• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I'm giving you options! I'm not expecting you to buy all of them. (Although that would be an awesome team). Adryan is supposed to be really good, but I never bought him because I only like players that I actually like.

I recently started a new career with HSV, bought Deulofeu, Fisher, Locadia, Blind and Kongolo. Dreamteam in the making.

Damn, that is gonna be amazing. I started with 8 mil transfer money so I have to slowly build my team. And Adryan is my boy, bought him back in FIFA 11 for the first time :p

fuenf

And fuenf... no. Alaba is awesome, but no.

Come on, I just had to! I am a Bayern fan, you know...! :p He still needs to learn how to defend, I don't like his tendency to leave the left side wide open . Ribery saved his ass many times this season.

LegoArmo

There's being loyal, and then there's being too loyal. He's a detriment to the team almost all the time. He was good at the start of the season but then tailed off immensely.

I guess I'll have to disagree. Baines is a bit better, but he's not £15-20m better, especially when there's other areas that actually need strengthening.

GolazoDan

Evra has been deadly from corners. I never saw it coming. I think Fabio's too scarred though lol.
Patrice Evra has mastered the art of the "leap on the shoulders of a team mate" goal celebration.

I tell you what though, I'm so goddamn happy QPR are going down just so we won't loan them anymore first team players. They signed my main man Park and I think we should resign him just to get him away from it all.

Wilbur

Banned
I guess I'll have to disagree. Baines is a bit better, but he's not £15-20m better, especially when there's other areas that actually need strengthening.

Baines offers a threat at free kicks, corners, from crosses, from long shots, can actually defend as well as attack. He's much better than Evra. I probably think 20m would be too expensive but if we could get Baines for 15m or under I'd be delighted.

iLEB9SzYCtAHl.gif

Kyoufu

Patrice Evra has mastered the art of the "leap on the shoulders of a team mate" goal celebration.

I tell you what though, I'm so goddamn happy QPR are going down just so we won't loan them anymore first team players. They signed my main man Park and I think we should resign him just to get him away from it all.

Park? Hasn't impressed me since I started watching Football again. I must have missed his good years. :p

Empty

evra accidentally passed his midget set-piece goalscoring machine hat to oscar. now he's just a bit useless outside of being a fun mascot. baines isn't great long term value but he would massively improve the team like van persie did.

GolazoDan

Well I'm glad if that's the attitude of United fans, really. A bit like Madrid fans claiming Benzema and Higuain are fine.
I dunno, I watch a lot of the games. He does his job well. Was off the case last year although my lasting memory of that is City scoring like three goals down his side of the pitch and they were all exactly the same.

Gets caught out sometimes but fuck, he's a wingback. It happens to the best of them (Rafael). Sure it's happened to Baines unless he's got Bernard's Watch in his shinpads.

Bo-Locks

Saw this on Redcafe:

Manchester United have only had 21 managers since 1892, and that's counting Sir Matt twice.

Real have had 25 in Fergie's reign alone.

Even potato-head Atkinson got 5 years before he was booted out to make way for Fergie. This club gives more time to managers than any other.

I dunno, I watch a lot of the games. He does his job well. Was off the case last year although my lasting memory of that is City scoring like three goals down his side of the pitch and they were all exactly the same.

Gets caught out sometimes but fuck, he's a wingback. It happens to the best of them (Rafael). Sure it's happened to Baines unless he's got Bernard's Watch in his shinpads.

stadsgaard1puqj.gif

Wilbur

Banned

He gets caught out far too often; the amount of times it hasn't even led to a goal but I've still been tearing my hair out is ridiculous. It's not even advanced wing play, so you couldn't even say he's a wingback. He spends half his time right next to the centre back with the entire flank completely open.

LegoArmo

United fans are extremely harsh on their own players, especially since they're champions.

I'm glad Fergie didn't think like that, he'd have got rid of almost every player at some point. Carrick was shit, Evans was shit, Ferdinand was past it, Rooney is useless, Rafael isn't good enough, etc.

GolazoDan

Park? Hasn't impressed me since I started watching Football again. I must have missed his good years. :p
When did you restart?

Park was fuckin' dope for two or three years, 08/09 Champions League, 09/10 (shackled Pirlo in a 4-0 win) and 10/11. Really underrated in 10/11, scored some big goals around the time Rooney was our best player and cried for attention. Park, Berbatov and Nani were our main men over that period.

United fans are extremely harsh on their own players, especially since they're champions.

I'm glad Fergie didn't think like that, he'd have got rid of almost every player at some point. Carrick was shit, Evans was shit, Ferdinand was past it, Rooney is useless, Rafael isn't good enough, etc.
Eeeexactly. The aforementioned 10/11 season was my first year with a ticket and the guy next to me basically subscribed to all those opinions, particularly the Rafael one. He's not good enough, he's too erratic, remember Bayern yadda yadda yadda. Same with Evans. David de Gea wasn't good enough for a time, we should have been playing Anders Lindegaard. "I'd love him at United" was a Twitter pisstake for a while when talking about a midtable player who'd been good for like a month and people decided he'd be brilliant. Sessegnon and Tiote are the two I remember.

no idea.

Salazar

Really? I get not wanting Fellaini

Indeed.

Paper doesn't know what it's talking about, in any case. I really doubt that the first thing Moyes has done is jog over to journo filth and leak.

Wilbury is right about Evra clutching his CB's leg and giving opp. wingers yards and yards.

Wilbur

Banned

It's because they have to be up to the standard of being champions. Rooney isn't useless but his attitude is, and someone that doesn't want to be at the club shouldn't be. I want him out.

Never had a bad word to say about Rafael. Evans has developed massively and I'll eat crow on that one. Carrick was poor but I never wanted him out, same with Ferdinand.

But Evra genuinely has been disgraceful for two/three years now apart from the start of this season.

Guys if I wanted to buy Football Manager and/or FIFA for PC, where's the cheapest place to get them?

Also how easy is it to get a ps3 controller working wit a laptop?

Kyoufu

When did you restart?

Park was fuckin' dope for two or three years, 08/09 Champions League, 09/10 (shackled Pirlo in a 4-0 win) and 10/11. Really underrated in 10/11, scored some big goals around the time Rooney was our best player and cried for attention. Park, Berbatov and Nani were our main men over that period.

Start of last season. He gave me the impression he wanted to leave.

Mastadon

Banned
Saw this on Redcafe:

Even potato-head Atkinson got 5 years before he was booted out to make way for Fergie. This club gives more time to managers than any other.

We've only had 20, so fuck you!

This is a picture of our longest serving manager, Tom Watson.

OrNWkNt.png

Again, they are celebrating direct CL qualifications.

Some of you here are crazy to just believe everything a Juve fan says about one of their rivals :lol.....

They're celebrating winning the the 2012/2013 league in a year or two when Juve gets the title taken away from them again.

Scum

Saw this on Redcafe:

There was something about this in yesterday's Evening Standard. A few clubs had double digit managers' since Fergie's 26yrs in charge.

So, Draxler has a €45m release clause in his new contract. I hate to admit it but that's certainly a good move by that shit club, no one will pay that kind of money for Julian fucking Draxler.

Oh, wait... Bayern

Peco

Look, as fucking shite a name as Schweini is, lets not pretend its even close to the worst name in this thread. There is some fucking usernames of FootyGaffers so bad I would rather drink a gallon of Michael Essien's semen than have as my online nomenclature:

These include:

no fun allowed, FeD.nL, 90TilInfinity, Jason Raize '75 - '04 UGH UGH UGH UGH, AndresCUNT777, Andrefpvs, L1NETT, GQman2121, PrematureQuiche (you fucking banned pussy malevolent), xbhaskarx, ATF487, everthustodeadbeats, Ashes1396, LabouredSubterfuge LOL LOL LOL SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT NAME YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT ANDY CARROLL HORSE, DerZuhälter, WAR recon zero, Gareth Bale (just shit)

Good ones include:

Jabo, Arjen, Linius, Anderson, Dibbz, Lightning, Plasma, bud, Wes, Fady K, elsk (rip), Fintan, Kenka, Koko, Charles, Smeghead, Yurt, Pulga, Arnie, Manager, Meier, tolkir, Slizz, Salazar, Requiem, Stubo, me myself and I, Joe, immy, Raptor, Bumhead, Scum

It's very simple. Just have a name I can say out loud in real life without a) talking for 11 minutes and b) being a staccato William Shatner cunt fuck when you have eleven underscores.

Like how? How the fuck do I say FeD.nL out loud? Feddddotenell? It's as fucking tiring on my tongue as licking out Clare Balding would be.

GXRHf.gif

Guys if I wanted to buy Football Manager and/or FIFA for PC, where's the cheapest place to get them?

Also how easy is it to get a ps3 controller working wit a laptop?

Just install motionjoy and it should be very easy from there. I'm not sure what the cheapest place is, some of the people that recently bought fifa should have a good answer to that, it's cheap as fuck some places.

... I don't think I got this PM? I'm not sure if you are being silly or not. <_<;

ibzB0GHhcD3vlE.gif

GolazoDan

Start of last season. He gave me the impression he wanted to leave.
I think he was losing his legs last season. Did score a hilarious goal in the 8-2 win over Arsenal though. It was pathetic. He toe poked it at glacial speed and it went in. LOL'd at the crappy Arsenal penalty in that game too, I forget who took it.

K1LLER7

David Johnson (Seems he's a Genuine United ITK)

"So Wayne Rooney changed his bio from Manchester United player to Nike athlete
If we didn't know before , there's ya answer
Bye Wayne"

"I bet my house, Rooney is gone".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom