it gets better:

Ricky Singh ‏@Ricky___Singh
@ColeenRoo YOU FUCKING SLAG TELL YOUR FUCKING HUSBAND TO FUCK OFF FROM #MUFC WE DON'T WANT HIM THE GREEDY OGRE LOOKING BASTARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom